Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: HEX is coming to Steam!

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    What's steam?
    This classy game distribution platform.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/359050/

Gigantisaur
    Do steam get a cut when plat is purchased or when plat is spent? Must be the first right?
    Buying Gold 120 gold per platinum details Here

IGN ALCHEMY KICKSTARTER BACKER MEMBER OF THE UNNAMED COUNCIL

Quote Originally Posted by Chark View Post
    Updated at the end, with April Fools
    Unless I'm missing it, this is the only change?

"We hope you enjoy these and many other exciting updates and have a wonderful April 1st experience!"

Given how many Hex players completely missed the joke and seemed angry on Twitch; it might need to be a little more obvious. I'll second Vorsa on just taking it down all together.

Am I right in assuming that if you use the standalone client, transactions (and a cut) goes to GameForge, and if I link it to steam, a cut *INSTEAD* goes to Steam?

Runt of the Litter
    Great news very good i wanted this, for so long!!!!

Do steam get a cut when plat is purchased or when plat is spent? Must be the first right?
    Chark answered on page 3:

"If you link your account to Steam, they will in fact get their cut of the money you spend on Hex. If you choose to do nothing to your account, then your experience (and our revenue from you) doesn't change."

And regarding purchasing:

"No significant UI changes, but transactions will be processed differently. There's a payment processor through gameforge and through Steam. Depending on how you have hex set up, you'll get one or the other."

~ Sorry, didn't read the question properly!
    ~ I'd also guess purchase of platinum with real-money is the only action that is relevant.
    Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild

Couple of questions.

Will this have an effect on the value of platinum? We already have the unsolved issue of exchange rates having different purchasing power, does bringing steam and whatever discounts/gift cards they offer further reduce the value of platinum?

Is this why we don't have set 4?

It's when it's purchased, if your account is linked to steam.

Oh goody. Since steam tracks played time I can finally see how many hundreds of hours I've played Hex

Quote Originally Posted by lightreaper View Post
    Am I right in assuming that if you use the standalone client, transactions (and a cut) goes to GameForge, and if I link it to steam, a cut *INSTEAD* goes to Steam?
    That's not correct. Gameforge is not a distribution platform (or a payment processor). They are our publisher in Europe and North America. If you choose to go through steam, Valve gets a portion of the transactions. It doesn't somehow cut out Gameforge.