Page 21 of 44 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 438

Thread: HEX is coming to Steam!

  1. #201
    Sounds like an odd thought. What, if anything is that line of thought based on?

  2. #202
    Master Theorycrafter
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    589
    To come back on my statement, neo just made the good remark on his stream, that linking our account to Steam should not necessarily mean CZE doesn't get the full amount of our money when we purchase platinum, as long as we buy our platinum via non-Steam client.

    This way CZE gets to benefit from us being a Steam player (in terms of getting up the ranking and what not) and more importantly cash in on the full amount of money we spend on plat.

    Chark, can you confirm? What would CZE like existing players to do?

  3. #203
    Sensei of the Wounded Petal
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    263
    I may shift payment over to through steam, TBH. Simply because my card is declined and I have to tell Wells Fargo the purchase is legit EVERY SINGLE TIME I buy plat. Easier payment means I'll spend more often, which on net makes more for Hex.

    You want to talk about new player experience killer? How many people would put up with multiple calls the the bank explaining a German transaction in the US. That's a huge buzzkill to a new player feeling motivated to make that first cash purchase.

    Maybe I'm an extreme fringe case, but I wanted to make the counter argument that using Valves store can be the better option for some people.
    Are you a HEX player who lives in Minnesota? PM ME! Trying to make a roster of local players for face-to-face casual and competitive play.

  4. #204
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregangel View Post
    A big part of the game is actually free to play so the tag is ok.
    Don't care about players who thinks f2p means they can play all the game with the same easiness without paying for it than the players ready to spend some cash.
    These players are not good costumers for Hex anyway
    Okay, don't care about them, fine, but that's not the problem.
    The problem is they can put negative reviews, that mean Steam tagging HEX with a "thumb down", thumb down mean lesser interest from Steam community, lesser interest mean lesser players (and not only "F2P scrubs") trying HEX, and ofc, that mean lesser money income and HEX community growth.
    I'm not a prophet Coyotle, I'm not telling this is actually gonna happen... but I'm worried it will happen

    Sorry for my bad english, I hope you can understand what I mean.

  5. #205
    Quote Originally Posted by ThrawnOmega View Post
    I may shift payment over to through steam, TBH. Simply because my card is declined and I have to tell Wells Fargo the purchase is legit EVERY SINGLE TIME I buy plat. Easier payment means I'll spend more often, which on net makes more for Hex.

    You want to talk about new player experience killer? How many people would put up with multiple calls the the bank explaining a German transaction in the US. That's a huge buzzkill to a new player feeling motivated to make that first cash purchase.

    Maybe I'm an extreme fringe case, but I wanted to make the counter argument that using Valves store can be the better option for some people.
    Hey, me too! I have to call my bank every time (Capital One). I even told them to put a flag on the account to let these charges through too, but it continues to happen.

  6. #206
    Quote Originally Posted by nickon View Post
    To come back on my statement, neo just made the good remark on his stream, that linking our account to Steam should not necessarily mean CZE doesn't get the full amount of our money when we purchase platinum, as long as we buy our platinum via non-Steam client.

    This way CZE gets to benefit from us being a Steam player (in terms of getting up the ranking and what not) and more importantly cash in on the full amount of money we spend on plat.

    Chark, can you confirm? What would CZE like existing players to do?
    This would be an important info. I want the game to be popular and that all my dollars directly go into Cory's pocket. Expensive booze and cheap h**kers don't come for free these days...

  7. #207
    I'd like to chime in and add that I also can't purchase plat without issues (on the bright side - it's saved me from spending a lot of money.)

  8. #208
    Yeah I am 100% linking my account to Steam the second it is available. Having payments be processed through Steam rather than Gameforge is a huge plus.

  9. #209
    Quote Originally Posted by Daer View Post
    Yeah I am 100% linking my account to Steam the second it is available. Having payments be processed through Steam rather than Gameforge is a huge plus.
    Same here. I get why people would not want to. But, I've been invested in Steam far longer than Hex and it's my personal preference when it comes to buying PC games by far.

  10. #210
    Quote Originally Posted by nickon View Post
    To come back on my statement, neo just made the good remark on his stream, that linking our account to Steam should not necessarily mean CZE doesn't get the full amount of our money when we purchase platinum, as long as we buy our platinum via non-Steam client.

    This way CZE gets to benefit from us being a Steam player (in terms of getting up the ranking and what not) and more importantly cash in on the full amount of money we spend on plat.

    Chark, can you confirm? What would CZE like existing players to do?
    If we can buy plat outside of Steam so that CZE get their full cut, then I'll definitely link my game. Will help with making the game more visible

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •