Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Spectral changes

Quote Originally Posted by plaguedealer View Post
    Khazrakh what if they did away with the squirrel altogether? I wouldnt mind that change personally.
    Me neither, it could even change into the squirrel but without being added to your deck for the rest of the dungeon run. That would actually make the acorn way stronger than before - and still way better than when it created the tiger.

Quote Originally Posted by plaguedealer View Post
    Khazrakh what if they did away with the squirrel altogether? I wouldnt mind that change personally.
    As x78089 pointed out it would break the mechanic of the card in general (and if we just got acorns that didn't go bye-bye and left the oak out of the picture as well, even I think we'd have a too-powerful card on our hands) I think a lot of this is us fumbling around in the dark due to the radio silence on the matter from HexEnt.

It stinks as I still LOVE the card and I REALLY want to talk about it but it invariably devolves into 'why do people care if it was nerfed?'; I also hate taking shots at HexEnt for their communication as they are a friggin' awesome company, but the alternative is to pretend the card never existed at all, which I'm sure HexEnt wishes most of the time.

EDIT: We coined a phrase for this in another thread, we are 'filking', a.k.a. reverting to whiny douchebags when discussing the game on the community forums, even though we promote and love the game everywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by fido_one View Post
    As x78089 pointed out it would break the mechanic of the card in general (and if we just got acorns that didn't go bye-bye and left the oak out of the picture as well, even I think we'd have a too-powerful card on our hands) I think a lot of this is us fumbling around in the dark due to the radio silence on the matter from HexEnt.

It stinks as I still LOVE the card and I REALLY want to talk about it but it invariably devolves into 'why do people care if it was nerfed?'; I also hate taking shots at HexEnt for their communication as they are a friggin' awesome company, but the alternative is to pretend the card never existed at all, which I'm sure HexEnt wishes most of the time.
    Your right it would be too strong, eh, I still love the acorn. Having a 59 card deck would be strong I guess, but I dont know if it is stronger then tiger. Who cares anyway wishful thinking.

I agree hex needs to up their communication big time.

I don't know how you get there considering the more apt comparison is the blacker lotus and you can't use the acorn in PvP. The amount of cards that beat the snot out of the Power Nine when you add PvE into the mix is crazy. The acorn is one of many, and honestly, lower than most of them on the list.
    You are right that the Blacker Lotus is not often talked about power wise in mtg and that neither it or the acorn can be used in pvp. However, mtg does not have pve like Hex does and I feel is hugely important factor to consider.

I never expected the lotus/acorn to sell for than 10p-20p each so I still feel I am getting what I expected from this investment as this seems like a fair enough price to me even with the nerfs to the tiger/squirrel.

I am still hoping I will be able to convert 4 squirrels into an acorn though, I hope they did not abandon this functionality. On the other hand if this function is preventing them from releasing it I would rather they release it to us now and just let us know that they are still working on this and it will be available in the future.

We have absolutely no idea what happened in the law suit and never will. For all a we know when Colin came in and said there would bean article their could have been further developments blocking them from doing so. I am sure HASBRO are Lee p an eye on the game and it's forums. Also back to my point you keep making out hey are worthless which they are not. If you think so then like I said feel free to sell them, there wil
    Be far more that don't share your view than do so. How much would you like to sell for?

Quote Originally Posted by Antfunk View Post
    We have absolutely no idea what happened in the law suit and never will. For all a we know when Colin came in and said there would bean article their could have been further developments blocking them from doing so. I am sure HASBRO are Lee p an eye on the game and it's forums. Also back to my point you keep making out hey are worthless which they are not. If you think so then like I said feel free to sell them, there wil
    Be far more that don't share your view than do so. How much would you like to sell for?
    Wow. This is just wrong. Cory mentioned the nerf in an interview on 2turns. Colin reiterated in another thread that they can and had been writing an article about it after that interview which was, err, less than a month ago. That was in response of 'maybe Colin was wrong and they can't talk about mechanics.'

And again: the value isn't really being argued here, the value change is being used as a point of why communicating on the issue was and is important. That has been spelled out to you specifically like four times.

Was it ever stated how Acorns work with Merc decks?

Could you load 16 acorns, 4 into your main deck and 4 in each of the 3 mercenaries you can bring along with you? If you pop one somewhere does that transform in your other decks that had 4 acorns?

I wonder if CZE even knows at this point

Quote Originally Posted by TOOT View Post
    Was it ever stated how Acorns work with Merc decks?

Could you load 16 acorns, 4 into your main deck and 4 in each of the 3 mercenaries you can bring along with you? If you pop one somewhere does that transform in your other decks that had 4 acorns?

I wonder if CZE even knows at this point
    Someone else mentioned this, it's a great question, but no, it wasn't mentioned so all we have is speculation.

And again: the value isn't really being argued here, the value change is being used as a point of why communicating on the issue was and is important. That has been spelled out to you specifically like four times.
    Wow. This is wrong. There has clearly been lots of complaining about through this post about it being practically worthless now. I believe it was priced at 3500 plat lol.

I was not aware that Cory had stated there was going to be an article on it on 2 turns ahead as I don't follow that. Fair enough. But really, is 15 pages necessary complaining about this. I feel really sorry for Hex Ent sometimes they gave so much, they continue to give so much and I just see people out with their pitch forks over this.