Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Spectral changes

Quote Originally Posted by Antfunk View Post
    Firstly people moaning about he value of the KS. You got an ABSOLUTE TON OF STUFF. Way more value that the cost of the tier.
    It's not about the value. It's about being sold something for $120+ and having a key component changed in a negative way.

one of the main complaints I see over and over again is why Hex Ent are commenting. They clearly stated when the changes were made that they wouldn't and asked us to respect that due to the Lawsuit. For all we know part of the lawsuit could have been Hasbro deciding what the changes to Spectral lotus would be and they are not allowed to release that info.

Quote Originally Posted by katkillad View Post
    It's not about the value. It's about being sold something for $120+ and having a key component changed in a negative way.
    They Had No Choice!

one of the main complaints I see over and over again is why Hex Ent are commenting. They clearly stated when the changes were made that they wouldn't and asked us to respect that due to the Lawsuit. For all we know part of the lawsuit could have been Hasbro deciding what the changes to Spectral lotus would be and they are not allowed to release that info.
    Again, no. You're simply wrong there. It's been pointed out multiple times that Colin had to come in and say they were authoring an article. Cory has mentioned the nerf himself, so there is no legal stuff preventing HexEnt from explaining mechanic changes which is where the gripe is. You're getting upset about arguments that are not being made.

What they can not talk about is the change in art and the name change. They can talk about why they changed the mechanics of the card.

They Had No Choice!
    It was soon figured out that they did have a choice actually. Which is why we had Colin telling us they were going to explain why they decided to change it.

You're not getting the point Antfunk but that's what happened in the initial thread as well sadly

I agree that ALL KS tiers had an amazing value and I don't think anybody actually thinks it would be a good idea to not have them destroy themselves once you use them because then there wouldn't be any reason to have the Lotus Garden in the first place and they could have just given out the acorns instead.

Now the squirrel effect is a completely other story. Yes the card effect is more fun (at least if you like random stuff generation) and it also is somewhat more flavorful than the tiger was. But - and that's the problem - fun effects and flavor are not what's making a card valuable - power is. And if you only look at the powerlevel, the squirrel is way worse than the tiger. You probably won't play the acorns in some janky fun deck because with those decks you neither try to tackle the (hardmode) endgame content nor do you care much if you lose. You play the acorn in highly focused endgame decks that resolve around certain winning conditions that you try to get up and running. In those decks a card from your deck will be better than any random rare/legendary from the pool 99% of the times. So no, it's not far more likely to be beneficial, most of the time it's just a card that doesn't fit your deck, is not on curve and just has a random effect you don't care for. I'm really dazzled how this even has to be discussed but who knows, maybe we are playing different games after all?

Again, considering the lawsuit, it's obvious why they can't and won't talk about the changing of the cards art and name but I somewhat doubt Hasbro added "oh and that tiger card - you can't have it be a 3/1 cantrip, if you have it generate a random card we are fine though". The card was sold as the pinnacle of HEX card collection and just nerfing it without giving any reason just feels utterly wrong to me. That's why I won't "let it go". Most other games I would have just cashed out and moved on. I love Hex and HXE way too much to ever do that and like I said some pages ago that's why I try to just not think about it, but I still think the way they handled this issue is horrible.

Khazrakh what if they did away with the squirrel altogether? I wouldnt mind that change personally.

Quote Originally Posted by plaguedealer View Post
    Khazrakh what if they did away with the squirrel altogether? I wouldnt mind that change personally.
    What do you do with the 59 card deck then?

Quote Originally Posted by Khazrakh View Post
    You're not getting the point Antfunk but that's what happened in the initial thread as well sadly

I agree that ALL KS tiers had an amazing value and I don't think anybody actually thinks it would be a good idea to not have them destroy themselves once you use them because then there wouldn't be any reason to have the Lotus Garden in the first place and they could have just given out the acorns instead.

Now the squirrel effect is a completely other story. Yes the card effect is more fun (at least if you like random stuff generation) and it also is somewhat more flavorful than the tiger was. But - and that's the problem - fun effects and flavor are not what's making a card valuable - power is. And if you only look at the powerlevel, the squirrel is way worse than the tiger. You probably won't play the acorns in some janky fun deck because with those decks you neither try to tackle the (hardmode) endgame content nor do you care much if you lose. You play the acorn in highly focused endgame decks that resolve around certain winning conditions that you try to get up and running. In those decks a card from your deck will be better than any random rare/legendary from the pool 99% of the times. So no, it's not far more likely to be beneficial, most of the time it's just a card that doesn't fit your deck, is not on curve and just has a random effect you don't care for. I'm really dazzled how this even has to be discussed but who knows, maybe we are playing different games after all?

Again, considering the lawsuit, it's obvious why they can't and won't talk about the changing of the cards art and name but I somewhat doubt Hasbro added "oh and that tiger card - you can't have it be a 3/1 cantrip, if you have it generate a random card we are fine though". The card was sold as the pinnacle of HEX card collection and just nerfing it without giving any reason just feels utterly wrong to me. That's why I won't "let it go". Most other games I would have just cashed out and moved on. I love Hex and HXE way too much to ever do that and like I said some pages ago that's why I try to just not think about it, but I still think the way they handled this issue is horrible.
    This nails it.

I said this before, but it got lost in the drama... Beyond HexEnt saying it was the 'pinnacle' card of the game they clearly stated it was going to generate revenue for anyone who got a hold of one. I'm fine with that no longer being the case, but not having an explanation on the pinnacle card mechanic being changed so much is why people are upset. Again, I'm not asking for an answer now as they are releasing set 4 and going to Steam, but it's been over four months since they announced the change and we've heard nothing. It aligns with all the major complaints against HexEnt; poor communication and timing on sensitive parts of the game.

Without squirrel i guess you keep going on your dungeon run or get a zero cost card that says draw a card.