Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
    Did the "dimensionometer" name get changed in the new game? A "dimensionometer" mesures the dimension, it would have nothing to do with transporting ghosts.
    Last edited by twolfe; 04-15-2016 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyknight View Post
    Just now they only apply to the "Proton Slinger" tier, which is marked as exclusive! Have not seen any other way to get those yet, but It would be great, if you introduce another way to get them.
    As is, it would again favorize the scalpers that buy huge amounts of everything and then up the price!
    Proton Slinger tier gets it early. Everyone else has to wait. No, they didn't announce how they may release them but you can clearly see they are going to make expansions for Slimer and Tully, I'm pretty sure you can safely assume more expansions will come from the stretch goals.

Yes, they got a bit too eager with the exclusive tag last time, but they're making ammends this time around. Why are you trying to make an issue out of this?
    Last edited by The_Xavious; 04-15-2016 at 05:37 PM.

Oops, double post. Sorry about that!
    Last edited by The_Xavious; 04-15-2016 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Double post

Rigid Buffalo
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyknight View Post
    Just now they only apply to the "Proton Slinger" tier, which is marked as exclusive! Have not seen any other way to get those yet, but It would be great, if you introduce another way to get them.
    As is, it would again favorize the scalpers that buy huge amounts of everything and then up the price!
    The box and dice are exclusive for the Proton Slinger tier. They get those stretch goals for free, but we reserve the right to offer them at retail as they are NOT marked exclusive. So, depending on sales/SKU's, you will be able to get the stretch goals at retail, but for a cost.

Please read the campaign page. We were very careful in how we laid this campaign out.
    The Yeti Handler

Community Marketing Coordinator for Cryptozoic Entertainment

Is there any chance we can get a bit more information on some of the new features? I'd love to learn more about how the Ecto-1a's plazm container fits into the gameplay, wouldn't mind seeing a few more example events and maybe an overview on the characters and how they utilize equipment/plazm.

More low level ghosts really excites me. There seems to be about 8 or so class 3 and below ghosts, plus the modifiers (wouldn't mind seeing how they are implemented in some of the scenarios) to give players a lot more variety. I feel like the first game really lacked that variety in the types of ghosts you'd most often be facing (there was like twice as many boss level ghosts compared to non-Impossible Mode class 3s and below), I'm super excited that they're giving that some improvement.

There also looks to be more class 4's this time around. I think slimer was the only one before, I'm hoping maybe they'll be easily mixed into the generic mobs a bit more, but considering Grundel is a class 4, I take they're still kind of a mini-boss level ghost?

Also, the character cards are two sided, for proton pack and slime blower. Does this mean they have different abilities based on pack or is it just for the sake of identification?
    Last edited by The_Xavious; 04-16-2016 at 12:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sara.miguel View Post
    The box and dice are exclusive for the Proton Slinger tier. They get those stretch goals for free, but we reserve the right to offer them at retail as they are NOT marked exclusive. So, depending on sales/SKU's, you will be able to get the stretch goals at retail, but for a cost.

Please read the campaign page. We were very careful in how we laid this campaign out.
    Thanks for the clear explanation. That's exactly how things like this have to be handled.

Now the only concern that I've left is the material quality of the miniatures.
    Is that "Phthalate Free PVC 95 degrees plastic" more flexible than the stuff you used last time or is it also really stiff?
    I'm asking because the more stiffness the plastic has, the more likely it would cause small details to break off, again.

No idea how far in advance the stretch goals are planned, but since we're (potentially) getting an Extreme Ghostbusters Kylie, I'd love to see Real Ghostbusters versions of Peter, Winston, Egon, and Ray as either a stretch goal, expansion, or both.

Quote Originally Posted by twolfe View Post
    I looked at some of this (and the character card). How are the old character cards supposed to fit in with the the new game?
    So how are the character cards from the first game supposed to sincronize with the second game. The kickstarter never answered this.

The first game characters seem to be pretty powerful compared to these ones. From what I have seen in the video (there's a couple frames where Egon's card is visible) they have basically 2 abilities that are of their own unique style, with the level 3 ability being roughly equivelent to the original level 2 abilities, with their level 4 ability being a powerful ability that uses up some of the plazm you've hopefully collected by then. The level one ability grants them an equipment, level two grants them a certain type of equipment, and level 5 grants them their special equipment. Equipment are single use, though they still keep the equipment after using it, it refreshes each scenario and some things can grant the players another use of it (Egon's level 4 uses up plazm to let everyone reuse an equipment).

Compared to the first game, the new versions won't level up as fast, they won't get an additional action (they bumped base action and manuever amounts by one each, so GB1 characters end up with 4 actions at level 3), and they won't have a passive team boost at 5. I haven't seen enough of the equipment to tell how much more beneficial starting with equipment and gaining it through levels will be compared to the GB1 characters, but GB1 characters will still be able to get equipment from slime piles and will be able to use slime blowers as well, so I'm sort of thinking GB1 guys will be incredibly useful mixed with the GB2 characters.
    Last edited by The_Xavious; 04-17-2016 at 02:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Xavious View Post
    and will be able to use slime blowers as well, so I'm sort of thinking GB1 guys will be incredibly useful mixed with the GB2 characters.
    I'm excited to see how we can mix and match GB1 and GB2. Me thinks there will be a couple of conversion rules needed, and possibly an update to the Errata / FAQ.