Page 16 of 44 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: HEX is coming to Steam!

Quote Originally Posted by Chark View Post
    We know. Someone making an account to make the first post on the forums regarding this topic proves this without a doubt. Most of you are very reasonable and raise reasonable concerns over this. We are lucky to have all of you in our gaming community.

P.S. I talked about giving community access to the game early to put up reviews and guides, but the consensus was that it could damage our reputation as a company that astroturfs their unreleased Steam game. So as soon as it's live, that's when people can post reviews and guides.
    My work around for the guide problem. I'm simply making the guide under another game and will cut/paste it over when Hex releases on steam. The guide doesn't show unless published but it still allows you to get all the formatting and such done properly.

I honestly don't know how you would do it as right now the only thing I can think of is a bland tournament page, but all pics and movies are solely PvE, can anyone think of an in-game shot that really gives a PvP feel?

Also, I agree with other peeps here, while I am critical of not having it listed as early access, HexEnt has their reasons which I am sure are sound, and I beat that horse only because I always imagined that if this game were to hit Steam, it could be massive, and I really, really want that to happen.

EDIT: Maybe a pack and platinum tourney fee splash over a busy tournament page to represent some PvP is acceptable at this point? All of the media on the steam page really makes it look like a PvE game only and many people hit images only and skip the description on 'free' games.
    Last edited by fido_one; 04-05-2016 at 05:21 PM.

I really love bootlace's video post and also agree that some ingame text is needed at a minimum to guide players even with the video. Having a rule set would be pretty sweet too.

Sadly I also agree with bootlace's assertion that sealed gauntlet is currently the best new player first step into Hex PvP... But that is a $14 store - $11 AH cost to initial PvP experience (or 1100plat = ~140k gold + AH savvy = 10-20+ hours arena grind + player skill).

I really wish HXE would get serious about providing a better path to get people involved in spending some money.
    1x GK Keep - Dekroma

Quote Originally Posted by Voormas View Post
    I think this will be great overall - might be a few downsides (not all the money going to CZE - you guys deserve every cent!) but I mean just getting more people in and playing can't be bad now that we are approaching a critical mass of content

A few questions about linking accounts;

* It won't affect your in-game name right? Like I imagine integrating Steamworks would be part of this, but I don't know enough about how that works
    * By "linking" I take it this is some irreversible decision, or does it just mean when you launch the client through Steam they get a cut?
    * Does this maybe affect your eventual plans for the Auction House? The Community Market already has bid/ask...

Anyway thanks for taking the time to read these and be so candid about some of your decision making Also don't all get burnt out making this game just because we players are so enthusiastic / demanding; we're in it for the long haul, we don't want you guys getting sacrificed on Kismet's altar
    Your in-game names are safe.
    It's pseudo-irreversible. I think you would need to contact CS to unlink.
    We're investigating the community market, but the game won't interact with it on Steam initial launch.

Gigantisaur
    Quote Originally Posted by fido_one View Post
    I honestly don't know how you would do it as right now the only thing I can think of is a bland tournament page, but all pics and movies are solely PvE, can anyone think of an in-game shot that really gives a PvP feel?

Also, I agree with other peeps here, while I am critical of not having it listed as early access, HexEnt has their reasons which I am sure are sound, and I beat that horse only because I always imagined that if this game were to hit Steam, it could be massive, and I really, really want that to happen.

EDIT: Maybe a pack and platinum tourney fee splash over a busy tournament page to represent some PvP is acceptable at this point? All of the media on the steam page really makes it look like a PvE game only and many people hit images only and skip the description on 'free' games.
    I think show some video and screenshots of drafting and the sealed interface (e.g. gauntlet sealed between matches).
    Show a pic or the tournament lobby, highlighting the different draft types.

Quote Originally Posted by knightofeffect View Post
    I really love bootlace's video post and also agree that some ingame text is needed at a minimum to guide players even with the video. Having a rule set would be pretty sweet too.

Sadly I also agree with bootlace's assertion that sealed gauntlet is currently the best new player first step into Hex PvP... But that is a $14 store - $11 AH cost to initial PvP experience (or 1100plat = ~140k gold + AH savvy = 10-20+ hours arena grind + player skill).

I really wish HXE would get serious about providing a better path to get people involved in spending some money.
    How about selling the game for like 10$ (or an option to do so, i don,t know how steam works) and give them a bunch of stuff with it (like a gauthlet ticket, a bunch of PVE packs, 1 VIP ticket) something to let them sink into it.

High Tomb Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by superdax View Post
    How about selling the game for like 10$ (or an option to do so, i don,t know how steam works) and give them a bunch of stuff with it (like a gauthlet ticket, a bunch of PVE packs, 1 VIP ticket) something to let them sink into it.
    Uh.... That be bad idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOBLERooster
    Ozawa You Lore Hound!
    IGN: OzawaWanderer

http://i.imgur.com/fro8laQ.png

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eees!

Quote Originally Posted by WolfCrypt View Post
    Uh.... That be bad idea.
    The other card game does exactly that, but in exchange you get a bunch of tickets and stuff to compensate and lets you try new player experience. Still not bad in my book.

High Tomb Lord
    Hex isn't going to do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOBLERooster
    Ozawa You Lore Hound!
    IGN: OzawaWanderer

http://i.imgur.com/fro8laQ.png