Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Start time listing rant

Gigantisaur
    It's a usability problems. Different customers perceive things differently. Hadn't I been busy with other things in the past months, I would have remembered to look in-client. Instead I let myself being misled by my assumptions. There. Done. I still think the official announcement should be done as it had been previously - with either GMT, MET times or links to some world clock site.

That's all I want.
    Dungeon Crawler / Collector / Raid Leader

Keep Hibbernathy - Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild @HexTUC
    Running: TUC Arena of Myth Challenge Can you do a perfect 20-0 run with every single champion? Working on #32

Quote Originally Posted by AstaSyneri View Post
    I still think the official announcement should be done as it had been previously...
    I don't think they should have to announce any times, just that it's this weekend and runs from Friday through Sunday. I think it should be on the end user to look in their own client and see when they start.

Quote Originally Posted by OutlandishMatt View Post
    I don't think they should have to announce any times, just that it's this weekend and runs from Friday through Sunday. I think it should be on the end user to look in their own client and see when they start.
    +1 Life's tough, get a helmet. Why would Hex spend the 1 minute it takes to put in a world clock to make it easier for Hex's very international player base?

Quote Originally Posted by OutlandishMatt View Post
    Considering the length of time required to participate I think an announcement including start times is perfectly reasonable, and preferably something that should be done well before the start of the event. Some players will need to plan ahead to make it work, and not everybody remembers when the start times are. Granted, the announcements that we have been getting aren't really advanced notice either, since they tend to come out on the VIP weekend itself.

I'll agree that the ultimate responsibility to check times and everything falls on the player, but the more accessible that information the easier it is for players to participate.
    Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild

We never even got an update in-client to advertise the correct dates for this weekend's VIP tourneys. It still has February's dates.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurasa View Post
    I'll agree that the ultimate responsibility to check times and everything falls on the player, but the more accessible that information the easier it is for players to participate.
    I will say that I hope eventually Hex will have a way to access things in the game without using the client. Either via web or mobile app.

Sometimes i have feeling wee are living in times where poeple are banned from google or ... are simply too lazy and must have everything handled to them.
    Proud Champion tier backer

Master Theorycrafter
    I managed to figure it out... As probably others did as well. And I even tried to help by posting this thread. I know it was rather on the late side of things and am sorry you weren't able to catch it in time.

That being said, I think CZE deliberately didn't put starting times for other timezones in their VIP announcement this month because of daylight savings time. Usually they do, that's why it caught my attention. I think listing the starting times for one timezone and then make them link to worldtimebuddy (as I've suggested before and I think they've even used it on some occasions) is the safest and easiest route for everyone. But I agree that at least they should have given a heads up in the announcement about daylight savings time if they deliberately didn't list other times because of it.

Gigantisaur
    Quote Originally Posted by Elwinz View Post
    Sometimes i have feeling wee are living in times where poeple are banned from google or ... are simply too lazy and must have everything handled to them.
    No, we live in times where some people have a life outside of Hex and rely on previously established best practice to not miss a lengthy tournament that has to be coordinated with family (on a weekend to boot). The result is that I have hardly a chance left to get my playset - the first I can't complete, which in turn leads me to think about whether the VIP program is worth my time.
    Dungeon Crawler / Collector / Raid Leader

Keep Hibbernathy - Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild @HexTUC
    Running: TUC Arena of Myth Challenge Can you do a perfect 20-0 run with every single champion? Working on #32

Quote Originally Posted by AstaSyneri View Post
    No, we live in times where some people have a life outside of Hex and rely on previously established best practice to not miss a lengthy tournament that has to be coordinated with family (on a weekend to boot). The result is that I have hardly a chance left to get my playset - the first I can't complete, which in turn leads me to think about whether the VIP program is worth my time.
    Dont let douchey comments get to you. Your post, and request is perfectly reasonable.