Page 24 of 44 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: HEX is coming to Steam!

Quote Originally Posted by Gregangel View Post
    Question : can we unlink our account if we want ?
    This shouldn't be impossible but its tricky and involves support last we heard.
    Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild
    Twice as nice as i seem and ten times as friendly.

High Tomb Lord
    If you don't wanna link your account don't download it from steam?
    Quote Originally Posted by NOBLERooster
    Ozawa You Lore Hound!
    IGN: OzawaWanderer

http://i.imgur.com/fro8laQ.png

Quote Originally Posted by WolfCrypt View Post
    If you don't wanna link your account don't download it from steam?
    If someone wants to write a review for a game they have to have it installed via Steam and have to have played it at least 5 min...

High Tomb Lord
    Really?
    Quote Originally Posted by NOBLERooster
    Ozawa You Lore Hound!
    IGN: OzawaWanderer

http://i.imgur.com/fro8laQ.png

Quote Originally Posted by fido_one View Post
    Chark, can we link to Steam and still pay via the gameforge web portal (accessible after authenticating via https://en.hex.gameforge.com/) if we desire? I would like to use that depending on gift cards offered there but do like linking my Hex friends into Steam which would have me porting over my account.
    This seems likely, for existing accounts. With no insight into how steam accounts will work without linking to an existing account, I can't be sure if it would be universally possible.

It is certainly something I will keep an eye out for before I make my final decision about linking.

Chark, relevant question: if steam accounts can be unique, do they violate the multiple account rule if you also have a normal account? (Not particularly interested myself, but this is guaranteed to come up eventually.)
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

Chark, can we link to Steam and still pay via the gameforge web portal (accessible after authenticating via https://en.hex.gameforge.com/) if we desire? I would like to use that depending on gift cards offered there but do like linking my Hex friends into Steam which would have me porting over my account.
    It is possible they are not allowed to answer this question. I would guess that steam would not be happy with them telling users how to avoid giving the a cut.

The forum is very dead on the steam page. . .

I'm pretty sure word has gotten around quite a bit for this game (with the older generation obviously)

Steam will bring an absolute flood of younger players to the game so be ready for a lot of whining and confusion in chat

Rigid Buffalo
    I don't see how this game cannot be labelled as Early Access on Steam. Once steam users find out how lacking of content the single player RPG side of the game is, Hex wont have any feet to stand on at least for that side of the game. To pile on there's no raids or any way to interact with others in the RPG world making the MMO tag seem very suspect at best.

This way of going about the product will work with the current population because we began playing knowing what Hex was, a work in progress. If I was on the outside looking in, free to play or not the amount of content for a released game is mediocre at best. As long as the game benefits from being on steam, that's all that matters. However a large portion of the players you'll find there will not understand how a released game has such little content.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    I don't see how this game cannot be labelled as Early Access on Steam. Once steam users find out how lacking of content the single player RPG side of the game is, Hex wont have any feet to stand on at least for that side of the game. To pile on there's no raids or any way to interact with others in the RPG world making the MMO tag seem very suspect at best.

This way of going about the product will work with the current population because we began playing knowing what Hex was, a work in progress. If I was on the outside looking in, free to play or not the amount of content for a released game is mediocre at best. As long as the game benefits from being on steam, that's all that matters. However a large portion of the players you'll find there will not understand how a released game has such little content.
    I beat that horse a bit, Chark responded by saying it's against their goals in releasing on Steam as 'Early Access', which, well, fair play, I appreciate the direct response.

They did insinuate that they are re-evaluating the MMO tag because of this thread.

Rigid Buffalo
    I beat that horse a bit, Chark responded by saying it's against their goals in releasing on Steam as 'Early Access', which, well, fair play, I appreciate the direct response.

They did insinuate that they are re-evaluating the MMO tag because of this thread.
    I don't see how that will fly for most. If you look at the main steam page, it looks like the game is already done. If you announce that there will be more to come in terms of content because right now there isn't enough for a released game, you're essentially admitting the game is early access. I don't see how this endeavour will work as well as it could going down this route.