Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VIP daylight savings time!

Hybrid View

Master Theorycrafter

VIP daylight savings time!

I wanted to post a heads up to players, that some of the VIP's this weekend could be starting at a different time than usual! This is due to daylight savings time, which in the US apparently happened already at 13th of March.

For other countries, that's might be different (please consult here) hence there will be a time difference. For example, in Belgium we'll be switching to daylight savings time on Saturday night 26th of March, 2AM becomes 3AM. So Sunday VIP tournaments will be at the 'normal times' again, but Friday and Saturday tournaments will start one hour earlier!
    Last edited by nickon; 03-25-2016 at 03:47 AM.

Yeah, that caught me out with the fiveshards tournies last week. "What do you mean it started at three pm?"

Off topic, but countries (including the us) need to ditch daylight savings time since most of us are no longer farmers (I wish I was a farmer). I heard California is making a push to ditch it.
    Last edited by plaguedealer; 03-25-2016 at 07:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by plaguedealer View Post
    Off topic, but countries (including the us) need to ditch daylight savings time since most of us are no longer farmers (I wish I was a farmer). I heard California is making a push to ditch it.
    I don't use daylight savings and I'm in the USA. ya'll need to catch up with AZ yo.

Quote Originally Posted by ziggarius View Post
    I don't use daylight savings and I'm in the USA. ya'll need to catch up with AZ yo.
    AZ daylight savings supremacy all the way!

Though it does stink that I'm with Pacific time half of the year and Mountain time the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by ziggarius View Post
    Just because you're in a state that doesn't want to save sunlight doesn't mean other states don't want to save sunlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Crota View Post
    Just because you're in a state that doesn't want to save sunlight doesn't mean other states don't want to save sunlight.

Yeah it's pretty bad the way it shifts sunsets to like 4pm in the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Turboflex View Post
    Yeah it's pretty bad the way it shifts sunsets to like 4pm in the winter.
    That's when daylight savings time is NOT in effect.

Personally, my problem with DST is having to wake up and drive to work in darkness. It doesn't matter to me if it's dark when I drive home, because by then I'm not groggy anymore.

God damn this sucks man, i had no idea, just came home ready to play in the vip but NOPE..
    so sad right now