Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are you supposed to be able to respond to the activation of a Shift power?

I dont believe ive ever been able to respond to a shift while its on the stack.
    In Game Name: Halko

Doubly confirming. Opponent shifted chimera power onto a troop. Was not given an option to respond. Would be good to know if this was a bug we should report or intended.

It is definitely not intended. However, it appears to be a recent problem, and not universal. It's a basic action, with a target. There is zero reason for it to not use the chain and not give you a chance to respond.

Please note: this is already on the Known Issues list in the bug forums. You should always check there before reporting an issue. It would be nice to know which specific shifts are not working right (the forum post just says "some"), but the devs are already aware of it.
    --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well

I remember you can respond, since I already tried to respond to this type of ability and the first creature (with the shift) lost shift, but kept the ability

Quote Originally Posted by pyrovoice View Post
    I remember you can respond, since I already tried to respond to this type of ability and the first creature (with the shift) lost shift, but kept the ability
    Yeah, that's the expected (albeit somewhat unintuitive) behavior.

Can confirm, had an opponent in draft with a duplicitous duke I couldn't respond to. Didn't even get priority. Happened twice in the match and it's not the first time I've seen it (and I've had to ticket the bug at least once prior).

Again, it's on the known issues list. Can a mod please lock this?
    --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well