Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are we missing equipment from the Kickstarter cards we got today?

I've posted it in Decklist and Strategy forum: http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=48641

Turn three is very rare; I had a godly draw with lots of Chronic Madness there. Turn 4 or 5 is more likely, like this:

Last edited by Showsni; 04-07-2016 at 03:33 PM.

Just to update, I now have the equipment Bursting Bauble, Cowl of Emptiness, Double-Step Boots, Goldfingered Gloves, Helm of Avarice, Hushed Cutter, Modular Breastplate, Rending Hammer, Tentacled Fingers, Silent Strike Armor and Whisper Taker.

I think a few pieces still might be missing/unavailable. The only one I know off the top of my head is Ring of the Queensguard.

Edit: Logged out and back in and see 4 new pieces, must have just logged in during the middle of giving them out.
    Last edited by katkillad; 04-07-2016 at 06:45 PM.

Note: almost all of these cards were heavily modified or nerfed (or both) from the original KS promises. In particular, Lady Cassandra and The Crowd Roars are completely different cards from what they were originally shown to be. The rest are functionally the same concept, but for the most part not as good as they were originally going to be.

The thing that makes me really sad is that The Crowd Roars uses the exact same equipment slot as Flamethought Seeker, and has the exact same effect. Why even bother? You can't use both together, so there's no point having both do the same thing. Really disappointed by that. A complete waste of an exclusive card. Why did this get changed to a draw spell instead of staying as an attack buff? At least that was its own thing.
    --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well

Quote Originally Posted by ossuary View Post
    Note: almost all of these cards were heavily modified or nerfed (or both) from the original KS promises. In particular, Lady Cassandra and The Crowd Roars are completely different cards from what they were originally shown to be. The rest are functionally the same concept, but for the most part not as good as they were originally going to be.
    I think some of them are better, to be honest. Let's compare and contrast:

New: Cassie has gained a minor socket. She no longer needs a human in play for her threshold gaining equip. She gets very big if you have royalty in play.

Old: Gains health for every card you play.

Neutral? The flavour text change is more flavourful, but less informative.

Overall, I think she comes out ahead. Being really big is great with a lot of the gems you can give her - and if you still want a bunch of life, you can now give her lifedrain with the gem! Not needing a human in play to take advantage of her fixing is also huge, and means you can run her as threshold fixing in a non human tribal deck (five colour necrotic, maybe?).

New: +2 attack.
    Play actions for free when he comes into play!
    Play actions for free when he deals damage!

Old: +1 defence.
    Gets cheaper faster!
    Play actions for free when you play actions with the same name!
    Cowl makes copies instead of actions with the same name!

Neutral? New name. I think I like the new one.
    New trait. What's a Typhonian? For that matter, the old one is Voidtouched, not Chaostouched. Is there a difference?

As I've said, I love the new Marauder. See my deck here: http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=48641
    He's super powerful. Would the older one have been better? I don't think so. Playing any action for free is, I think, more powerful than doubling or tripling down on an action you cast. New Marauder makes playing Wrath of Zakiir a snap; old one can't do that! Plus the +2 attack more than makes up for -1 defence.

New: Quick troop.
    Works on anything with Death Sentence.
    Interrupts troops.
    Can give extra things Death Sentence with equip.
    When it dies, goes back to deck with equip.

Old: +1 attack.
    Only stalks a single enemy troop.
    Casts for free, instead of cost -5, when they cast the stalkee.
    Destroys troops.
    Equip destroys all troops with that name.
    Equip puts back in hand when it dies.

A little harder to call this one! The old one was bigger, and equip returned it to hand when it died. However, the new one is Quick with or without its ability and works on anything with Death Sentence, comboing with other Death Sentence cards. New one also interrupts instead of destroying, allowing it to stop pesky comes into play effects. The new one can also slowly Death Sentence the entire enemy deck. All in all I think they're about level, but the ability of the new one to Death Sentence multiple things, comboing with other Death Sentence cards, gives it a slight edge.

Well, these two are completely different.

