Thread: A few newbie questions

Question A few newbie questions

I backed this game on Kickstarter and then completely forgot about it. Now that I have remembered about it, I'm playing it. It's fun! But I have some questions:

1. Are gems cards that I can aquire through the PvE campaign/buying packs? I got my first card that has a socket but I don't see any gems yet.

2. Do gems work in pvp?

3. Can you use PvP cards in PvE? I presume you can't the other way around.

4. I have like 10 legendary chests, 21 rare, 50 uncommon and like 130 common. I don't know why. I think I was was drunk when I backed this game on Kickstarter and did some crazy tier. Should I really grind the gold to upgrade all of them to primal? Or is it fine to just start opening them. 135 commons seems like a lot. 50 uncommon does too.

5. I have some 1700 cards. Probably because of the aforementioned drunken Kickstarter rampage. Is it thus useless for me to aquire the starter decks? Or should I still do so? Is the only way to get them via purchase or do they unlock as part of the pve campaign?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Architekt View Post
    I backed this game on Kickstarter and then completely forgot about it. Now that I have remembered about it, I'm playing it. It's fun! But I have some questions:

1. Are gems cards that I can aquire through the PvE campaign/buying packs? I got my first card that has a socket but I don't see any gems yet.
    When you make a deck, you can right click on the card with a socket and choose one from a list. You have access to all gems by default. Keep in mind the threshold requirements for those gems to activate in game.
    2. Do gems work in pvp?
    Yes
    3. Can you use PvP cards in PvE? I presume you can't the other way around.
    Yes, and correct, pve cards are pve only.
    4. I have like 10 legendary chests, 21 rare, 50 uncommon and like 130 common. I don't know why. I think I was was drunk when I backed this game on Kickstarter and did some crazy tier. Should I really grind the gold to upgrade all of them to primal? Or is it fine to just start opening them. 135 commons seems like a lot. 50 uncommon does too.
    I'm not that knowledgeable on chests... but from what I've seen around I think commons (and maybe rares if you're after the primal exclusive stuff) are the only ones worth rolling to upgrade.
    5. I have some 1700 cards. Probably because of the aforementioned drunken Kickstarter rampage. Is it thus useless for me to aquire the starter decks? Or should I still do so? Is the only way to get them via purchase or do they unlock as part of the pve campaign?

Thanks!
    Don't worry with starter decks, they've essentially been phased out. Just play campaign and frost arena and enjoy the free rewards they provide

Thanks for the super prompt reply! I appreciate it.

No probs Keep in mind set 4 is out in a couple of weeks, so you might want to sell some chests/cards on the AH to get some plat ready for release tournies.

The general advice is not to open chests that still have spins available. If you don't want to spin them yourself (and most people only spin commons and rares, as Jugg notes), then sell the spinable chests on the AH and use the money to buy spun ones.

If you do want to spin chests yourself, I would recommend buying gold (either via the forums or the trade channel in chat) rather than trying to grind it yourself. Going rate is somewhere in the neighborhood of 133 gold per plat. You can also sell spare cards, packs, chests, etc. for gold, if you'd prefer.

Check your sleeves that should help you figure out which tier you backed and from there what rewards you should have and what yet to be delivered. The main issue I see here is if you are getting weekly drafts that are going unused.

Chests come from PvP Boosters and Primals. Cracking PvP Boosters in WoF or in limited will produced a weighted random rarity (common thru legendary) chests. Primals only produce legendary.