Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Are we missing equipment from the Kickstarter cards we got today?

Np, make sure you check your equips when they come in.

Quote Originally Posted by ossuary View Post
    The thing that makes me really sad is that The Crowd Roars uses the exact same equipment slot as Flamethought Seeker, and has the exact same effect. Why even bother? You can't use both together, so there's no point having both do the same thing. Really disappointed by that. A complete waste of an exclusive card. Why did this get changed to a draw spell instead of staying as an attack buff? At least that was its own thing.
    I think you're mis-remembering the slot used for the Flamethought Seeker (or I'm misunderstanding what you're saying); it uses the weapon slot to give itself Speed, but the head slot to give the cards you draw cost 0. So using The Crowd Roar's weapon slot equipment to also be able to play its cards for free only slows down the Seeker. It doesn't keep you from using both together.
    -Stormshard

High Tomb Lord
    just having a look through these all now.

sad that wrath is how it is as i liked the non flying mechanic, happy about new art for moment and cassandra's new text.

just need to start brewing based on what equipment we currently have. looking at how things were re worded it seems like it streamlining the cards.

well time to play!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormlight View Post
    I think you're mis-remembering the slot used for the Flamethought Seeker (or I'm misunderstanding what you're saying); it uses the weapon slot to give itself Speed, but the head slot to give the cards you draw cost 0. So using The Crowd Roar's weapon slot equipment to also be able to play its cards for free only slows down the Seeker. It doesn't keep you from using both together.
    Yeah, I had mis-remembered which piece of equipment did which. So you can use both together, but the Flamethought can't have speed. Still seems a shame to make them duplicate effects instead of something actually new. Especially since you'd almost never have a scenario where The Crowd Roars would be a good card to use WITHOUT the equipment. No aggro deck can afford to spend 4 resources to then need to spend more resources to actually afford anything. So this card will be used with the equipment, or not at all.
    --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well

Quote Originally Posted by ossuary View Post
    Yeah, I had mis-remembered which piece of equipment did which. So you can use both together, but the Flamethought can't have speed. Still seems a shame to make them duplicate effects instead of something actually new. Especially since you'd almost never have a scenario where The Crowd Roars would be a good card to use WITHOUT the equipment. No aggro deck can afford to spend 4 resources to then need to spend more resources to actually afford anything. So this card will be used with the equipment, or not at all.
    Well, remember that The Crowd Roars has an innate ability to lower it's cost when your troops do damage to the opposing champion, so you won't have to pay 4 for it in an aggro deck (most likely). I can see it being quite strong in Dwarf aggro without equipment due to Warmachinist easily lowering the cost of the card by spamming artifacts (which will draw you more cards to further spam the board). But yeah, without the equip to play the cards for free, it will not be for every aggro deck, that's for sure

I'm probably on my own here but i honestly think the new roar is better than the old one and i absolutely love the trinket for it making it just "always" good.
    Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild
    Twice as nice as i seem and ten times as friendly.