Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: HEX is coming to Steam!

Quote Originally Posted by Saeijou View Post
    thanks for all the answers chark!

will there be any "bonus" for linking the account? or will it be basically the same, just more convinient, if you want to use steam
    No bonuses for being a Steam players are currently planned. Of course things may change in the future, but there would have to be some very compelling reasons.

---Yes, it should bring an influx of new players via steam.

---But, those players will cost a high percentage of any future platinum sales. Also, previous customers may use steam tie-in cutting the 'revenue' further.

---Also, the steam world is fickle. Having a product without regular updates, a robust (non-player) tournament scene, will quickly turn players off, likely never to return. The next two sets have already been stated to likely fall outside the ideal timeline.

This early integration feels short-sighted towards the long term finances of the game. The TCG market is a niche market to begin. Giving away a percentage of player sales seems reasonable at a later date once you have on-boarded the main 'market'. Given basic marketing, a solid product with frequent updates and $$$ tournaments those users will come. Steam is great for what it is, but I'd compare it to Groupon which many business ventures regret later.

steam is pretty popular. more players will be good

it seems unusual to launch a MMO without any MMO gameplay, but good luck with whatever you have planned

High Tomb Lord
    I'm not sure adding Hex to steam means they need players or they go bankrupt a bit paranoid imo to go there.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOBLERooster
    Ozawa You Lore Hound!
    IGN: OzawaWanderer

http://i.imgur.com/fro8laQ.png

Congratulations! It's a big step forward.
    But here some things that I wish to be implemented before Steam release:
    1. Video quality settings.
    2. A very detailed in-game guide of everything HEX provides.
    3. Overall UI and stability improvements.
    Hopefully, this launch will be a huge success!

Quote Originally Posted by bofedy View Post
    chark dident you or an employee say whats good being on page 32 of steam hiden a way?
    I don't recall saying that and I am not specifically aware of a statement like this from a Hex employee. But I am sure the internet has a record and someone will find

Quote Originally Posted by bofedy View Post
    so my question is what happened? is this a hail mary to try to get profits up to save the game i know you cant say it is even if it was as it would be stupid and a bad thing for a company to do. So comaneys say hey whe have 100k people login in were not dead but dont share that only 4-500 people spend cash and leaves out the details that say if the game is in trouble or not.
    It's not a hail mary. We know what steam can do in terms of exposure for games and want to take advantage of it. I mean, you can draw whatever conclusions you want from this move in terms of game health. Obviously I can't stop you, but comments on DAU or percentage of paying players, or ARPPU in our game is outside of scope of this discussion.
    Last edited by Chark; 04-05-2016 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by superdax View Post
    Hmmm I really don,t know what to think of this. It could be good but it could be bad.

What i Wonder the most, is why was this hidden from everyone? I mean most companies are happy to say and they announce in advance that they will launch with steam. It could of even been on Cory's update last week. I see this as a last resort type of thing.

It feels like you had 2 choices.
    1- Invest alot in publicity and hope for the best.
    2- Put it on steam (no immidiate investment since its just when there is a purchase that there is a commission)

Also, you said that you need to trust your product and go ahead with it. The prodcut is not the problem. Its a great one actually and it gives you a million possibilities (what other CCG don't offer). But without proprer instructions and a way to streamline all what you can do, I believe it will be difficult to maintain people. Most CCG's (which are your target audience) are used to
    1- Play the tutorial
    2- Play normal games in ranked matches
    3- win gold to buy packs in the STORE or launch a type of draft WITH GOLD

Hex
    1- Play the PVE for fun and free (which is cool)
    2- Win gold
    3- Wonder what to do with gold because i can't buy anything in the PVE section with it (which has no sense since i win it there)
    4- Finish the PVE and Wonder whta to do next.. maybe buy packs
    5- Get recommendations from players TO NOT OPEN PACKS.. but draft.. (which is the contrary of CCG's normally)
    5- Wonder whats is draft... is there a tutorial in the game?? ah no ..ok twich you say.. ok ..Can i buy a draft with my gold... NO!! why not ? I need to buy packs on AH for it.. ok ..
    6- WHAT.. 20,000 GOLD FOR 1 PACK AND I NEED 3 OF THEM PLUS PLATINUM.. i win one match for 200 to 400 gold..not fun.... how do i get platinum for free ?.. Trade you say .. ok can i post in auction house.. NO!!! ok .. how then.. oh the trade chat... ok .
    7- This is long.. how can i get gold faster... GRIND the Arena you say... oh but I need a faster deck ... and grind.. thats no fun.
    8 - this is too long... back to F2P CCG's where i can play for 1 hour and get a draft.

I know this is a TCG but the world if full of CCG.

I really hope this is a strategy and not a last resort type of thing.

Now... where is set 4
    I too worry about this scenario. The new player experience appears to be a leaky faucet with much room for players to leak out.
    IGN: Kurposkano

High Tomb Lord
    If my opinion counts for anything. I'd like to say I was wondering in all honesty when Hex would put up on steam.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOBLERooster
    Ozawa You Lore Hound!
    IGN: OzawaWanderer

http://i.imgur.com/fro8laQ.png

im just wondering how long hex as been deciding to be on steam ect and draw conclusions ofc i want hex to be a bilion $ game as i love it but i like being informed about the things i like/ LOVE like hex.