Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Help deaf people understand the game - transcribe HEX VODs for rewards!

Quote Originally Posted by Largashbur View Post
    Added those VoDs to the list - but please don't arbitrarily add VoDs from now on if you're eyeing the rewards, please ask beforehand if it's okay to do that - I do have to manage the "rewards" and the more people we have, the less I can give everyone for their effort given the limited donations till now.
    Oh right, wow! Honestly, I wasn't trying to muscle in on the bounties or anything. This is strictly for no rewards, it's just a really cool draft that I think every HEX fan should get a chance to enjoy! Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I don't have a lot of time myself, but as a technical person who used to help write voiceover scripts, I may be able to offer some tools to help others. I once wrote an Excel program that lets you write in text and timestamps, and create an .srt (subtitle) file in a single button click. Using this, the people doing the transcribing could provide an actual timestamp file, and a person wanting to read the transcription along with the action could just download the video off of YouTube (keepvid.com works great for this), and load in the .srt file in their video program of choice (VLC does this automatically if the .srt file and video file have the same name).

If this is something you guys would be interested in, let me know and I can dig up my old Excel file and see if it needs any updates to work with more modern options. I know you are encouraging people to use Subtitle Workshop as that software will do this sort of thing as well, but the Excel sheet may be an option for people who can't install software like this, or who are not as computer savvy and need a simple solution.
    Last edited by ossuary; 04-05-2016 at 03:58 AM.
    --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well

Well, I think I'm done.

I had absolutely no idea what I was doing at the start. And despite being pretty experienced at touch typing, rapidly pressing the insert key kept screwing me up and making things take longer than they had to. In the end, I did the work through four passes of the video. One for, essentially, transcription. One for formatting. Another for formatting as I really bungled it the first go around, and finally, the caption timing. I think it ended up pretty good. I would like to clean up the timing and formatting work for the first part of the captions, but I can't really justify spending much more time on it.

I hope that you guys enjoy the VoD and that my amateur captioning isn't too distracting.

Edit: To make things easier, this is for the Five Shards Deck Destruction Dream, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BQxjrawUic
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Ytterbite; 04-09-2016 at 10:58 PM.

So, this is a cause that I very much agree with and I think deserves a lot more support. I don't know what I can drum up for it, but you guys are doing great work for the community and definitely deserve to get back something for that effort. It's a time consuming process and I am super impressed by each and every one of you.
    ----
    http://i.imgur.com/I1MZpF8.png
    HexEnt is too long to type, They're HXE now.
    I am currently trading my unused GK code for a new Tesla Model S P85D
    Feel free to contact me for where you can have it shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Ytterbite View Post
    I hope that you guys enjoy the VoD and that my amateur captioning isn't too distracting.
    Hi Ytterbite,

I just finished downloading the youtube video and I'm in the process of muxing it with the subs and sharing it with my deaf friends. From what I see you did a wonderful job. Thanks so much. The quality of the captions is really top-notch and it is really really interesting to watch. I also understand that a ton of work went into it so I am very grateful for your dedication. Again, thank you

Greetings
    Largashbur

Master Theorycrafter
    I took some time this weekend and finished transcribing Sithos stream. It's actually a fun draft and I'm glad I got to see it this way All I need to do is have a last pass on the second part of the vid to sync the transcriptions (I'll probably do that this evening) and after that I'll post them here as well.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Ytterbite View Post
    Well, I think I'm done.

I had absolutely no idea what I was doing at the start. And despite being pretty experienced at touch typing, rapidly pressing the insert key kept screwing me up and making things take longer than they had to. In the end, I did the work through four passes of the video. One for, essentially, transcription. One for formatting. Another for formatting as I really bungled it the first go around, and finally, the caption timing. I think it ended up pretty good. I would like to clean up the timing and formatting work for the first part of the captions, but I can't really justify spending much more time on it.

Edit: To make things easier, this is for the Five Shards Deck Destruction Dream, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BQxjrawUic
    Thanks very much for doing this Ytterbite. I have now uploaded the subtitle file to Youtube and subtitles should be readily available for everyone! \o/

Master Theorycrafter
    Allright as promised you can find and download the synced subtitles for Sithos’ Archetype Drafting 29 March 2016 https://www.twitch.tv/hextcg/v/57465227 below!

Download subtitles from here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By...ElDanBLQkI4Szg

I'll contact Sithos and see if he has, or can get this episode up on his YouTube and add these subtitles like Alucard did, so they are ready to go for everyone. Otherwise you can give the Twitch VOD Downloader a go which I mentioned a couple posts back.

Here are some quick stats on the subtitles for those who are interested:
    • 1879 subtitle entries
    • 17749+ words
    • 121 times mention of "Egg"
    • 75 times mention of "Spider" (You get what the deck will be about)
    • 45 coughs (Sithos I hope you are doing better now)
    • A honorable mention of the word "Shizkebab"

Kudos to Largashbur for setting this up and those sponsoring this initiative to help the hearing impaired part of our community enjoy some of the streams as well

I'm glad I could give a little something to, cheers!

Just wanted to let you know that I'm still plugging away!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hitchslap88 View Post
    Just wanted to let you know that I'm still plugging away!!!
    So am I. I'm about 90 minutes into Jeff Hoogland's stream. This is definitely a much harder task than I had originally envisioned. I will power through though, still need a few days. I manage to transcribe about 20 minutes a day.

Some of the gems I have so far:

Around 00:30:42 "Even Comcast appears to be vomiting on itself, it's always great."
    Around 00:41:07 "There's nothing on the desk, tiny monster."
    Around 01:11:49 "The gate walls have been breached. The tiny children are flooding in!"