Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Spectral changes

As if there wouldn't be people lined up around the block willing to do this for free for Colin considering all he has done for everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by TOOT View Post
    As if there wouldn't be people lined up around the block willing to do this for free for Colin considering all he has done for everyone else.
    I never said I would charge Colin though - offers open to everyone. Except Gwaer. He pays double for his hundreds of Oaks. (Seriously, talk about a thankless job! Way too many. )
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

Well, I think most things have been said. I largely agree with bootlace, I think the squirrel was over nerfed and will seriously make cracking them a problem, I think there definitely needs to be a special price floor on them. Be it all the way down to 1p. 5 might do as well. The saving grace is that they are pve cards and theoretically can change if they're deemed much too weak. Though on the other hand this particular card probably shouldn't change again.

I think ultimately since they had to do a reimagining of the card anyway they should have changed it further. Made it more unique and perhaps niche rather than just bad. Who knows. Squirrel may not end up as bad as it looks, but if the fact that it is a Cantrip is its most powerful feature then there is a major design issue with the card.

The equipment is an issue as well. I imagine it will drop and won't be ks exclusive? Exclusive equipment just won't work for a card that you're making attainable for everyone.

Though I paid for over *redacted* lotus gardens. I'll be honest many of those players are gone. The name of the card has substantially changed. It has been years, 2 people I know of have actually really and truly died... A lot has happened I'm curious to see how many I end up with. Also, bad news. I literally never sell anything in the auction house... So I'll be giving away a lot of these should any reasonable percentage of them end up in my care.

Luckily nicosharp is still around. He owes me a lotus garden as the snipe father. I wear many hats around here.
    Last edited by Gwaer; 04-09-2016 at 11:13 PM.
    ----
    http://i.imgur.com/I1MZpF8.png
    HexEnt is too long to type, They're HXE now.
    I am currently trading my unused GK code for a new Tesla Model S P85D
    Feel free to contact me for where you can have it shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwaer View Post
    Well, I think most things have been said. I largely agree with bootlace, I think the squirrel was over nerfed and will seriously make cracking them a problem, I think there definitely needs to be a special price floor on them. Be it all the way down to 1p. 5 might do as well. The saving grace is that they are pve cards and theoretically can change if they're deemed much too weak. Though on the other hand this particular card probably shouldn't change again.

I think ultimately since they had to do a reimagining of the card anyway they should have changed it further. Made it more unique and perhaps niche rather than just bad. Who knows. Squirrel may not end up as bad as it looks, but if the fact that it is a Cantrip is its most powerful feature then there is a major design issue with the card.

The equipment is an issue as well. I imagine it will drop and won't be ks exclusive? Exclusive equipment just won't work for a card that you're making attainable for everyone.

Though I paid for over *redacted* lotus gardens. I'll be honest many of those players are gone. The name of the card has substantially changed. It has been years, 2 people I know of have actually really and truly died... A lot has happened I'm curious to see how many I end up with. Also, bad news. I literally never sell anything in the auction house... So I'll be giving away a lot of these should any reasonable percentage of them end up in my care.

Luckily nicosharp is still around. He owes me a lotus garden as the snipe father. I wear many hats around here.
    Yeah, it's a weird thing to complain about; I feel I got more than enough value for my tiers, but I actually bought most of them for the Lotus Gardens and they are the most useless part of the KS rewards now. I had a lot of fun thinking about how many packs I could buy a month with lotus sales, anywhere from 10p to 25p per lotus; I unfortunately agree with your assertion that 1p to 5p floor is what is needed.

It's just not nearly as interesting or exciting as a card anymore, and it stinks to read their original description that hints at it being a plat/gold generator which is what sold me on so much of Hex. Again though, I don't regret making the tier purchases. Just bummed about the card I've been dreaming about for 3 years has turned out to be a bit rubbish and we still haven't heard bumpkiss about the nerf.

I disagree with thinking the Lotus Gardens are useless now.

I'm surprised that so many people bought into the tiers specifically to SELL the Lotus. I was always interested in USING the Lotus. A steady daily supply of Black Lotus cards would be killer for MTGO yet the acorn is even better than it. Granted, we won't be making fortunes selling a card similar to one worth thousands of dollars yet I can live with that. I was never planning on selling them anyway.

This is MY spectral oak. And these are MY acorns. Get your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantetsuken View Post
    I disagree with thinking the Lotus Gardens are useless now.

I'm surprised that so many people bought into the tiers specifically to SELL the Lotus. I was always interested in USING the Lotus. A steady daily supply of Black Lotus cards would be killer for MTGO yet the acorn is even better than it. Granted, we won't be making fortunes selling a card similar to one worth thousands of dollars yet I can live with that. I was never planning on selling them anyway.

This is MY spectral oak. And these are MY acorns. Get your own.
    lol. How do you think people will get their own? by buying them.

I think the acorns would be cheap too having gone from awesome to awful. I guess it couldn't be helped. I also noticed that the oak did not have the ability to recombine the squirrels back to acorns anymore. Its probably a moot point now though with the acorn being so bad. Hopefully when crafting is in we would be able to break the squirrel down.

I think the acorn would only be used in raid or some high stake dungeon against the final boss. To increase its useability, i suggest that while it will still irrevocably change into a squirrel when used, it would also try to replace itself with another acorn in your collection if you have spares after the battle. This way people will be more willing to pop it for those long dungeons.

Yeah I am definitely bummed, I won't deny that a good half of the reason I backed the KS was for the lotus and to give them out to all my friends while selling the others once each of my friends had got 1-2 to try out.

The fact that it is now quite possible the most devalued KS reward (when it should have been the highest) is just irony at this point.
    IGN: Wolfwood
    Poor lost souls, may you be reborn again anew!

Devoted Emissary
    Not kidding that this was THE reason to back multiple King tiers. Sad that the nerf bat hit it so hard. Would love to hear why it has to be a legendary when the value is so much poorer now.
    King + Raid Leader.
    I still play Decipher's LotR daily @ http://gempukku.com/gemp-lotr/

Also backed an extra King tier specifically for the Spectral Lotus.