Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help please (question)

Help please (question)

Does the effect "put remaining cards into your deck," shuffle your deck? I get the distinct feeling they do. Anyone know?*

*I realize it doesn't specify it does (nor imply) please don't flame me internet

'Put' is a specific term. It means that the cards will be put into random locations of your deck, but the rest of the deck will remain in the same order. It does not shuffle.

There are a handful of cards that do shuffle the deck, but they explicitly say shuffle in their text.
    In-game: Obsidian || Collector backer || Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulea Acadamy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aradon View Post
    Cory is a man of unrelenting promises and optimism!

Very few thing shuffle your deck once the game starts. "Put cards into deck" will put them back in the deck randomly but the order of the other cards will stay the same.

Things that shuffle the deck (for example Peek) are artifacts of the old system we had. We hope to phase them out.

In magic, you have a lot of effects that shuffle your deck, because you have the information on where cards are (when you put your card "at random", after searching for a specific card...). Since in Hex, you don't have those informations, no need to shuffle

Quote Originally Posted by Chark View Post
    Things that shuffle the deck (for example Peek) are artifacts of the old system we had. We hope to phase them out.
    that's cool to know. I much prefer put over shuffle!

Quote Originally Posted by incitfulmonk21 View Post
    that's cool to know. I much prefer put over shuffle!
    It's friendlier to mechanics like prophecy.
    Last edited by Chark; 03-28-2016 at 06:18 PM.

Do you intend to have strategic shuffle effects in the future? Stuff that will let you intentionally shuffle your own (or your opponents') deck, if you don't like how it's been arranged?
    In-game: Obsidian || Collector backer || Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulea Acadamy"
    Cory is a man of unrelenting promises and optimism!

Do you intend to have strategic shuffle effects in the future? Stuff that will let you intentionally shuffle your own (or your opponents') deck, if you don't like how it's been arranged?
    Would be a neat mechanic. "Chaos". Give it to Vennen or Necrotic maybe?
    In game: TheHollow (QotSA reference!) // http://tinyurl.com/TheHollowHex - My Trade List/Wish List!

Sounds more of a ruby effect than anything. Vennen are about control and troop destruction and necrotic are more of a jack of all trades do a bit of all deal. Orcs wouldnt fit as they are aggro and burn dependent. Goblins are ruby though and their flavor reeks of chaos and randomness.

If it were to be an effect it would be goblin themed and ruby.
    In Game Name: Halko