Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are you supposed to be able to respond to the activation of a Shift power?

Hybrid View

Are you supposed to be able to respond to the activation of a Shift power?

Because that's not how it works right now. If it's correct that you can't respond to Shifts, why? They're activated abilities, just like, say, putting a counter on Soul Marble.

Can you clarify please? You can respond to a power being shifted - it's a basic ability. If you're talking about a particular shift ability that you feel works differently, please specify the ability.
    --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well

I'm playing in the VIP Sealed and one of my opponents was playing a Shift-heavy deck. I wasn't able to respond to my opponent Shifting Warlock of Aettir, Shadowblade Assassin, or Chimera Guard Fallen's powers to other troops. They never went onto the chain. EDIT: Fortunately I still ended up winning, but it happened multiple times from multiple different Shift troops.
    Last edited by Zurai; 03-25-2016 at 09:22 PM.

That is indeed strange. The act of shifting an ability should always let you respond to it. I have witnessed it working properly just this evening. Are you able to capture video? It might help to see things play by play, if you're able to.
    --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well

Unfortunately that match ended. I should have thought to grab an OBS of it. I'll grab one if it happens again.

Quote Originally Posted by Zurai View Post
    Unfortunately that match ended. I should have thought to grab an OBS of it. I'll grab one if it happens again.
    And you're sure you didn't hit F10 to pass on all priorities? I know I've never seen that happen unless I hit F10.

Quite positive; I was holding a Throwback in hand just for the chance to respond to a Shift and disrupt it. I haven't hit an F key all night. That being said, I just made this thread to ensure I wasn't crazy about how that interaction was supposed to work. I posted a thread up in the bug reports forum, so this one can die a quiet death now.

not supposed to happen. Try to contact the support, they might have a log for the game and see where the problem is

Can confirm, Duke just shifted his ability to a troop and I couldn't respond and I've got all my opponents stops checked except pre-draw.

You're supposed to be able to respond to shift? Then I've seen this bug many times.