Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: HEX is coming to Steam!

Gigantisaur
    Wonderful news guys. I already played hex as a non-steam game through steam, so I'll certainly download through steam for real.

I hope this brings in a ton of new players and customers willing to spend $. I also hope that newbies don't get confused and rate it negatively if they perceive it as f2p with micro transactions.
    I will certainly leave a glowing review.

So will this coincide with set 4 releasing? Has good affected set 4? (Haven't read the thread yet sorry)

Edit: I see the above has been answered.

Quote Originally Posted by ossuary View Post
    I'm glad to see you guys will be getting the added exposure / visibility of being on Steam. I, personally, will not be linking my account to Steam, to ensure the maximum amount of money from plat purchases still ends up in your guys' pockets... but I'm glad this exists.
    Hear, hear!

Quote Originally Posted by Chark View Post
    Steam launch and set 4 release are not scheduled to be on the same day.

Bad reviews are always a fear. We of course worry about this too, but at some point we have to have some faith in the product. We believe we're ready for the server load.
    So you're saying there is a schedule. Impressive

Can someone post that internal schedule? I missed the memo

Awesome, this will be huge exposure! I'm guessing some of the updates to the new player experience will go live with or before this?

Quote Originally Posted by Chark View Post
    Steam launch and set 4 release are not scheduled to be on the same day.

Bad reviews are always a fear. We of course worry about this too, but at some point we have to have some faith in the product. We believe we're ready for the server load.
    I'd agree that the content portion of the product is ready, but an explaination of what to do with gold, how to approach the AH, how to become engaged in limited, and a legible chat system under heavy load, are all pretty big concerns that could hurt those reviews.
    1x GK Keep - Dekroma

The Transcended
    I'd drop this from the Steam blurb:
    "◾Win amazing prizes in daily tournaments with up to 128 players "

I'd stick with talking about the on-demand tournaments and Gauntlet.

I also echo the worries about the NPE (new player experience). I assume you've done your research and believe you're ready. Here's hoping!

I think the game should get some quality of life patch before going to Steam. Chat need to be better(like alowing to copy text and click on links. Auction House is just terrible the way it is now. It need massive and complete overhaul. Game need a good optimization. Options in video section are almost non existant...
    On the side I understand why the game go to Steam. As DelBoy said in Only fools and horses: Who dare wins. This time next year we will be a millionairs Good luck Hex. I will write a positive review couse I LOVE this game.
    IGN: Calixe
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f**k with me, I will kill you all." - James Mattis

I think the main concern with this game will be how vitriolic the Steam Community can be if the game isn't 'polished'. Even moreso if the game isn't listed as Early Access - since we're not feature complete.

Especially considering how much bashing the direct competitor to this game took on Steam.