Page 36 of 44 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: HEX is coming to Steam!

For now I think it is indeed better if you purchase platinum without steam. But iIf HEX gets trading cards on steam in the future, then you would only get those if you buy platinum through stream where steam does take a cut. But on the other hand, if those cards/emoticons/backgrounds are traded over steam, HEX gets a percentage of every sold item. So all they have to do is make some beautiful steam profile backgrounds that everyone wants to have, even the non HEX players

Do people really bother with the Steam trading cards?

I do because I have minor ocd but then I bought 12 games one summer sale and got overwhelmed. So I try not to look at it lol

Quote Originally Posted by Salverus View Post
    For now I think it is indeed better if you purchase platinum without steam. But iIf HEX gets trading cards on steam in the future, then you would only get those if you buy platinum through stream where steam does take a cut. But on the other hand, if those cards/emoticons/backgrounds are traded over steam, HEX gets a percentage of every sold item. So all they have to do is make some beautiful steam profile backgrounds that everyone wants to have, even the non HEX players
    I hope CZE manages to integrate the entire Steam community store for Hex. That'd allow us to start selling our cards and equipment outside of the game itself.

I know it's still tied to Steam, but that still would allow me to essentially "cash out" at times,

Plus Steam's store has the ask/buy feature so many people in Hex have asked to implement into the game. And CZE still gets the added benefit of taking a cut for any items sold through the Steam store, so that's a good way to make up for the up to 30% cut Valve takes for any purchase through Steam.
    ---------

Id like to apologize for the above statement. I commented in a very juvenile and offensive way that rightfully angered some posters. I regret it and sincerely apologize.

----------

Pro + Grand King Backer. My Trade/Sell List. You can also browse my collection. Technically everything is for sale for a price.

Devoted Emissary
    ^^ thus is what the RMAH should progress from.
    King + Raid Leader.
    I still play Decipher's LotR daily @ http://gempukku.com/gemp-lotr/

Master Theorycrafter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertzi View Post
    If you want badges you gotta get cards, I know you don't need badges but I think some of them are really cool

Interesting if there was a way to transfer plat into steam cash, then there could pseudo way to cash out and not worry about anti-money-laundering and gambling laws.
    Last edited by Tazelbain; 04-11-2016 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ertzi View Post
    Yes, a very large number of people.

I've been wondering, should us "regular" players avoid playing Hex for a few days after Steam release? The last thing we want is for server overload to give people a bad first impression and quit before they've even really tried the game. I'm just remembering the HORRIBLE lag from when AZ1 launched and I really don't want a repeat of that because that will be death for this game's potential on Steam as surely as anything.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Koz View Post
    I've been wondering, should us "regular" players avoid playing Hex for a few days after Steam release? The last thing we want is for server overload to give people a bad first impression and quit before they've even really tried the game. I'm just remembering the HORRIBLE lag from when AZ1 launched and I really don't want a repeat of that because that will be death for this game's potential on Steam as surely as anything.

Thoughts?
    Nah, the best thing about Hex is the community, having veteran players around at launch to help out is what will make the non-griefers stick around. Always good to see people helping out new players, sometimes with a few cards sprinkled into the mix.