Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elf Warlocks

High Tomb Lord

Elf Warlocks

So well Set 4 have Elf Warlocks you think? A lot of em? We only really got 3 cards for an Elf Warlock build those were in set 1 and only 1 card in set 2 to support Conjurer and Set 3 had a warlock but he was a blocker and had nothing to do mechanically wise with plant manipulation only art wise. So for most part Hex team been unable to make up Warlock cards for Elves which sucks.. Hopefully I'm just antsy to see my fave combination that I'm a bit grumpy lol
    Quote Originally Posted by NOBLERooster
    Ozawa You Lore Hound!
    IGN: OzawaWanderer

http://i.imgur.com/fro8laQ.png

I'm not even certain how warlocks fit in. It seems like a number of cards that should be mages or priests just had "warlock" printed on them by accident.
    PvE Hex - At long last!

High Tomb Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by Lafoote View Post
    I'm not even certain how warlocks fit in. It seems like a number of cards that should be mages or priests just had "warlock" printed on them by accident.
    What is a 'warlock by accident' card for example?
    Ozawa You Lore Hound!

If you expect every card of a specific race/class arcetype to have a specific mechanic tied to them you will be very very disappointed. The so called blocker is just as much a elf warlock as anything else having "only" the art in common with the theme is perfectly viable as all it needs is something in common with the theme.
    Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild
    Twice as nice as i seem and ten times as friendly.

High Tomb Lord
    Okay I suppose but still I feel like they've not really done anything with the pairing of Elven Warlock
    Ozawa You Lore Hound!

does it matter? Warlock is not out in campaign either and there are no effects that effect warlocks only.
    Same applies to shin'hare rogue, only 2 cards exist.

Master Theorycrafter
    Elven warlocks seem to be getting a lot of plant based interactions. So I can see any buffs to the slight plant tribe going on might be tie in with them later on. I wouldn't be all that surprised if they touch on some "green necromancy" as well.
    Last edited by Erukk; 03-28-2016 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfCrypt View Post
    Set 3 had a warlock but he was a blocker and had nothing to do mechanically wise with plant manipulation only art wise.
    Not entirely true: with equipment it creates a Seed Pod on death.

I don't mean to be rude with this, so please accept my apology if it comes off that way.

I think you just don't understand what a warlock is in Hex. Hex's warlocks are spellcasters who interact with the dead -- whether raising them as zombies like the shin'hare or calling their spirits to fight for/guide them like the humans and coyotle. The only races which have a significant number of warlocks which are ambiguous in that regard are vennen and dwarves, and I expect we'll find out how those races' warlocks are using the dead to do what they do in game at some future point.

As to the elves, there are only two elven warlocks that I can see: Rotroot Enchanter and Briarpatch Conjuror. Rotroot has an obvious connection to death. Briarpatch is more ambiguous, but every card doesn't have to beat us over the head with its connections.

Dwarf warlocks seem to have more mystical, esoteric interactions with robots. Clerics also do similar things but on a more basic, mechanical level.