Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Help deaf people understand the game - transcribe HEX VODs for rewards!

yeah, the subtitle software didn't install on my computer either, so i'm just going to do it manually.

Quote Originally Posted by nickon View Post
    During lunch at work, I transcribed the first pack walktrough of Sithos stream. Entering subtitles through Subtitle Workshop goes pretty well as <ctrl-spacebar> and <ctrl-leftarrow> is an intuitive way of pausing and rewinding during transcribing.

Syncing the transcriptions will take another pass though, so I'll give the pack 1 transcription I've done already a go with that to see how that works out.

PS: Sithos, you're kind of a talker Which is good when you're a streamer of course
    How did you download the twitch VOD to use in the subtitle programme?

Quote Originally Posted by nickon View Post
    PS: Sithos, you're kind of a talker Which is good when you're a streamer of course
    True. Deaf people have absolutely no idea just how much Sithos talks in a stream (which is also why I love him... I can listen to just the audio and he talks enough that I can actually know what's going on without looking). Transcribing 15 minutes of Sithos should be worth the same as 30 minutes of anyone else.

Master Theorycrafter
    Quote Originally Posted by Showsni View Post
    How did you download the twitch VOD to use in the subtitle programme?
    You can use Twitch VOD Downloader for that For those having trouble installing Subtitle Workshop, just download the portable version. That's what I am using. No need for installing, just unzip and run! Works like a charm!

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    True. Deaf people have absolutely no idea just how much Sithos talks in a stream (which is also why I love him... I can listen to just the audio and he talks enough that I can actually know what's going on without looking). Transcribing 15 minutes of Sithos should be worth the same as 30 minutes of anyone else.
    I think I know what you're getting at... Unfortunately But at least most of the stuff he pronounces quite well I've been working on it since I got back from work, but am going to call it a day for now, as it's quite straining. Currently at 47 minutes of synced subtitles (need an extra pass for the syncing, but it goes relatively smooth - maybe twice as fast - compared to transcribing).
    Last edited by nickon; 04-04-2016 at 12:41 PM.

Hey folks,

the text file with the times can be easily used to generate subtitles with software like Subtitle Workshop - they are NOT intended to be read on their own but rather to be combined with a downloaded VOD for offline watching. Directly syncing with Subtitle Workshop is preferred of course if you're able to

The amount of deaf people in the Hex community that I know (and would love such a subtitling effort) of is approx. 20-30 people. There may still be more - generally deaf people are not that communicative!

As to the details for transcribing - you can always skip "false starts" or "likes" as they don't really add information. But you can also keep em in. Same for *coughs* Your personal preference.

LegoFortress - any text software is enough for transcribing, you dont need SubtitleWorkshop (afaik for it to install properly you need some particular Microsoft NET Frameworks...).

nickon - you're signed up for Sithos’ Archetype Drafting (interesting that he does talk so much - you're right that we don't have a clue about stuff like this

hitchslap88 - signed up for Dream Draft by Alucard

Cracked a primal for some additional prize support.

http://imgur.com/7uPG5us

Thank you for your donation, included it in the list

As for the people that have issues with installing Subtitle Workshop:

You need to run the installer as Administrator (right-click the installer and select "Run as administrator").

Alternatively, you can simply change the installation folder to a non-system folder that doesn't require Administrator privileges.

Another alternative is to use the portable version instead of the installer (see http://subworkshop.sf.net/download.php).
    from
    https://sourceforge.net/p/subworksho...read/e0e01cba/

I guess that leaves me with JeffHoogland’s stream since that's the only one that hasn't been claimed yet. It might take a couple of days though for over 4 and a half hours. I'll post progress as I get it done.

In the Alucard VoD he mentions a really fun draft that he did and uploaded to Youtube. I don't think it's as educational about drafting as the other streams people are doing but it is just so much fun that it would be a crime if anyone didn't get to experience it. Since I have a couple of days I'm not doing anything with I'll do my best making subtitles for the 5 Shard Deck Destruction Dream so everyone can share in the AluHype

Added those VoDs to the list - but please don't arbitrarily add VoDs from now on if you're eyeing the rewards, please ask beforehand if it's okay to do that - I do have to manage the "rewards" and the more people we have, the less I can give everyone for their effort given the limited donations till now.