Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Spectral changes

Quote Originally Posted by Yoss View Post
    Didn't they also nerf the stats? Isn't it now 2/1 instead of 3/1 on the troop?
    If you go to 'show all cards', sort by quantity in the client, you can see the squirrel, and it is a 3/1.

Quote Originally Posted by plaguedealer View Post
    The lack of squirrel combination was talked about by other forum posters, obviously I have no concrete info. I am interested what card do you think is stronger then acorn?
    Slaughtergear Replicator for starters. Again, the acorn would be the strongest card in the game if it didn't transform. But it transforms. That reduces the strength of it as a card. A lot. My point was, if you're making Power Nine comparisons, there are a lot of cards in Hex that beat the Power Nine. Saying it is more powerful than the Nine doesn't say a lot in this game IMO.

Wasn't trying to be a jerk on the squirrel conversion - didn't know if I missed something or not.

EDIT: I should note too that I've been infatuated with this card from the start - I know a lot of other people in the community also felt or feel that way - so out of all the threads, anything lotus/acorn related has me keenly interested. More so than anything else in the game. Just trying to explain why I keep on coming back to it.
    Last edited by fido_one; 04-11-2016 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fido_one View Post
    Slaughtergear Replicator for starters. Again, the acorn would be the strongest card in the game if it didn't transform. But it transforms. That reduces the strength of it as a card. A lot. My point was, if you're making Power Nine comparisons, there are a lot of cards in Hex that beat the Power Nine. Saying it is more powerful than the Nine doesn't say a lot in this game IMO.

Wasn't trying to be a jerk on the squirrel conversion - didn't know if I missed something or not.

EDIT: I should note too that I've been infatuated with this card from the start - I know a lot of other people in the community also felt or feel that way - so out of all the threads, anything lotus/acorn related has me keenly interested. More so than anything else in the game. Just trying to explain why I keep on coming back to it.
    I am fine trying to take a break at work. I think the acorn is stronger then replicator because I dont take the destroying process into account. The spectral lotus was destroyed, and I dont think it was stronger then replicator because of the tiger.

Let me ask it this way, how much do you think a oak will cost in the ah (on average)? I am guessing more the 4 replicators.
    Last edited by plaguedealer; 04-11-2016 at 01:32 PM.

Considering the card the Oak makes is near worthless, I would value it at about 3.5k.

Worthless might not be the right word, but in the long term I expect the acorns to be worth a few hundred gold.

I am fine trying to take abreak at work. I think the acorn is stronger the replicator because I dont take the destroying process into account. The spectral lotus was destroyed, and I dont think it was stronger then replicator because of the tiger.

Let me ask it this way, how much do you think a oak will cost in the ah (on average)? I am guessing more the 4 replicators.
    Yeah, but talking about the oak is different than the acorns. I'll concur and say the Oak is the most powerful card in Hex. But I'm interested only in what it generates, not in selling the oak itself.

For personal play, I'm generating a play-set a day, and I don't hit PvE nearly as much as I do PvP (that has been a surprise, especially considering I suck at PvP). So what it changes into means a lot to me as I believe what it changes into directly equates to the value the acorn sells on the AH. If I didn't have the oaks and was buying acorns from the AH, I would quite squarely have the value of the card it turns into in my head when the mouse hovers over the card to pop it. If I think I can get 10p on the card it turns into, popping that 15p acorn becomes 'do I want to spend 5p for 3 resources right now?' as opposed to if that generated card was worth 1p, where I would be asking 'do I want to spend 14p for 3 resources right now?' Answer is yes on the first and no on the second.

...and then you add that we could very well be talking about the scenario of 'do I want to spend 49 or 99p for 3 resources right now?' and it gets a bit ridiculous. Given what looks like to be a forced gold exchange, I lose almost all interest of selling them, I'd rather make gold via uncommons, and I rather would not trade in gold at all as I like earning it myself via the PvE experience.

Quote Originally Posted by katkillad View Post
    Considering the card the Oak makes is near worthless, I would value it at about 3.5k.

Worthless might not be the right word, but in the long term I expect the acorns to be worth a few hundred gold.
    Just lol. Anyone that wants to sell their Oak's for 3500 plat just let me know. I will take them all.

I am fine trying to take abreak at work. I think the acorn is stronger the replicator because I dont take the destroying process into account. The spectral lotus was destroyed, and I dont think it was stronger then replicator because of the tiger.
    You need to take the destroying into account though:
    Consider an 20 encounter dungeon. If you pop an acorn against the 10th encounter you have a squirrel littering your deck for the rest of the run so there are 10 more fights with an horrible card in your deck that you'd never want to draw. The tiger wasn't a great card, don't get me wrong, but it was a 3/1 cantrip for 3 and that's playable while a 3/1 "get a random card you probably don't need for the deck you play" is not.
    This has been discussed in endless pages already so there really is no point in starting it all again.
    My gripe here is not necessarily the tiger -> squirrel nerf itself but the simple fact that it was done without any apparent reason and a "ya we'll never talk about why we did this" tag attached next to it.

