Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Sensei of the Wounded Petal
    There's no time to build.

Consider that they aren't finding it, we are just allowing the characters access to it for that turn.

We shall see. Who knows, maybe they will be able to stick around more than one use?

Rigid Buffalo
    Quote Originally Posted by Werechicken View Post

Consider that they aren't finding it, we are just allowing the characters access to it for that turn.

We shall see. Who knows, maybe they will be able to stick around more than one use?
    I misspoke in the video It's one use per scenario, so it will be able to level up with you throughout campaigns. I apologize.
    The Yeti Handler

Community Marketing Coordinator for Cryptozoic Entertainment

Quote Originally Posted by Werechicken View Post

Why cant building be done inbetween missions?

It would work far better to have generic "component" cards that you find in the slime, and inbetween each mission the Ghostbusters can redeem a set number of each component cards for an equiptment card. The more powerful the equiptment, the more components it needs. This allows players more customisation in how they play the game - do they get a few cheap bits of kit early on, or save up for some serious hardware for the later levels?

It just seems really immersion breaking to me to be rooting around in a puddle of slime and going "Oh, look.. here is some ecto goggles that some "other" previous team of paranormal eliminators must have lost in this slime!

Sensei of the Wounded Petal
    Sara, one per mission? Thats cool, better than one use only. Now if we could just get them to stay permanently...

Matt, you also brought us the trap mechanic, which I feel would slow the game down.

You and I are just going to have to agree to disagree.

But I understand and admire you wanting to make the game mechanics match better.

I don't think redeeming gear inbetween missions would slow the game down much at all, Infact it would help solve a problem I frequently have with the game which is that members of my gaming group are often left bored for the time it takes to find the tiles/ghosts and set up the next mission. This would at least give people something to do during this time.

Quote Originally Posted by MattMurdock View Post
    It just seems really immersion breaking to me to be rooting around in a puddle of slime and going "Oh, look.. here is some ecto goggles that some "other" previous team of paranormal eliminators must have lost in this slime!
    Remember that the back-story for the 1st game involves a Containment Unit breach, to explain all the ghosts and big bads that the Ghostbusters already fought being out and about. It may very well be that the new game with also have an explanation for why the gear is being found in the field, dripping with goo.

I cant wait til this launches I will get this games version of mass hysteria this time since I missed out on the last kickstarter

Rigid Buffalo
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowking01 View Post
    I cant wait til this launches I will get this games version of mass hysteria this time since I missed out on the last kickstarter
    Mass Hysteria will not be offered again. You will likely find some previous stretch goal items, but the items in the Mass Hysteria box AND the Mass Hysteria special edition box will not be offered again.
    The Yeti Handler

Community Marketing Coordinator for Cryptozoic Entertainment

Baby Yeti
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowking01 View Post
    Looks like Shadowking01 is simply saying he's going to be "all in" on this KS since he missed the first one. He/She wants to make sure that no pieces are missed.

For that matter, I'm also going to be "all in" on this one. If I end up with repeats of some stuff from the first KS, I'll figure out what to do with them (maybe experiment with painting more minis).

Yeah, I meant I would get the Ghostbusters 2 the board game equivalent of Mass Hysteria