Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 LastLast

Thread: HEX is coming to Steam!

Quote Originally Posted by frychikn View Post
    doubling its userbase probably oonly gives us like 1k players if that
    Yeah when I say that, its more in the PVP side. We are not really able to mesure the PVE side of the game.
    If we get 2000 users constantly in the PVP everyday, I'm happy. from there it can just grow. (I hope)

Quote Originally Posted by Chark View Post
    Random troops are the worst when R&D playtests early versions of a set on paper. "Someone give me a 2 costed Wild troop!" "Wild Child." "Damn it!"
    I did not realize, but indeed when you guys test the set early on you do it with paper Must be funny and frustrating to simulate ramdomness and certain aspects.

Quote Originally Posted by superdax View Post
    I did not realize, but indeed when you guys test the set early on you do it with paper Must be funny and frustrating to simulate ramdomness and certain aspects.
    It involves someone not in the game filtering Card Manager to the appropriate cards and then the player rolling dice to get a result. It's hilarious. And those are the easy ones. There is a mechanic in the Kraken dungeon (at least when I tested it) that had me filling out hundreds of tiny slips of paper and adding them to cards in my deck. It was math problem every time I drew or played a card.
    Hex: Shards of Fate KS || Producer

"The Magi of the Carloth highlands are renowned for their enthusiasm and generosity."
    "Speed is far more important than size when determining the power of a strike."
    "One needs no armor if both your mind and your fist are faster than your enemy's."

Quote Originally Posted by superdax View Post
    If we get 2000 users constantly in the PVP everyday, I'm happy. from there it can just grow. (I hope)

I think this number is (sadly) way off. We dont have 1k people playing pvp at the moment on a daily basis. It just isnt there. Not close..

But we will have steamcharts when steam comes. So then we will have some real numbers to talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by Metronomy View Post
    I think this number is (sadly) way off. We dont have 1k people playing pvp at the moment on a daily basis. It just isnt there. Not close..

But we will have steamcharts when steam comes. So then we will have some real numbers to talk about.
    this.

also, even though you can "f2p" your way to things, this game just doesnt seem like its for "f2P players" at all. When steam comes out, how many players do you think are honestly going to jump into constructed? I'd bet like none. I think a realistic way of thinking is, players are going to come and play the campaign. have some fun and eventually beat it, then ask when the next part will come out and get a "we have no clue tbh" and be turned off from the game. Then players will tell them all the things they can do like farm content they've already played and sell things on the AH to play in draft etc etc. Honestly how many people are going to want to farm content for little plat to eventually play in the paid mode?

I can promise a good portion of the players are going to finish the campaign, be displeased that there is so little and then "take a break". The few players that will want to grind, will do so, scrape together enough to draft, then lose first round to experienced players.

I honestly dont see this going well for hex.

Gigantisaur
    Nonsense the product is awesome and some percentage of new players will see drink the coolaid especially with new Cory video
    Buying Gold 120 gold per platinum details Here

IGN ALCHEMY KICKSTARTER BACKER MEMBER OF THE UNNAMED COUNCIL

if they divide PvP into categories there will also be more players playing PvP with the same playerbase, I assume (for the random opponent). Because if you don't have a t1 deck, there is no point trying a random match.

Gigantisaur
    Quote Originally Posted by Salverus View Post
    if they divide PvP into categories there will also be more players playing PvP with the same playerbase, I assume (for the random opponent). Because if you don't have a t1 deck, there is no point trying a random match.
    Or we could have an actual ladder/ranking system in place that is visible and engenders a sense of progression for any f2p-ers that don't want to move into limited/competitive constructed.

Quote Originally Posted by Salverus View Post
    The answer "now what?" after you ran through the campaign a few times is lacking.

wait there is a new cory video?