Thread: Azurefate Sorceress with major ruby of destruction + pterobot costing 1

Azurefate Sorceress with major ruby of destruction + pterobot costing 1

Hey,

so my opponent had azurefate with the ruby gem and reese in play. He produced a bunch of robots and then re produced pterobot. Pterobot costs was 1 but it was inspired. So..is this even a bug or is this working as intended (in which case its quite confusing).

Btw...we need a comprehensive rule book.

I think this is working as intended, because as far as I know, the Pterobot only has its costs reduced while it actually exists in .
    This would mean that until it is actually in play it's a cost 7, and so is inspired before lowering its cost.

but why is it reduced when it is your hand already then ?

Quote Originally Posted by Metronomy View Post
    but why is it reduced when it is your hand already then ?
    Because it already exists in your hand. This is just the order of operations coming into play, TCGs with rulebooks would have a timing explanation for when different things trigger.

But basically, the card is being put into play and created at the same time. So the comes into play part is triggering Azurefate Sorceress BEFORE Pterobot's own cost reduction text can trigger. The reason Pterobot cannot trigger before Azurefate sees him is because at no point does he exist to do so. The instant he exists, the instant his cost reducing text can possibly trigger, is the same instant where Azurefate Sorceress spots him entering play.

Pterobot's cost reduction isn't a trigger, its a static effect.

Quote Originally Posted by LargoLaGrande View Post
    Pterobot's cost reduction isn't a trigger, its a static effect.
    It's a static effect in terms of gameplay. Yet it's a trigger, like most game mechanics, in the programming sense. It is activated when you play a dwarf or robot, modifying its cost from wherever it is in the deck.

The cards will always trigger their interactions between each other. The only thing that varies is in what order they do so.
    Last edited by Zantetsuken; 03-23-2016 at 09:47 PM.

Devoted Emissary
    The Pterobot was inspired because it has 'cost -1 in all YOUR zones', but the chain and in play are not your zones, they are shared zones. So when Pterobot hits the board it has it's static cost without any reduction from the power.

Edit: this is explained by Magician here.
    Last edited by 05K4R; 03-24-2016 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Added source
    IGN: Nollfem, warrior backer and former WoW TCG player. Compiling official rule articles and statements for the unofficial rulebook article over at the hex4newbies wiki!

Quote Originally Posted by 05K4R View Post
    The Pterobot was inspired because it has 'cost -1 in all YOUR zones', but the chain and in play are not your zones, they are shared zones. So when Pterobot hits the board it has it's static cost without any reduction from the power.

Edit: this is explained by Magician here.
    Isn't Pterobot currently bugged and having its cost reduced in all zones though?

Devoted Emissary
    Quote Originally Posted by Audens View Post
    Isn't Pterobot currently bugged and having its cost reduced in all zones though?
    That could be the case, I haven't played with or against Pterobot in a while so I don't remember how it behaves currently.
    IGN: Nollfem, warrior backer and former WoW TCG player. Compiling official rule articles and statements for the unofficial rulebook article over at the hex4newbies wiki!