Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34424344

Thread: HEX is coming to Steam!

Quote Originally Posted by TOOT View Post
    Agreed that the price point has to be lower. Maybe something as simple as 100 plat entry, and it's either 3 wins or 3 losses and you're done. 3 Wins first gets you a pack and 3 losses gets you nothing? It's really just expanding length of play with the same entry + payouts as a heads up constructed tourney. 50% of entries would win, yea? Or just keep the same structure as heads up constructed, but add a pauper format.

Didn't really put too much thought into it but seems like it can work. New players can grind their way up if they have over a 50% winrate and provides some competitive constructed play for those on a budget with it being Pauper and all to begin with.
    To start i would not change anything the structure of wins and losts because they would need to work on a different gautlet structure and again this takes time.

The fact that the cost to acquire the cards (common's can be acquired for gold quite easily) is already something in its own. Maybe a lower cost (but 100 plat would be too low ) but maybe in the 300 plat and give like 1 pack to 3 wins, 2 packs 4 wins and 3 packs 5 wins... somthing like that

but again, if it requires to much work, its better that they leave it and continue on ranking, but if its just like 1 - 2 days of work to arrange the payout, i would do it as it helps directs new players to a different experience with lower money investement.

the only reason why I will be using steam for hex is so my friends can see me playing it and hopefully entice them to try it out too

Hey all, Glad to see you moving onto Steam, I'm guessing if i link my account, i'll be able to buy platinum through my steam wallet? (seems obvious but you never know) i will be spending a lot more on hex if so, (only spent money KS so far i have issues trying to use gameforge since it's in germany, don't ask, long boring and irritating story ), steam wallet makes it SOOOoooo easy for me.

as a side note, if i link my account, will it affect my KS tier reward, 10%xp from Guild master?( or other similar KS tier bonuses)
    thanks

Hey cedon,

Chark has previously confirmed that if you link your account on Steam, then when you go to buy Platinum in game, you'll go through a Steam portal page to get it instead of a GameForge one. I believe that means you'll be able to use your Steam wallet to make the purchase (others can probably confirm this particular bit better than me - I don't actually use Steam).

Linking to Steam will definitely not alter your KS rewards in any way - those are still tied to your Hex account no matter what, and won't change as a result.
    --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well

Quote Originally Posted by ossuary View Post
    Hey cedon,

Chark has previously confirmed that if you link your account on Steam, then when you go to buy Platinum in game, you'll go through a Steam portal page to get it instead of a GameForge one. I believe that means you'll be able to use your Steam wallet to make the purchase (others can probably confirm this particular bit better than me - I don't actually use Steam).

Linking to Steam will definitely not alter your KS rewards in any way - those are still tied to your Hex account no matter what, and won't change as a result.
    With Gameforge saying there will be 'special packages' and the implication that those packages will be via Steam, I'm definitely going to be linking my account. I got bitten WAAY too many times with trying to play the discount game via giftcards on Gameforge and if steam has 'packages' to draw in players, beyond direct community tools, I can't imagine myself ever going directly through gameforge again. No disrespect to GF, I think they get a bad rap, it's just that Steam is better for me as a consumer going forward.

Hey cedon,

so if you link account with steam you wont be able to use gamfeorge epins?

I doubt that would be the case. If you log in to your account at hex.gameforge.com currently, there's an option there to "top up your platinum." I've never done it myself, but I assume it's pretty much the same as buying plat in-game currently, so they probably have similar options there. That being said, it might be worth checking out that link before connecting to your Steam account, so you know for sure.
    --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well

I doubt that would be the case. If you log in to your account at hex.gameforge.com currently, there's an option there to "top up your platinum." I've never done it myself, but I assume it's pretty much the same as buying plat in-game currently, so they probably have similar options there. That being said, it might be worth checking out that link before connecting to your Steam account, so you know for sure.
    I've done it before. It's pretty much equivalent to the in-game to browser thing.