Quote Originally Posted by From the Kickstarter rewards page
    The Spectral Garden is the pinnacle of HEX card collection, plain and simple. We spent a lot of time making sure the total package for this would be perfect, because we knew we wanted a seriously awesome reward for the true TCG fans that are going to kickstart us at this tier.
    So yes, the acorn itself still is great, no questions asked, but it's worse than it was when it was still called Spectral Lotus and while the name/art obviously had to go because of Hasbro there was no apparent reason why they had to nerf it as well. When they first announced those changes Colin came in and "announced" an article explaining why they changed the card the way they did but it never came to be.

I hear what you are getting at Fido. If I did not have oaks, I would not buy acorns in the ah except for raids. Even then I am not sure what I would pay, it definitely wouldnt be alot. Maybe the simple answer is to nix the squirrel.
    Last edited by plaguedealer; 04-11-2016 at 01:47 PM.

Oh geez I am so tired of reading this whiny post. Some people
    Need to get over this and I have 4 or 5 of these Oak's coming and I can't wait.

Firstly people moaning about he value of the KS. You got an ABSOLUTE TON OF STUFF. Way more value that the cost of the tier.
    Secondly they need to be destructible so as to keep demand on the market.
    Thirdly I like the squirrels effect. I think if I had to choose I would have preferred the tiger but I still like the cool effect of the squirrels and if you don't think with luck you couldn't be in an EVEN better place with the card squirrels proc then I am confused as to if we are playing the same game. It gives you a free card which in itself is card draw and it will be a rare or legendary that is FAR more likely to be beneficial than not and heck a lot of fun to play.
    Lastly, in regards to the reason why there is no reply, Hex Ent clearly stated after the changes that they would not be discussed as it is because of the Lawsuit issue.

Just let it go. Like I said if you think they are worthless I will buy them as would MANY other players.

Quote Originally Posted by Antfunk View Post
    Oh geez I am so tired of reading this whiny post. Some people
    Need to get over this and I have 4 or 5 of these Oak's coming and I can't wait.

Firstly people moaning about he value of the KS. You got an ABSOLUTE TON OF STUFF. Way more value that the cost of the tier.
    Secondly they need to be destructible so as to keep demand on the market.
    Thirdly I like the squirrels effect. I think if I had to choose I would have preferred the tiger but I still like the cool effect of the squirrels and if you don't think with luck you couldn't be in an EVEN better place with the card squirrels proc then I am confused as to if we are playing the same game. It gives you a free card which in itself is card draw and it will be a rare or legendary that is FAR more likely to be beneficial than not and heck a lot of fun to play.
    Lastly, in regards to the reason why there is no reply, Hex Ent clearly stated after the changes that they would not be discussed as it is because of the Lawsuit issue.

Just let it go. Like I said if you think they are worthless I will buy them as would MANY other players.
    Antfunk, you're missing the picture here mate, as khaz and other posters have pointed out throughout the thread, the nerf itself isn't what people are really complaining about. If it had to be nerfed, it had to be nerfed, like I said, I got tons of value out of the tiers, but I still bought them for the oaks. People are salty as there was a change on the card they stood on to sell most of the higher end tiers and zero communication on that change once it happened. People are NOT complaining that their tiers have been rendered useless and it further muddies the water to imply that is what people are complaining about.

Any complaint (beyond debate on mechanics or why the issue is relevant) can be boiled down in these quotes here:

Quote Originally Posted by Khazrakh View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by From the Kickstarter rewards page View Post
    The Spectral Garden is the pinnacle of HEX card collection, plain and simple. We spent a lot of time making sure the total package for this would be perfect, because we knew we wanted a seriously awesome reward for the true TCG fans that are going to kickstart us at this tier.

[I am adding this KS quote as it is what convinced me] Once our Kickstarter campaign ends, there will never, ever, EVER be another way to get a Spectral Lotus. Period. Except, of course, for the Auction House. Wouldn’t it be nice to be the guy who decided to buy in and is now generating passive income until the end of time—incidentally giving you ridiculous bragging rights over all of your friends who didn’t kickstart for a Lotus Garden? There’s always going to be demand for these, because there are very few Lotus Gardens.

So yes, the acorn itself still is great, no questions asked, but it's worse than it was when it was still called Spectral Lotus and while the name/art obviously had to go because of Hasbro there was no apparent reason why they had to nerf it as well. When they first announced those changes Colin came in and "announced" an article explaining why they changed the card the way they did but it never came to be.
    EDIT: HexEnt can discuss the mechanic changes, this has been confirmed by Colin and Cory mentioned the nerf in the 2turns broadcast. They can't discuss why they changed the name and art. No one is complaining about that.
    Last edited by fido_one; 04-11-2016 at 02:04 PM.