One is a potentially free to play card that draws you three cards (you might be able to play for free) and with equips makes one enemy unable to block every turn. The other is an action that buffs the attack of all your troops depending on how many troops have already died, potentially permanently with equip, and might also give you a Survival of the Fittest effect tacked on with equips.

Both seem very strong. Especially with equips, in an aggressive deck the new one can be a 0 cost "draw three cards, play them for free," which is pretty insane. The old one needs opposing troops to die before it can do anything, but in a late game position could easily finish the enemy off if any troops are unblocked. Simply because the old one requires a lot of enemy troops to die and for you to have a lot of troops in play to be at its best, I think I'd probably say the new one is the stronger card; but it's a bit like comparing apples and oranges.

New: Moves other Moments up in the deck.
    Works whenever your troop blocks/becomes blocked.
    Works whenever it's in the top three cards of the deck.
    Equip lets you recycle it to deck.

Old: An extra +2/+2.
    Works from anywhere in the deck, but only at a 10% chance.
    Only works if your troop is blocking/blocked by something with attack higher than your defence.
    Equip might make the buff permanent.

Hm, what to say about this? The permanent equip is a strong point in favour of the old version, as is the extra +2/+2. The old one requires a bad block for you to activate - I guess you chump block a lot and hope. With 4 in the deck, chump blocking an enemy attack with two troops gives a better than 50% chance of at least one of them working. All in all, I think that's pretty good! The newer one needs to be high up in your deck to work, and with no chance to become permanent really doesn't seem worthwhile. So you might get a free Heroic Inspiration now and then? Not really seeing the use. Point definitely goes to the old one!

New: Deal 5 to all non dragons when you transform.
    Deal 2 damage to anything for one charge.
    Gain power of Zakiir cards for using your charge power, and hitting foes with dragons.
    Gain three charges with equip.

Old: Costs 1 less.
    Can't be attacked by non flyers.
    Charge power deals 3 damage, but only to non flyers.
    Steal all artifacts with equip.

Fairly significant changes. That extra one damage and one less cost from the old one is nice, but the many power of Zakiir cards you can spawn make the new one very attractive. Being immune to non flyers is sweet, though! Stealing artifacts is niche and likely to usually be less useful than three charges; but when it is useful, it's very useful. But a 5 damage possibly one sided board wipe is nice from the new one, and it can hit flyers, too.

Playing either of them should win you the game. But I think the 5 damage to everything is often going to be useful right away, whereas the immunity to non flyers might not always save you. The power of Zakiir cards probably give the edge to the

New: Costs 5 to activate, however many cards are in it.
    Equips let you have no maximum hand size.
    Equips let you cheapen the cards.

Old: Costs X to activate it, where X is the cards in it.
    Removes threshold from the cards when you use it.
    Equips let you tailor it to Ardent or Underworld.

The biggest downside of the new one is obviously that now you need the threshold to actually play the cards, which limits the chest to a five colour deck, most likely. The new equips are both better, though. The old one also kind of limited how many cards you could add by making it X cost; on the other hand, that could let you pop open the chest immediately with only one or two cards in for cheap. All in all the stricter threshold requirements probably make the older one better.

So I am a Dungeon Crawler backer, which states that I should have received 3 copies of each of these cards, yet when I check I only appear to have 2 copies of each. Anyone else experiencing this? Should I submit a ticket?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Khardamon View Post
    So I am a Dungeon Crawler backer, which states that I should have received 3 copies of each of these cards, yet when I check I only appear to have 2 copies of each. Anyone else experiencing this? Should I submit a ticket?

Thanks!
    I am pretty sure collector gets three, not dungeon crawler.

According to the rewards page, everything above King's tier gets 3 copies.

Quote Originally Posted by Khardamon View Post
    According to the rewards page, everything above King's tier gets 3 copies.
    The backer rewards page must have gotten screwed up in the last update. The $250 tiers got 2 each, other than collector which gets 3.

Ah o.k.! Thanks for letting me know - was afraid I was missing cards.