Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 438

Thread: HEX is coming to Steam!

  1. #391
    Master Theorycrafter
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    516
    Quote Originally Posted by Showsni View Post
    Unless some MtG pro watches Jeff Hoogland's stream, sees there's a 100k invitational coming up, and decides to join and immediately buy a deck on the AH.
    If they're watching Jeff's stream they'll buy the deck from hex primal instead

  2. #392
    Thats great news the sooner you guys can cut the umbilical cord with gameforge the better.

  3. #393
    Quote Originally Posted by azy View Post
    Thats great news the sooner you guys can cut the umbilical cord with gameforge the better.
    This has nothing to do with them cutting ties with Gameforge.

  4. #394
    Quote Originally Posted by bwarner View Post
    This has nothing to do with them cutting ties with Gameforge.
    Of course it is, but you are too simple minded to see long term, talk to me in 2 years when the contract with gameforge is over.

  5. #395
    Quote Originally Posted by azy View Post
    Of course it is, but you are too simple minded to see long term, talk to me in 2 years when the contract with gameforge is over.
    GameForge is the publisher for Hex in both Europe and North America. That will not change. Your understanding of the situation is incorrect. There is more to their relationship than just where you download the client from. Steam is not a publisher of Hex, they don't own or run servers the game will live on, they don't handle localization, marketing, QA, or other key features of the overall Hex product, and they aren't going to. They are merely an additional place that the game can be downloaded from, and that a community can gather around.

    Don't read further into this than is necessary. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.
    --ossuary

    "Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well

  6. #396
    Quote Originally Posted by ossuary View Post
    GameForge is the publisher for Hex in both Europe and North America. That will not change. Your understanding of the situation is incorrect. There is more to their relationship than just where you download the client from. Steam is not a publisher of Hex, they don't own or run servers the game will live on, they don't handle localization, marketing, QA, or other key features of the overall Hex product, and they aren't going to. They are merely an additional place that the game can be downloaded from, and that a community can gather around.

    Don't read further into this than is necessary. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.
    Exactly.
    I smell a little bit of trolling on azy's side.

  7. #397
    The Transcended
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    7,860
    Quote Originally Posted by Timlagor View Post
    Might be useful for there to be some way around it for the dedicated constructed players though. I suppose they can receive free (ingame) stuff after buying it from an outside source which is probably at least as good for them as going through plat and likely doesn't actually affect plat sales anyway (or they can receive it free from someone who trusts them to pay up in plat later).
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatts View Post
    If they're watching Jeff's stream they'll buy the deck from hex primal instead
    3rd party sales seems like a great work around to me.

  8. #398
    Quote Originally Posted by Showsni View Post
    Unless some MtG pro watches Jeff Hoogland's stream, sees there's a 100k invitational coming up, and decides to join and immediately buy a deck on the AH.
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and propose that someone who's willing to join up and immediately drop $50-300 on a top tier deck probably isn't going to be greatly deterred by a very brief waiting period.

  9. #399
    Don't know if it's already been brought up before, but I think that a HUGE cleanup / update of the main site pages is mandatory for such a big release and the incoming flow of new players. If you look into the info there (Overview, Double Back, Equipment, etc.), many things changed since the KS campaign and many info are now outdated / false / different. Even actual images / cards art and design might benefit this (the new Steam trailer is very nice for example!).

    It can really become a problem if nothing is done on this side
    Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild

    The silent death always comes from behind... so you'd better watch your back!

  10. #400
    Other related topic i want to talk about because i feel the established players base have very high expectation for steam lauch.

    What would be a steam lauch success for you in term of steam players base ?

    In my opinion, given the state of the tcc/ccg market and the steamchart.com numbers for actual ccg games : at ny time a average of 500 steam players in game at launch and a stabilize 300 steam players in game would be a big success (and a 500/600 average peak at new contents release). More would be a awesome success
    But given the nature and quality of Hex we can hope for a constant increase year after year. Slow infusion more than a big bang

    But it feels like it wouldn't be some kind of disapointment for lots of players here. So i ask. What do you expect ?
    Last edited by Gregangel; 04-14-2016 at 12:52 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •