Page 32 of 44 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: HEX is coming to Steam!

What if they opened the KS tiers again for purchase for the steam launch? Would KS backers actually be upset? This would be great marketing... I would love it because I want a collector tier and it's probably the only way Hex will ever get money from myself and a lot of players who don't need to buy plat. They could raise millions of dollars again.

Quote Originally Posted by katkillad View Post
    What if they opened the KS tiers again for purchase for the steam launch? Would KS backers actually be upset? This would be great marketing... I would love it because I want a collector tier and it's probably the only way Hex will ever get money from myself and a lot of players who don't need to buy plat. They could raise millions of dollars again.
    I for one would go apeshit. So would a lot of the rest of the community; it was a big risk back then to dip into the KS, it is not a risk now.

Most importantly CZE has stated repeatedly in no unclear terms that the KS was a one and done affair, that they would never offer it again. If they did, it would be an extraordinarily bad indicator of where the game is. It would ruin the economy for starters.

Yah, I'm not sure if you realize quite how good a value the Kickstarter tiers were. If they were available now, people would probably dump another million dollars into the game easily, but in doing so they would drop the price of existing collections significantly, and it would ultimately be disastrous.

This would kill the game. It would literally be a slap-in-the-face for any existing backer. Not because backers wouldn't be happy to share but because backers backed when the game didn't even exist yet.

It'd also be a company breaking promises at that point. And from there it'd be a downward spiral imo.

This argument has come up several times in the past.

I don't see it happening. Unless you want to see something far more devastating happen than a worst case scenario steam launch. Losing faith of your loyal playerbase, in a game that markets collections maintaining value, will destroy the game quickly through word of mouth. I don't see HXE ever doing this, as Cory knows the repercussions a company faces that pull shady shit.. (see: Upper Deck)

Quote Originally Posted by bwarner View Post
    Yah, I'm not sure if you realize quite how good a value the Kickstarter tiers were.
    I realize the value, I just got 13k plat from my 1x extra KS PVE cards and equipment that dropped last night. I would argue that they gave too much value that might be hurting the game in the long run. I think most people who kickstarted would probably kickstart for more or a higher tier if they had the chance again and find it slightly odd they would be upset if given the opportunity to do it again.

People keep complaining about the lack of marketing and the Kickstarter was the best marketing Hex has ever had. Unfortunately an eternally long dev time ruined that hype.

People keep complaining about the lack of marketing and the Kickstarter was the best marketing Hex has ever had. Unfortunately an eternally long dev time ruined that hype.
    Yeah but you have to realize that we wouldn't even be talking in this forum if it wasn't for the success of the KS. It was designed for one thing, and that was to kick start the game. Sorry about the pun there, but doing it again as Kami, NicoSharp and Bwarner stated would have most of the original KS backers going from stringent supporters to the game's biggest detractors. By CZE's own wording, another KS for this game will not happen.

KS being reopened would be meh. However, I don't see an issue creating 'similar' packages. Set 4 will be the first non-supported set from any boosts generated during KS.

Why not consider throwing a package together with some packs, sleeves and VIP entries at a reasonable discount to entice players, especially new players, into spending real currencies? Hex is pretty bad at making people want to give them money and also creating opportunities to give them money.
    Last edited by BKCshah; 04-08-2016 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BKCshah View Post
    KS being reopened would be meh. However, I don't see an issue creating 'similar' packages. Set 4 will be the first non-supported set from any boosts generated during KS.

Why not consider throwing a package together with some packs, sleeves and VIP entries at a reasonable discount to entice players, especially new players, into spending real currencies? Hex is pretty bad at making people want to give them money and also creating opportunities to give them money.
    As long as they are tied to the account + a one time deal

Quote Originally Posted by superdax View Post
    As long as they are tied to the account + a one time deal
    Again, I wouldn't even worry about this as a business. It does 'nothing' except prevent cash flow. I would consider doing one at the start of each PvP set, etc. Businesses should do everything to increase cash flow that is reasonable. Should KS have been 1 purchase per player?