Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: HEX is coming to Steam!

Quote Originally Posted by Jugg View Post
    Why the hell would anyone do that, and lose 5.000 plat to fees, when they can just straight up trade it to another player? It isn't like either way is any harder to track, or would look any more "legit" if it was investigated.
    Uhhh..because in the context of this discussion they can't. We are discussing a feature where a new account can't buy cards with plat, can't mail attachments (including currency) and can't accept CoDs.

Quote Originally Posted by Chark View Post
    Uhhh..because in the context of this discussion they can't. We are discussing a feature where a new account can't buy cards with plat, can't mail attachments (including currency) and can't accept CoDs.
    On that matter, some friendly documentation highlighting that fact may be prudent. We already get countless newbie questions in general chat asking about things that should be explained within the client.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantetsuken View Post
    On that matter, some friendly documentation highlighting that fact may be prudent. We already get countless newbie questions in general chat asking about things that should be explained within the client.
    This. Will you give a basic breakdown of how people can get their accounts "unlocked"? Do they have to do the campaign, be online for a certain time period, engage in chat, etc?

Maybe have one of those "check to make this not appear again" boxes when someone enters the AH just to make sure people with new accounts are aware of it. I know when I start a game sometimes I just click through everything so highlighting it in the AH itself might be good.

Hello HEX'ers,

We live in the world of identity theft and internet scams. Steam is well a well-known place where people often use stolen credit cards to make fraudulent purcahses. All that CZE is doing here is protecting the company as well as protecting the economy of the game. As one who has sunk quite a bit of my hard earned money into this game. I am glad that they are taking these steps to protect the value of my collection.
    Grand King | Netdecker Extraordinaire | Collector

Quote Originally Posted by GobBluth View Post
    This. Will you give a basic breakdown of how people can get their accounts "unlocked"? Do they have to do the campaign, be online for a certain time period, engage in chat, etc?
    We prefer not to publish the exact parameters of what it takes to remove this restriction, but in the general sense, your account age and some normal behaviors in the game will remove this restriction (you only need to meet one of the requirements to unlock).
    They can't say exactly what the requirements are, because that would kind of defeat the purpose (making it a pain in the ass to use Hex to launder stolen credit cards/steam wallet funds).

Yeah I misread the post I was responding to, mb.

Hey guys,

I want to mention a new feature in the game that came out with this patch: it's a step towards a Steam release. New accounts are restricted from sending attachments to other accounts, spending plat on the auction house or accepting CoD payments. We prefer not to publish the exact parameters of what it takes to remove this restriction, but in the general sense, your account age and some normal behaviors in the game will remove this restriction (you only need to meet one of the requirements to unlock).

We specifically did not limit receiving items into the new accounts by mail, because we know that players often provide cards to their friends, or even strangers who just picked up the game. Our goal is to create a barrier for those who use new accounts for scams, exploits or otherwise things that would violate the rules of the game. During the design of this feature we tried to balance the intrusiveness of it against the needs to protect ourselves (and our players) and we feel that we landed in a pretty good spot. Of course, as steam launches, we'll continue to monitor this feature and evaluate our decisions.
    Can we have this mentioned in its own thread, so that its noticeable to new and other players. Would be even better if displayed on Hextcg.com

Also in my opinion this isn't a feature, its more like a security measure in place.
    Would be very helpful to the affected players if they get the gist (Visually display the reason) of why their existing features are not working in game, because of this security measure.

The Transcended
    Quote Originally Posted by publicuser View Post
    Can we have this mentioned in its own thread, so that its noticeable to new and other players. Would be even better if displayed on Hextcg.com

Also in my opinion this isn't a feature, its more like a security measure in place.
    Would be very helpful to the affected players if they get the gist (Visually display the reason) of why their existing features are not working in game, because of this security measure.
    I think the whole point is to NOT be widely known. It's perfect buried where it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoss View Post
    I think the whole point is to NOT be widely known. It's perfect buried where it is.
    Unless some MtG pro watches Jeff Hoogland's stream, sees there's a 100k invitational coming up, and decides to join and immediately buy a deck on the AH.

Quote Originally Posted by Zubrin View Post
    This is really a 3-pronged solution to prevent users from benefiting from scamming/credit card theft (from what I can tell, could be wrong here).
    Thanks for this. I was wondering how a scammer could gain from this but if it's about cashing in on external (to Hex) scams/theft then that makes a lot more sense.

Might be useful for there to be some way around it for the dedicated constructed players though. I suppose they can receive free (ingame) stuff after buying it from an outside source which is probably at least as good for them as going through plat and likely doesn't actually affect plat sales anyway (or they can receive it free from someone who trusts them to pay up in plat later).
    Last edited by Timlagor; 04-12-2016 at 07:40 AM.
    Currently Most Wanted HEX development: AH overhaul

http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/u...psee8e7213.png

Our CzE Recruitment Thread: http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=24252