Page 17 of 44 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: HEX is coming to Steam!

Quote Originally Posted by knightofeffect View Post
    I really wish HXE would get serious about providing a better path to get people involved in spending some money.
    I'd bet a lot of money that you'll never see "phantom" tournaments of any form, except for maybe the PVE "draft" dungeon that's been discussed in the past.

That being said, there are other ways to reduce the cost of participation. We'll see that soon enough.
    Hex: Shards of Fate KS || Producer

"The Magi of the Carloth highlands are renowned for their enthusiasm and generosity."
    "Speed is far more important than size when determining the power of a strike."
    "One needs no armor if both your mind and your fist are faster than your enemy's."

Quote Originally Posted by superdax View Post
    How about selling the game for like 10$ (or an option to do so, i don,t know how steam works) and give them a bunch of stuff with it (like a gauthlet ticket, a bunch of PVE packs, 1 VIP ticket) something to let them sink into it.
    We considered this route. I was pitching a version of this idea internally. We collectively decided that positioning ourselves in the free to play section was stronger.

I'd really like to see Rock league/pauper or some variant of it become an officially supported format some time after the Steam launch. I don't think there are enough players to split constructed queues at the moment, but I think it'd be a great stepping stone once the playerbase is there.

Here is a question for Chark and co:

How do you plan on interacting with the steam community, and do you plan on driving that community here or letting it stand on its own with occasional input as you do on the Hex reddit threads?

Master Theorycrafter
    So did anyone notice the account creation screen captures in the new Steam video? Just me? Has it been so long since I made an account I have no idea what making a new one is like? Yeah that's accurate.

hex video screen cap.jpg
    HexHunterMokog:

My Latest Video: DeckTech: Elemental Storms!
    @ YouTube @ Facebook @ Twitter @ Twitch.tv

Learn from Failure. Be Humble in Success.

Quote Originally Posted by hex_colin View Post
    I'd bet a lot of money that you'll never see "phantom" tournaments of any form, except for maybe the PVE "draft" dungeon that's been discussed in the past.

That being said, there are other ways to reduce the cost of participation. We'll see that soon enough.
    Yea man, that's cool. Just thinking about it myself, I couldn't come up with something better than phantom limited and couldn't see a lot of downsides, but I'm totally for a new idea.

I by no means have the best option, and if Hex came up with a more effective way to buy people into PvP than phantom limited, it could be the real differentiating factor in making Hex a massive success.

That would be my dream. I'm already firmly bought in myself and don't plan on stopping, so my only dog in this fight is Hex being the biggest it possibly can, and personally I view the cost of initial participation in PvP as the biggest stumbling block in its way.

There are a multitude of options, but I just hope its on the top of the priority list... Aside from timely PvP releases =)
    1x GK Keep - Dekroma

Quote Originally Posted by hex_colin View Post

How much money would you bet............ i'd turn to Cory and give him 90% of that to make them and keep 10%

Quote Originally Posted by knightofeffect View Post
    Yea man, that's cool. Just thinking about it myself, I couldn't come up with something better than phantom limited and couldn't see a lot of downsides, but I'm totally for a new idea.

I by no means have the best option, and if Hex came up with a more effective way to buy people into PvP than phantom limited, it could be the real differentiating factor in making Hex a massive success.

That would be my dream. I'm already firmly bought in myself and don't plan on stopping, so my only dog in this fight is Hex being the biggest it possibly can, and personally I view the cost of initial participation in PvP as the biggest stumbling block in its way.

There are a multitude of options, but I just hope its on the top of the priority list... Aside from timely PvP releases =)
    They could reduce the cost by adding a second payment option
    Ex: 1400 plat or 700 plat and 30,000 gold ?

I loled at the user-defined tags

Screen Shot 2016-04-05 at 5.46.45 PM.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by superdax View Post
    How much money would you bet............ i'd turn to Cory and give him 90% of that to make them and keep 10%
    Never make a bet you can't cower.
    Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild
    Twice as nice as i seem and ten times as friendly.