Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Spectral changes

Quote Originally Posted by katkillad View Post
    Also backed an extra King tier specifically for the Spectral Lotus.
    If it is ok with you, I would take that king tier code for 200% of its original price (500$).
    You don't have to be disappointed

Oh then Dungeon Crawler etc. was Grand King?

Master Theorycrafter
    Dropping the Acorn from Legendary to something like Uncommon might not fit the design intentions of CZE for that card (e.g. shard grids). Don't know how / if they would 'fix' the price floor issue we would end up with on the AH...

As this indeed was a big selling point during the kickstarter, I hope they end up tweaking it someday to find the right balance between them being popped and the actual production, so it can live up at least a little bit to that kickstarter dream. In the light of the Dream deck nerf, where people were saying tuning down is the way to go, I think on this card, tuning it 'up' seems more suitable.

In the current state of the game, given the current player base and the Acorn as it's described now, I'm also not expecting too much from my oak in terms of value being generated... My main hope is that, once we get the functioning Oaks into our collection, they will provide us with some insight into their vision of the Oak.

Quote Originally Posted by nickon View Post
    [...]My main hope is that, once we get the functioning Oaks into our collection, they will provide us with some insight into their vision of the Oak.
    The lack of any communication about the Oak is what's really grinding my gear.
    I'm basically trying to not think about the whole issue because I can't change it and I love the game way too much, but I'm still REALLY salty about how the whole issue was (and is!) handled.

One thing that would help incentivize people to crack the acorns is if there were true chase cards in the "free portion" of PvE. Right now, the only chase PvE cards are things that you get from spinning chests. Everything you get in Arena/Campaign on the other hand is nearly worthless (with a few cards fetching upwards of 300+ plat). Why crack acorns to win rewards that aren't worth much, especially since the encounters are easy to access and easy to beat? However, if HXE is able to create truly valuable rewards in the f2p section of PvE, you'd see more acorn usage I would imagine.

For instance, if there were more rare encounters such as Uruunaz where the only way to obtain certain rewards is to kill that particular boss which shows up infrequently, people would crack those acorns during those encounters because doing so would be worth it.

Perhaps we'll see more of that in the future adventure zones, which would help make these valuable to the people who hoped to make money from them.

I'll be buying at least 1 lotus so I can spit out 4 a day. My two tiers backed only net me 3 of them.
    ---------

Id like to apologize for the above statement. I commented in a very juvenile and offensive way that rightfully angered some posters. I regret it and sincerely apologize.

----------

Pro + Grand King Backer. My Trade/Sell List. You can also browse my collection. Technically everything is for sale for a price.

Quote Originally Posted by Koz View Post
    For instance, if there were more rare encounters such as Uruunaz where the only way to obtain certain rewards is to kill that particular boss which shows up infrequently, people would crack those acorns during those encounters because doing so would be worth it.
    I don't think that would work because if we want frequent Acorn consumption it needs to be somewhere that is frequently accessible.

Quote Originally Posted by Koz View Post
    One thing that would help incentivize people to crack the acorns is if there were true chase cards in the "free portion" of PvE.
    Yea, it doesn't even need to be cards. Mercenaries, Keep customizations, game boards, Sleeves, *cough* phantom gauntlet tickets *cough* tied to a super low chance would have people playing well beyond the initial release. Make a hard version with a multiplier on those rare loots. Have another multiplier if you finish with 0 deaths in the dungeon (then you're really starting to incentivize nut busting).

Quote Originally Posted by Fateanomaly View Post
    I think the acorns would be cheap too having gone from awesome to awful.
    "Awful"? Seriously!? It's still a cantripping Black Lotus but better. How is that awful? All the nerf did was change the Tiger/Squirrel from drawing a card into instead making a random Rare or Legendary that you meet the threshold requirements to play. That's going to be better in a lot of cases! And personally, I think it's a lot more fun!

Seriously, you think that it's gone from awesome to awful simply because of the two free cards it draws you one of them will now be a random rare/legendary (including PvE rare/legendary, possibly AI only!) and one of them from your deck instead of both of them being from your deck? That's ridiculous. Do you also think Ancestral Recall is a bad card because it only draws three instead of four?