Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: HEX is coming to Steam!

Quote Originally Posted by Tazelbain View Post
    Feel like this pushes Set 04 out to the 26th. A company like Hex doesn't push a major patch within a week before they open flood gates. And after they open flood gates, they'll need to give it a few weeks to stabilize.
    Why don't you think they'd push steam release to the 26th instead?

Hmmm I really don,t know what to think of this. It could be good but it could be bad.

What i Wonder the most, is why was this hidden from everyone? I mean most companies are happy to say and they announce in advance that they will launch with steam. It could of even been on Cory's update last week. I see this as a last resort type of thing.

It feels like you had 2 choices.
    1- Invest alot in publicity and hope for the best.
    2- Put it on steam (no immidiate investment since its just when there is a purchase that there is a commission)

Also, you said that you need to trust your product and go ahead with it. The prodcut is not the problem. Its a great one actually and it gives you a million possibilities (what other CCG don't offer). But without proprer instructions and a way to streamline all what you can do, I believe it will be difficult to maintain people. Most CCG's (which are your target audience) are used to
    1- Play the tutorial
    2- Play normal games in ranked matches
    3- win gold to buy packs in the STORE or launch a type of draft WITH GOLD

Hex
    1- Play the PVE for fun and free (which is cool)
    2- Win gold
    3- Wonder what to do with gold because i can't buy anything in the PVE section with it (which has no sense since i win it there)
    4- Finish the PVE and Wonder whta to do next.. maybe buy packs
    5- Get recommendations from players TO NOT OPEN PACKS.. but draft.. (which is the contrary of CCG's normally)
    5- Wonder whats is draft... is there a tutorial in the game?? ah no ..ok twich you say.. ok ..Can i buy a draft with my gold... NO!! why not ? I need to buy packs on AH for it.. ok ..
    6- WHAT.. 20,000 GOLD FOR 1 PACK AND I NEED 3 OF THEM PLUS PLATINUM.. i win one match for 200 to 400 gold..not fun.... how do i get platinum for free ?.. Trade you say .. ok can i post in auction house.. NO!!! ok .. how then.. oh the trade chat... ok .
    7- This is long.. how can i get gold faster... GRIND the Arena you say... oh but I need a faster deck ... and grind.. thats no fun.
    8 - this is too long... back to F2P CCG's where i can play for 1 hour and get a draft.

I know this is a TCG but the world if full of CCG.

I really hope this is a strategy and not a last resort type of thing.

Now... where is set 4

I don't think they would have the 4/12 date listed unless they were confident of that date.
    Last edited by Tazelbain; 04-05-2016 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by superdax View Post
    Hmmm I really don,t know what to think of this. It could be good but it could be bad.

What i Wonder the most, is why was this hidden from everyone? I mean most companies are happy to say and they announce in advance that they will launch with steam. It could of even been on Cory's update last week. I see this as a last resort type of thing.
    Not sure why you think we hid anything. The specific approval timing window for games on steam varies. We weren't ready to talk about it in Cory's update on Friday. We are ready to talk about it now. I felt like this was the most straight-forward way to engage our existing players. Sure, we could have wrote an announcement about it, but I wanted to talk to people directly and alleviate some of their concerns.

Rock League Champion
    i took a short look in the future ... guess what i saw... daily quests
    Austrian Kickstarter & Slacker Backer | IGN: Cernz

-=] Dont mess with the bull, you gonna get the horn [=-

High Tomb Lord
    thanks for all the answers chark!

will there be any "bonus" for linking the account? or will it be basically the same, just more convinient, if you want to use steam
    -----------------------------------------
    Grand King + Pro Player + Collector + King

Quote Originally Posted by superdax View Post

It feels like you had 2 choices.
    1- Invest alot in publicity and hope for the best.
    2- Put it on steam (no immidiate investment since its just when there is a purchase that there is a commission)

Also, you said that you need to trust your product and go ahead with it. The prodcut is not the problem. Its a great one actually and it gives you a million possibilities (what other CCG don't offer). But without proprer instructions and a way to streamline all what you can do, I believe it will be difficult to maintain people. Most CCG's (which are your target audience) are used to
    1- Play the tutorial
    2- Play normal games in ranked matches
    3- win gold to buy packs in the STORE or launch a type of draft WITH GOLD

Hex
    1- Play the PVE for fun and free (which is cool)
    2- Win gold
    3- Wonder what to do with gold because i can't buy anything in the PVE section with it (which has no sense since i win it there)
    4- Finish the PVE and Wonder whta to do next.. maybe buy packs
    5- Get recommendations from players TO NOT OPEN PACKS.. but draft.. (which is the contrary of CCG's normally)
    5- Wonder whats is draft... is there a tutorial in the game?? ah no ..ok twich you say.. ok ..Can i buy a draft with my gold... NO!! why not ? I need to buy packs on AH for it.. ok ..
    6- WHAT.. 20,000 GOLD FOR 1 PACK AND I NEED 3 OF THEM PLUS PLATINUM.. i win one match for 200 to 400 gold..not fun.... how do i get platinum for free ?.. Trade you say .. ok can i post in auction house.. NO!!! ok .. how then.. oh the trade chat... ok .
    7- This is long.. how can i get gold faster... GRIND the Arena you say... oh but I need a faster deck ... and grind.. thats no fun.
    8 - this is too long... back to F2P CCG's where i can play for 1 hour and get a draft.

I know this is a TCG but the world if full of CCG.

I really hope this is a strategy and not a last resort type of thing.

Now... where is set 4
    This is exactly why better new player experiences are needed. When people see how hard it is to get to draft (in comparison to CCG's(even though they don't have real drafts)) they often flip. The concept of cards having value is often foreign to them and possibly something they don't care about.

Even worse is that CCGs have taught people that they should be grinding constructed and opening packs to improve their deck. With no ladder matchmaking system in place they either play random opponents for no gain (they expect gain) or have to pay to enter tournaments where they will get stomped by tier 1 decks.

Quote Originally Posted by Saeijou View Post
    thanks for all the answers chark!

will there be any "bonus" for linking the account? or will it be basically the same, just more convinient, if you want to use steam
    The best would not to link your account, since linking the account will diminish their income if you buy anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Chark View Post
    Not sure why you think we hid anything. The specific approval timing window for games on steam varies. We weren't ready to talk about it in Cory's update on Friday. We are ready to talk about it now. I felt like this was the most straight-forward way to engage our existing players. Sure, we could have wrote an announcement about it, but I wanted to talk to people directly and alleviate some of their concerns.
    Would like to say I and others (I assume) appreciate your openness in discussing these matters. No matter what our thoughts are on individual subjects we all want whats best for the game.

chark dident you or an employee say whats good being on page 32 of steam hiden a way? so my question is what happened? is this a hail mary to try to get profits up to save the game i know you cant say it is even if it was as it would be stupid and a bad thing for a company to do. So comaneys say hey whe have 100k people login in were not dead but dont share that only 4-500 people spend cash and leaves out the details that say if the game is in trouble or not.