Page 37 of 44 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: HEX is coming to Steam!

Quote Originally Posted by Ertzi View Post
    Do people really bother with the Steam trading cards?
    Enough so there is a thriving economy built up around it.

Steam page now says 19. April on my iPad.

Quote Originally Posted by Oli View Post
    Steam page now says 19. April on my iPad.
    I think iOS (maybe depending on version) is parsing the code incorrectly and showing the java date that HexEnt isn't prepared to stand on. Good to know, but it's not official as it still reads 'April' on Windows 10 and Android 5.x

On my iPad it shows the 12th lol.

Gigantisaur
    So... given the Steam source code now says April 19th, not 12th, perhaps we'll get Primal Dawn this week eh?? :P

Devoted Emissary
    Steam release end of April seems likely. Set4 releasing prior would be amazing but I won't hold my breath.
    King + Raid Leader.
    I still play Decipher's LotR daily @ http://gempukku.com/gemp-lotr/

Hey guys,

I want to mention a new feature in the game that came out with this patch: it's a step towards a Steam release. New accounts are restricted from sending attachments to other accounts, spending plat on the auction house or accepting CoD payments. We prefer not to publish the exact parameters of what it takes to remove this restriction, but in the general sense, your account age and some normal behaviors in the game will remove this restriction (you only need to meet one of the requirements to unlock).

We specifically did not limit receiving items into the new accounts by mail, because we know that players often provide cards to their friends, or even strangers who just picked up the game. Our goal is to create a barrier for those who use new accounts for scams, exploits or otherwise things that would violate the rules of the game. During the design of this feature we tried to balance the intrusiveness of it against the needs to protect ourselves (and our players) and we feel that we landed in a pretty good spot. Of course, as steam launches, we'll continue to monitor this feature and evaluate our decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Chark View Post
    Hey guys,

I want to mention a new feature in the game that came out with this patch: it's a step towards a Steam release. New accounts are restricted from sending attachments to other accounts, spending plat on the auction house or accepting CoD payments. We prefer not to publish the exact parameters of what it takes to remove this restriction, but in the general sense, your account age and some normal behaviors in the game will remove this restriction (you only need to meet one of the requirements to unlock).

We specifically did not limit receiving items into the new accounts by mail, because we know that players often provide cards to their friends, or even strangers who just picked up the game. Our goal is to create a barrier for those who use new accounts for scams, exploits or otherwise things that would violate the rules of the game. During the design of this feature we tried to balance the intrusiveness of it against the needs to protect ourselves (and our players) and we feel that we landed in a pretty good spot. Of course, as steam launches, we'll continue to monitor this feature and evaluate our decisions.
    Cool; awesome to know, if I find anyone in client with issues in this regard that is asking it seems like the response could be 'if you just created your account, there could be a block from sending attachments out - that will be removed over a period of time... etc. etc.'

Sounds like a bad approach. The first hours of playing the game influence new players a lot. There are some people that want to pay right away. These are your whales. And you're shutting them out.
    The spending plat on the auction house restriction makes the least sense really. The rest make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Axle View Post
    Sounds like a bad approach. The first hours of playing the game influence new players a lot. There are some people that want to pay right away. These are your whales. And you're shutting them out.
    The spending plat on the auction house restriction makes the least sense really.
    Sounds like it's a steam requirement so there is no going around it. And Chark didn't say everything would be banned, only certain elements that are prone to scamming.

Personally, put everything you want in to prevent scamming, even at these costs. Scamming is the greater of these evils in this game IMO. Great to hear about the whats and whys before we figure it out ourselves as well.