Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Elf Warlocks

Master Theorycrafter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lafoote View Post
    I'm not even certain how warlocks fit in. It seems like a number of cards that should be mages or priests just had "warlock" printed on them by accident.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurai View Post
    I think you just don't understand what a warlock is in Hex. Hex's warlocks are spellcasters who interact with the dead -- whether raising them as zombies like the shin'hare or calling their spirits to fight for/guide them like the humans and coyotle. The only races which have a significant number of warlocks which are ambiguous in that regard are vennen and dwarves, and I expect we'll find out how those races' warlocks are using the dead to do what they do in game at some future point.
    A mysterious calling, warlocks are as diverse as the locales they come from. Human warlocks have formed the Order of the Nobleborn and consult with the spirits of long-dead kings and knights. Necrotic warlocks are also called Midnight Shepherds and have a fierce command of the undead. Dwarven warlocks are embodiment of destruction, using anything and everything to fuel their lust for annihilation.

The Warlock is a bit more of a "fluid" class in Hex. There is going to be some races in which it more lines up with the current popular fantasy concept (shady figure practicing dark/forbidden magic or consulting with the dead), but some races, like the dwarves, elves, and the coyotle to a degree (considering how they view the world), the class bends more and gets shaded to reflect their cultural beliefs.
    Last edited by Erukk; 03-28-2016 at 11:22 AM.

Devoted Emissary
    i am experiencing a deja vu http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthr...hlight=warlock
    az2 will see ranger class and we will have to wait more for warlocks to be playable, so dont worry
    king tier backer, catalan and european

Quote Originally Posted by Erukk View Post
    A mysterious calling, warlocks are as diverse as the locales they come from. Human warlocks have formed the Order of the Nobleborn and consult with the spirits of long-dead kings and knights. Necrotic warlocks are also called Midnight Shepherds and have a fierce command of the undead. Dwarven warlocks are embodiment of destruction, using anything and everything to fuel their lust for annihilation.

The Warlock is a bit more of a "fluid" class in Hex. There is going to be some races in which it more lines up with the current popular fantasy concept (shady figure practicing dark/forbidden magic or consulting with the dead), but some races, like the dwarves, elves, and the coyotle to a degree (considering how they view the world), the class bends more and gets shaded to reflect their cultural beliefs.
    I could have sworn that I read somewhere that elven Warlocks focus on growing plant creatures, like the Briarpatch Conjurer. They're probably going to be the class closest to 'druid' in this game.
    In-game: Obsidian || Collector backer || Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulea Acadamy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aradon View Post
    Cory is a man of unrelenting promises and optimism!

Quote Originally Posted by Aradon View Post
    I could have sworn that I read somewhere that elven Warlocks focus on growing plant creatures, like the Briarpatch Conjurer. They're probably going to be the class closest to 'druid' in this game.
    I thought it was Elf Clerics that had the affinity for plants (hence their Satyr-like appearance)? There was definitely a thread about this, but heck if I can find it with the search tool the way it is.

High Tomb Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by Audens View Post
    I thought it was Elf Clerics that had the affinity for plants (hence their Satyr-like appearance)? There was definitely a thread about this, but heck if I can find it with the search tool the way it is.
    Elf Clerics are said to have the deepest connection of the three races that wield wild magic. Elf Warlocks are coined as mysterious outcast who possess dark magic to manipulate plants as dark weapons for war. They are said to control death and decay to create plants so I picture Legions to possibly have gore in them.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOBLERooster
    Ozawa You Lore Hound!
    IGN: OzawaWanderer

http://i.imgur.com/fro8laQ.png