Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recent Developments - The Oracle of Oracles

Recent Developments - The Oracle of Oracles

by HEXRysu

Every person on the HEX team has a race that they identify with. Matt Dunn, the lead designer of the Armies of Myth, identifies with the Vennen. When asked to go deeper on why he identified so well with the Vennen, he explained, “there are few things in life more satisfying than seeing someone’s face light up with emotions that came through their experiences with the story you’re telling. For us, as storytellers via game designers, those emotions are usually joy or happiness. But, to tell a rich and full story, you must write it with the full spectrum of emotion. And they’re intertwined—how can heroism exist if the hero is never challenged? On the other side of joy and happiness are despair and fear, the two emotions best represented in Vennen.”

I won’t pretend that I can dissect the connection to a race as well as Matt Dunn, but I do feel a strong connection to the Coyotle.

https://www.hextcg.com/recent-develo...le-of-oracles/
    Please tweet me @HEXWilliam for a reliable, quick response. Thank you.

Gigantisaur
    Nice card and nice article but nob one gets more value
    Buying Gold 120 gold per platinum details Here

IGN ALCHEMY KICKSTARTER BACKER MEMBER OF THE UNNAMED COUNCIL

Nob one, Avatar of Value?
    unnamed-council.com

Inner Council - The Enigma Engine
    Grand King Backer

Hero of Adamanth
    Moonsong Oracle is a fun card, but it definitely adds a bit more gamble to the pool for "create a random troop and put it into play" effects. Nothing like playing outside of Sapphire and having your whole hand turn sour. I'm sure at least a few good random-battle stories will come from it, though
    Greyhaven
    The Unnamed Council - Community Admin

can be a funny counter to mass polymorph if you draw it afterwards

Runt of the Litter
    My god, this card

Combos nicely with Syzygy to avoid the peskiness of having to pay for all those Oracle Songs.

Nobs open doors. All doors lead somewhere, to the past and the future.
    Please tweet me @HEXWilliam for a reliable, quick response. Thank you.

Omg counter that annoying imp in 1st campaign with this changing the negative artefacts back into something usefull wiktor I think ?

Quote Originally Posted by bwarner View Post
    Combos nicely with Syzygy to avoid the peskiness of having to pay for all those Oracle Songs.
    Syzygy was the first card I thought of as well. Too bad they don't benefit from any previously Syzygied Oracle Songs, but then again, if you're playing WM, you can just draw into some already discounted ones to drive the cost of the fresh ones down even further.

I was thinking that the 3S thresh may hinder it in limited, but I have a hunch there'll be enough fixing.