Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Update patch notes up?

Quote Originally Posted by Khazrakh View Post
    Looks like they do - would love to know the reasoning behind that.
    So you can stop farming gold

Quote Originally Posted by Khazrakh View Post
    Looks like they do - would love to know the reasoning behind that.
    Because keywords are supposed to shorten and simplify understanding of cards. Which isn't really accomplished when there are only five cards in question that work that way instead of dozens.

Further they're probably retiring that specific implementation. New escalating cards would have "put into yer deck" instead of "shuffle".

Empowered Escalation cards
    This guy has some wonderful ideas about things.

Quote Originally Posted by Aradon View Post
    That's what I'm reading. If you have a 1/1 that's getting buffed by a Bucktooth Commander to a 2/2 and you copy it, the copy will be a 1/1 that is also buffed to a 2/2, and if you Wild Growth a 1/1 to a 4/4 and copy it, the copy seems like will also be a 4/4 until end of turn.

I could be misreading that, but that was my impression.
    That would be very sneaky though. They promised that they would never nerf a card, or at least a PvP card. However, by changing the rules like that, they are effectively nerfing every card that creates copies, without actually changing the card itself.

They already nerfed Battle Hoppers so the edges aren't safe

Copies never seemed like a fully baked idea. And copied uniques clobbering the original makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazelbain View Post
    Copies never seemed like a fully baked idea.
    The ruleset for copies was actually explained in much details in an article back in August. Rule #2 for a copy is (or rather was) "Copies get all modifiers that the copied card had, except all of these modifiers are kept with a permanent duration."

Also we are now in version 1.0.0.057 (If I remember correctly last version was 0.99.xxx).

Quote Originally Posted by 05K4R View Post
    - Indefinite modifiers no longer get applied when copied
    - Copies now respect turn modifiers that the card copied had

Does this mean that they change the rules for how Copy works, or am I reading it incorrect? Do they not set the duration of copied modifiers to permanent anymore?
    I am fairly certain they are referring to things like Heart of the Wrathwood that gets +1/+1 for each permanent resource you control. Before, if you copied that troop when you had 6 resources out it would be a 6/6 that gets +1/+1 for each permanent resource you control.

Devoted Emissary
    Quote Originally Posted by sukebe View Post
    I am fairly certain they are referring to things like Heart of the Wrathwood that gets +1/+1 for each permanent resource you control. Before, if you copied that troop when you had 6 resources out it would be a 6/6 that gets +1/+1 for each permanent resource you control.
    Yeah I think so too, but this made sense from the rules that they stated about Copy, it wasn't a bug.
    IGN: Nollfem, warrior backer and former WoW TCG player. Compiling official rule articles and statements for the unofficial rulebook article over at the hex4newbies wiki!