Page 25 of 44 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: HEX is coming to Steam!

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    I don't see how that will fly for most. If you look at the main steam page, it looks like the game is already done. If you announce that there will be more to come in terms of content because right now there isn't enough for a released game, you're essentially admitting the game is early access. I don't see how this endeavour will work as well as it could going down this route.
    The thing is that there will always have more content to be released. AZ2-3-4-5-6 etc.. 7 years actually if you listen to Cory. So might as well launch like this. Its still VERY good for a game that's free and has 0 microtransactions in it.

I can live with all of it, but the MMO part.. this game is an RPG, not an MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    I don't see how that will fly for most. If you look at the main steam page, it looks like the game is already done. If you announce that there will be more to come in terms of content because right now there isn't enough for a released game, you're essentially admitting the game is early access. I don't see how this endeavour will work as well as it could going down this route.
    there is enough content for a released game. there just isn't enough released content to call it a MMO.

the draft/sealed/constructed all work (with the caveat that there are lots of bugs).

if they were charging $60 for the single player PVE, it would be suspicious, but it's free and just needs to be communicated that it's chapter 1 of X.

Rigid Buffalo
    Quote Originally Posted by superdax View Post
    The thing is that there will always have more content to be released. AZ2-3-4-5-6 etc.. 7 years actually if you listen to Cory. So might as well launch like this. Its still VERY good for a game that's free and has 0 microtransactions in it.

That's fair, you wouldn't know that by just playing through steam however.

High Tomb Lord
    i really like what is happening, since the lawsuite is over though go hex!
    -----------------------------------------
    Grand King + Pro Player + Collector + King

I'm really not to sure what to make of this. fingers crossed it all works out for the best.
    Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by superdax View Post

MMO means Massivly Multiplayer Online. When you play a 100+ tournemant, it's massivly multiplayer, and it's online because we are not around a same table for sure... so MMO it is.
    It's just not MMORPG yet

Why would MMO be one of our main tags though? It's not like any of the online CCGs are advertising themselves are MMOs despite having ladder systems. They typically just describe themselves as an online card game first and foremost. Our focus should be that we're a TCG bought into a digital environment.

The entire reason for the "MMOTCG" thing in the first place was because of promised raids and more unique campaign elements that aren't in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by ManofPeace View Post
    Why would MMO be one of our main tags though? It's not like any of the online CCGs are advertising themselves are MMOs despite having ladder systems. They typically just describe themselves as an online card game first and foremost. Our focus should be that we're a TCG bought into a digital environment.

The entire reason for the "MMOTCG" thing in the first place was because of promised raids and more unique campaign elements that aren't in the game.
    Agreed.

I think it's disingenuous to call it an MMO at this point. Slap it on there and strut it around when you get a patch in with raids or other elements where there isn't as much room for debate. Right now a large swath of new users into MMOs would download the game under that tag and go 'there is no MMO stuff here, at least in the definition that I consider MMO to be.' Raids as a very big aside, we'd be closer to using the tag if we had two headed giant in (which I am in no rush for, focus on raids and doublebacks and everything else first IMO), which we know there are timing issues they need to figure out before they get to coding that sort of stuff.

Slap the MMO tag on at the right time. Though Gregangel, there is nothing preventing you from slapping that tag onto the game from a steam user perspective. It's like 'magic' that way.

what will come first, set 4 or steam distribution?
    for my part, I hope it will be set 4 so people here use their money in the Hex shop and not via steam...
    And also because I am done with set 3

Gigantisaur
    Quote Originally Posted by DrVanPorcine View Post
    what will come first, set 4 or steam distribution?
    for my part, I hope it will be set 4 so people here use their money in the Hex shop and not via steam...
    And also because I am done with set 3
    Almost certainly Steam. Didn't someone say Steam is on the 12th. No way we're getting Set 4 before then. Would be nice if they coincide if today's patch is all good and smooth, but I also doubt that (coinciding with Steam I mean; I'm sure this QoL patch will be awesome).
    I'm being pessimistic and saying beginning of May, but I'd love to be wrong.