Page 7 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: HEX is coming to Steam!

Quote Originally Posted by Gregangel View Post
    Merci !
    I also write a guide about Hex economy on the forum.
    After the release i will put it on the guide page too
    I don't understand a word of what you posted there but thank you so much for taking the time to write all this.
    We should try and have a guide in each major language up prior to the release.

There better be an achievement for winning a match with Baby Yeti or I will be disappointed.

Great news, CZE. Now nothing will stand in the way of total Hex domination.

I've been launching through steam (as a non steam game) for a long time now, glad that we can finally do it legitimately. I am, however, worried that the servers may struggle with the massive influx that is always inevitable with steam releases. I've seen it so many times, and it will absolutely kill the ratings and drive away players if this happens for any extended period of time. Oh and RIP chat, wall of spam incoming

I'm also concerned about the new players understanding how the game is F2P and how to navigate gold vs. plat and the economy in general. The new player explanations on Hex's official website are very out of date and frankly convoluted. The videos are of the old client which will in no way help a new player with the current one. I hope Hex has put some work into taking an objective look at how a new player would react to this game.

I'm glad to see you guys will be getting the added exposure / visibility of being on Steam. I, personally, will not be linking my account to Steam, to ensure the maximum amount of money from plat purchases still ends up in your guys' pockets... but I'm glad this exists.
    --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well

Is there a way to get access to the game early in order to put guides up? I don't believe we can make a guide without "owning" the game and I think having them would be a good idea on launch day.

High Tomb Lord
    I was wondering how long it would take tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by NOBLERooster
    Ozawa You Lore Hound!
    IGN: OzawaWanderer

http://i.imgur.com/fro8laQ.png

Quote Originally Posted by GobBluth View Post
    I'm also concerned about the new players understanding how the game is F2P and how to navigate gold vs. plat and the economy in general. The new player explanations on Hex's official website are very out of date and frankly convoluted. The videos are of the old client which will in no way help a new player with the current one. I hope Hex has put some work into taking an objective look at how a new player would react to this game.
    I plan on making the Steam Hex forums a regular stop on my Internet journeys. Hopefully, the community can step up its game and help out any new players there as well.

High Tomb Lord
    I won't download it as I already have it but I'll certainly write a review.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOBLERooster
    Ozawa You Lore Hound!
    IGN: OzawaWanderer

http://i.imgur.com/fro8laQ.png

Quote Originally Posted by Gregangel View Post
    A bit worry about one thing : it seems the steam lauch will be on the same day of set 4 release.

If it is the case, are the servers ready to manage the very big increase of players or we need to expect some awful lag during a week or so ?
    Steam launch and set 4 release are not scheduled to be on the same day.

Quote Originally Posted by Khazrakh View Post
    Mh.

I trust your decisions Chark and I'm sure you guys thought it through a lot. Still, personally, I don't like it.
    A lot of (F2P) players will not understand what's going on, how the business model is meant to work and will downvote it into oblivion. I'm predicting a mixed rating of 50% at best - that's something almost impossible to recover from in the Steam universe. We'll get an huge influx of new players at first, but they might leave scorched earth behind when they leave.
    Maybe I'm too pessimistic here and should put a little more trust into humanity and all, but I've seen this happen too often already.
    At least make sure your servers can handle the masses of players
    Bad reviews are always a fear. We of course worry about this too, but at some point we have to have some faith in the product. We believe we're ready for the server load.
    Last edited by Chark; 04-05-2016 at 01:18 PM.