Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3341424344 LastLast

Thread: HEX is coming to Steam!

Quote Originally Posted by bizznach View Post
    wait there is a new cory video?
    Read the article.

Hopefully it comes with a patch for f2p users to have fun with.

Like a ladder system so all the players running top tier decks quickly go to the top and facing each other while the new players only have to deal with such decks once or twice. Also easier gold to platinum trading (hey new player quick learn about the mailing system and not the actual card game, and you better figure out the proper gold to platinum rate!)
    Last edited by whiteyzz; 04-14-2016 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteyzz View Post
    Hopefully it comes with a patch for f2p users to have fun with.

Like a ladder system so all the players running top tier decks quickly go to the top and facing each other while the new players only have to deal with such decks once or twice. Also easier gold to platinum trading (hey new player quick learn about the mailing system and not the actual card game, and you better figure out the proper gold to platinum rate!)
    do marketing teams get no say in digital card games? seems they should have done research if those things arnt coming with the steam release.

Quote Originally Posted by Metronomy View Post
    I think this number is (sadly) way off. We dont have 1k people playing pvp at the moment on a daily basis. It just isnt there. Not close..

But we will have steamcharts when steam comes. So then we will have some real numbers to talk about.
    Yeah i did not say that we will have 2k. My original post says that with steam and Set 4 we'll get 1k. and hopefully by the end of the year we'll double that.. I'll be happy with 1k for now. (in PVP that is )

Hmm..

Shooter games can get 10k concurrent players on Steam on release day. Blacklight, Loadout and Gunz 2 are examples.

HEX? Maybe 5k max, realistically 1-2k. The f2p magic game had 10k players on day 1 but it has the Magic brand behind it. It really depends on when it releases though. I think the highest number for Infinity Wars was 1,600 on release day. I think HEX is a far greater game than Infinity Wars, but it's not just about that.
    Last edited by Axle; 04-14-2016 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mejis View Post
    Or we could have an actual ladder/ranking system in place that is visible and engenders a sense of progression for any f2p-ers that don't want to move into limited/competitive constructed.
    In the long run, a Ranking system is the best, but there is easier way to do this for now. You could easily add a common only (pauper) consctructed format to the Gautlet. It probably requires alot less programming than doing a full ranking system.

F2P can easily acquire commons on the auction house with gold. They will have to pay for plat, but a gautlet lets you play a bunch of games and maybe win 1-2 packs even if your bad. Now new people get sent to draft and in my opinion its not a good idea to start. (and for those that think that it would split the player base, don't forget that it would also help bring alot more people to the gauthlet which would probably compensate that problem)

You could do it even friendly by adding a Gold payment option with smaller rewards (but might require more work).

In the end, if they want to do ranking, they won't take manpower to do something else and they will try to release the Ranking ASAP.

Doing both would actually be good also I'd really love to do some pauper gauthlet.

Pauper gauntlet with a lower entry fee and reward structure seems like a necessity and a great idea with a pending large influx of new players.

I would actually be up for a pauper or rock constructed gauntlet. How would you price it though and what would the prize structure be like? If you keep the prize structure the same the entry fee would need to stay the same (as the entry fee is to pay for the prizes), which seems a bit expensive for a gauntlet that is supposed to help new players get into tournaments.

Agreed that the price point has to be lower. Maybe something as simple as 100 plat entry, and it's either 3 wins or 3 losses and you're done. 3 Wins first gets you a pack and 3 losses gets you nothing? It's really just expanding length of play with the same entry + payouts as a heads up constructed tourney. 50% of entries would win, yea? Or just keep the same structure as heads up constructed, but add a pauper format.

Didn't really put too much thought into it but seems like it can work. New players can grind their way up if they have over a 50% winrate and provides some competitive constructed play for those on a budget with it being Pauper and all to begin with.
    Last edited by TOOT; 04-14-2016 at 10:39 PM.

If HexEnt can't officially say if they prefer players to play Steam-y HEX or non-Steam HEX, I think I am starting to lean towards linking the game to Steam. Just for the community and easy integration of non-HEX friends. I don't want to be left out of any possible features/marketplaces. After that I could also easily write a review on Steam, and I like the idea of seeing my play hours.

So, if there will never be an official guide to link up one's HEX account to Steam, how would one do it? Can you already do that? I have never had a reason to link non-Steam games to it before, so I really have no clue how to do this. Seems to me it's obvious to everyone else.