Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
  1. #1

    [Suggestion] Increase PVE Difficulity

    General thoughts from a 1-month old player who has spent approximately 10+ bucks so far

    PVE is NOT hard enough. Campaign is a walk in the park, Frost Ring Arena puts me to sleep sometimes. Pretty sure I'm not the only one who feels this way. PVE difficulty needs to be "up-ed" several notches to keep the adrenaline going!

    Some suggestions
    1. Unlimited Dungeons - Think of this as a journey downwards into "Hell" to steal some treasures and cards. There should be unlimited depths and incremental difficulty as the player progresses. Deeper you go, harder you get, and more/better rewards you stand to win. When you die, you start from 0 again.
    2. Frost Ring Arena - Optional difficulty bar which increases difficulty and rewards. Many ways to do this; give incremental bonuses for opponents in accordance to difficulty scale


    May I suggest that all cards be obtainable everywhere? Just reduce the drop rate to 0.000001% if need be. This at least give players the glimmer of hope of obtaining that dream card with every battle they enter. This helps a lot in keeping players motivated

  2. #2
    Theres way too much new palyers complaining that campaign is too hard.
    Having some kind oh "heroic mode" might be a thing but base campaign must stay.
    I know that its not really hard if you are good palyer ( or 1 month here but 5,10,15,20 years into card game which doenst realy count as new player) but you cant just scrap casuals
    Last edited by Elwinz; 03-27-2016 at 05:43 AM.
    Proud Champion tier backer

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by iplayfromwork View Post
    General thoughts from a 1-month old player who has spent approximately 10+ ...snip...
    1/10
    posting how HEX should be more like D3 as a MMO, in an attempt to troll everyone in the General who posts that HEX should be more like Hearthstone, is ...
    Obvious?
    Can we have a mod fast lock this to prevent feeding?

  4. #4
    Not in favor of scrapping "casuals", but just wanting more end game re-playable content.

    To Malcolm: No idea how you translated this as an attempt to troll.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by iplayfromwork View Post
    Not in favor of scrapping "casuals", but just wanting more end game re-playable content.
    To be fair, we're nowhere near an end-game yet. Right now it's just an temporary block due to lack of content - not due to this being the end of the game.

  6. #6
    High Tomb Lord
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Wandering Howling Plains
    Posts
    1,630
    I think it's hard enough thank you...
    Quote Originally Posted by NOBLERooster
    Ozawa You Lore Hound!
    IGN: OzawaWanderer

    http://i.imgur.com/fro8laQ.png

  7. #7
    Welcome to Hex.

    1) The campaign is well scaled for new players. Except Wiktor whos power level is way too punitive for new player with limited collection.
    2) Frost arena puts me in coma also.
    3) Endless and hardcore are surely great things to have eventually, but they are still implementing core systems. They still trying to get on a regular scheduled content release. End game construction is premature.
    4) New player should be incentivized to use the game/AH to get what they want not hoping for a one in a billion carrot.
    Last edited by Tazelbain; 03-28-2016 at 09:24 AM.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfCrypt View Post
    I think it's hard enough thank you...
    And that's the sole reason they won't make the campaign any harder.
    I'd too love to see hardmodes and more challenging encounters but they always have to be optional or you'll lose more players to the difficulty than you keep hanging around.
    I guess we'll see harder content down the road but the main campaign probably won't get much harder.

  9. #9
    If you have the time, some greater context about yourself and your experiences would likely be helpful

    For some example questions:
    Which race/class combos have you played? What is your experience level with TCG's as a whole? How much did you challenge yourself during the campaign? Were there any specific fights that you found to be satisfying? Things like this.

    ----------------

    As a suggestion, there is a mode of play called the Cory Challenge or HardCory mode (HC) wherein you progress through the campaign using only cards that a character begins the campaign with and only cards opened by that specific character as it progresses through the campaign -- ideally, you also don't spend any time farming dungeons for more packs as you progress. There are no extra rewards for it, and you'll have to track that character's cards externally (e.g. a spreadsheet) -- but it is an alternative at the moment, if you're looking to keep your interest.

    There is also HardCory Faction-Locked, where you play HC mode as explained, but also cannot substitute cards into your deck that would belong to the other Faction (no Elf cards in an Underworld deck, for instance). You could go one step further and Race-Lock yourself.

    If you're interested in a challenge, I recommend playing HC as a Vennen Mage, others will lament the Shin'Hare characters as more difficult than the rest. Personally, I, too, find the campaign to be trivial once you actually bring even a modest collection to bear on it, but I also think it to be overwhelming (and somewhat deceitful, for lack of a better word) for what would be the newest of players. It is, after all, only the introductory zone, not actually end-game

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Planeshaper View Post
    If you have the time, some greater context about yourself and your experiences would likely be helpful

    For some example questions:
    Which race/class combos have you played? What is your experience level with TCG's as a whole? How much did you challenge yourself during the campaign? Were there any specific fights that you found to be satisfying? Things like this.

    ----------------

    As a suggestion, there is a mode of play called the Cory Challenge or HardCory mode (HC) wherein you progress through the campaign using only cards that a character begins the campaign with and only cards opened by that specific character as it progresses through the campaign -- ideally, you also don't spend any time farming dungeons for more packs as you progress. There are no extra rewards for it, and you'll have to track that character's cards externally (e.g. a spreadsheet) -- but it is an alternative at the moment, if you're looking to keep your interest.

    There is also HardCory Faction-Locked, where you play HC mode as explained, but also cannot substitute cards into your deck that would belong to the other Faction (no Elf cards in an Underworld deck, for instance). You could go one step further and Race-Lock yourself.

    If you're interested in a challenge, I recommend playing HC as a Vennen Mage, others will lament the Shin'Hare characters as more difficult than the rest. Personally, I, too, find the campaign to be trivial once you actually bring even a modest collection to bear on it, but I also think it to be overwhelming (and somewhat deceitful, for lack of a better word) for what would be the newest of players. It is, after all, only the introductory zone, not actually end-game
    In Hex. I have cards from 3 primary color (White / Black / Blue). I found close to no challenge in the campaign and frost ring arena sad to say (which is why I'm asking for higher difficulty levels)

    I have played MTG casually in the past (started the version when Serra Angel came out, can't pinpoint it now). Hearthstone @ Legend Level when I played it, haven't touched it for close to a year now I believe.

    I understand your point with the "Mental cap". I for one, would love rewards to go up with difficulty level, as oppose to handicapping myself on a personal level due to the game not being hard enough to make it challenging :/ It's like playing ping pong on my left hand, it feels hard but you are only making it hard for yourself and it feels like a joke.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •