Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: HEX is coming to Steam!

Quote Originally Posted by Kami View Post
    Especially considering how much bashing the direct competitor to this game took on Steam.
    Really? Looks like the user reviews for that "other game" are Very Positive: http://store.steampowered.com/app/21...p_reviews_hash

Quote Originally Posted by Showsni View Post
    Really? Looks like the user reviews for that "other game" are Very Positive: http://store.steampowered.com/app/21...p_reviews_hash
    You're looking at the old one which was polished.

The new one: http://store.steampowered.com/app/316010/ - That used to be NEGATIVE. And it's only recently turned Mixed after a year or so of updates.

Lot of good points being brought up.

Hopefully they have the set 4 patch with a MUCH better new player guide and then launch to steam. As it is most new people have no idea what they are doing, I don't think the steam crowd are know for their patience and doing their own research.

It also occurs to me that Steam users are likely to be up in arms about the Kickstarter rewards too. Look at what happened to the Armello launch on Steam.

Gigantisaur
    Quote Originally Posted by magic_gazz View Post
    Lot of good points being brought up.

Hopefully they have the set 4 patch with a MUCH better new player guide and then launch to steam. As it is most new people have no idea what they are doing, I don't think the steam crowd are know for their patience and doing their own research.
    I have to agree here.
    There really needs to be a ton of info on the landing page of the game to explain everything.
    PvE is great and all, but not everyone will head to the campaign and so may miss out on some mechanics.

There needs to be an explanation of what drafting is, what gauntlet is, what sealed gauntlet and constructed gauntlet are, what "sets" are and how there are currently (I'm hoping we get Set 4 before Steam) 2 legal sets for drafting but in constructed everything is game (save for TitM, but prob don't need to say that).
    The AH needs to be described (outside of the campaign) and that you can buy almost EVERYTHING on there.
    Etc.

I'm sure HXE have done their research well and have already incorporated some changes into the version that will go live with Steam (again, hoping that means Set 4 is coming before then), but it's definitely worth discussing all these things here.
    I'm pumped for the Steam release, but I do worry that Steam reviews can come in very rapidly and negatively given how many people have zero patience to investigate a game properly but are happy to slap a (negative) review down on a game.

TBH, MTG Duels of the Planeswalkers isn't really a direct competitor to Hex.

Quote Originally Posted by knightofeffect View Post
    Gameforge's payment platform already accepts giftcards, a wide variety of giftcards which can be purchase at pretty big discounts. I don't think steam's giftcard discounts will approach the ~30% savings that you can currently get through gameforge for the shrewd buyer and should actually support the value of plat.
    While that may be the case, Steam will support my currency which means I will save a not insignificant amount by not having to do foreign exchange.

High Tomb Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrender View Post
    TBH, MTG Duels of the Planeswalkers isn't really a direct competitor to Hex.
    Exactly
    Quote Originally Posted by NOBLERooster
    Ozawa You Lore Hound!
    IGN: OzawaWanderer

http://i.imgur.com/fro8laQ.png

Nothing useful to add at all, other than being very happy to see this.
    Amatyr, Grand King + Collector

Feel like this pushes Set 04 out to the 26th. A company like Hex doesn't push a major patch within a week before they open flood gates. And after they open flood gates, they'll need to give it a few weeks to stabilize.