Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 182

Thread: Spectral changes

  1. #171
    The Transcended
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    7,860
    Quote Originally Posted by Fateanomaly View Post
    i prefer it to use my oldest cards instead so my decks can share the same 4 cards.
    +1

    Except that Acorns are going to break this rule to pieces. No wonder they haven't finished implementation of them yet.

  2. #172
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoss View Post

    Except that Acorns are going to break this rule to pieces. No wonder they haven't finished implementation of them yet.
    You know... I imagine this might be why we haven't had the article that Colin promised that a developer was working on about the mechanical changes in the card. They are still tinkering with the card and it would be really silly to release an article justifying the changes and then have to change the card again for some reason or another.

    With the tirade going on in another thread about how the developers policy seems to be now to only give concrete information, this might explain why we haven't gotten the explanation.

  3. #173
    Another nerf to the Oak might break these forums. I mean, honestly, they can't completely castrate the one card that they advertised as the 'pinnacle of your collection'. Objectively, I think that because CZE implicitly marketed the Oaks as an item that would generate value for the owner, it would be really unfair (almost disingenuous) to completely destroy the value of Acorns after getting the KS money from the backers. This is just how I feel. Trust between players and HexEnt is paramount, and you don't want to violate that. Least of all with your most loyal players. This is once again a matter of principle to me. You can't promise something and not deliver.

    That said, even if they removed Oaks from the game, I would still gladly continue playing HEX.

    EDIT -> I just got an idea, which might be really stupid, because I don't really think these through too much. How about if there was a special way in client to transform the generated card (Squirrel), and only that card, into platinum? Let's say... 1 - 5 plat. Squirrel would have a special button in Card Manager for that. You would have had to use the Acorn as well, so everyone wins, no? Wouldn't that solve the problem?
    Last edited by Ertzi; 04-12-2016 at 10:45 PM. Reason: An Idea Came to Me

  4. #174
    Gigantisaur
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Cerulea, Carloth
    Posts
    1,417
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertzi View Post
    Another nerf to the Oak might break these forums. I mean, honestly, they can't completely castrate the one card that they advertised as the 'pinnacle of your collection'. Objectively, I think that because CZE implicitly marketed the Oaks as an item that would generate value for the owner, it would be really unfair (almost disingenuous) to completely destroy the value of Acorns after getting the KS money from the backers. This is just how I feel. Trust between players and HexEnt is paramount, and you don't want to violate that. Least of all with your most loyal players. This is once again a matter of principle to me. You can't promise something and not deliver.

    That said, even if they removed Oaks from the game, I would still gladly continue playing HEX.

    EDIT -> I just got an idea, which might be really stupid, because I don't really think these through too much. How about if there was a special way in client to transform the generated card (Squirrel), and only that card, into platinum? Let's say... 1 - 5 plat. Squirrel would have a special button in Card Manager for that. You would have had to use the Acorn as well, so everyone wins, no? Wouldn't that solve the problem?
    If 10k gardens generate 10k acorns per day that can be cracked for squirrels and sold for 1p each that's 10000 free plat entering the system every day or another way $3k worth of plat per month per 1 plat the squirrel converts at. I think its better just to let the acorns sell for gold I am sure they will sell well beyond the 1plat equivalent in gold. If you ramp up the cash-in value of squirrel you just pull more free plat into the system. Overall its a bad idea, the economy / AH will find the equilibrium on the acorn price albeit likely in gold.
    Buying Gold 120 gold per platinum details Here

    IGN ALCHEMY KICKSTARTER BACKER MEMBER OF THE UNNAMED COUNCIL

  5. #175
    Master of Gifs
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Zophiria
    Posts
    2,728
    I agree with gwaer

  6. #176
    Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    If 10k gardens generate 10k acorns per day that can be cracked for squirrels and sold for 1p each that's 10000 free plat entering the system every day or another way $3k worth of plat per month per 1 plat the squirrel converts at. I think its better just to let the acorns sell for gold I am sure they will sell well beyond the 1plat equivalent in gold. If you ramp up the cash-in value of squirrel you just pull more free plat into the system. Overall its a bad idea, the economy / AH will find the equilibrium on the acorn price albeit likely in gold.
    But you couldn't straight-up bust a nut for plat. You would actually have to play with some Acorns in your deck, draw them, use them in a match, and only then could those Squirrels be sold. So this wouldn't directly generate plat in a continuous stream. I was trying to think about that as well. Do you think that there would still be too many squirrels around? Wouldn't the time consumed by actually having to play the PvE restrict the free plat? I dunno, I am no economist. It was just a thought. Probably moronic as I said. I will shut up now.

  7. #177
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertzi View Post
    But you couldn't straight-up bust a nut for plat. You would actually have to play with some Acorns in your deck, draw them, use them in a match, and only then could those Squirrels be sold. So this wouldn't directly generate plat in a continuous stream. I was trying to think about that as well. Do you think that there would still be too many squirrels around? Wouldn't the time consumed by actually having to play the PvE restrict the free plat? I dunno, I am no economist. It was just a thought. Probably moronic as I said. I will shut up now.
    Just have a look at the squirrel. It is an uncommon. Acorn is legendary. There will be a time where you can sell or reduce them to crafting components. There is your value.
    And before this, there will for sure as hell be a market for acorns. Especially if HEX starts to be a huge commercial success with a million active players and rising. Then your oak can in 20 years pay for your pension

  8. #178
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixlooter View Post
    Especially if HEX starts to be a huge commercial success with a million active players and rising. Then your oak can in 20 years pay for your pension
    That would be pretty epic value for Oak.

  9. #179
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertzi View Post
    That would be pretty epic value for Oak.
    You're welcome.
    Let's all work toward a more than epic success of this game

    PS: It still sucks like hell that Set 4 isn't out yet. I even started to rewatch Eastbound and Down again. CZE should consider creating a Kenny Powers card. Has to be MF-awesome! :P
    Last edited by Sixlooter; 04-13-2016 at 05:18 AM.

  10. #180
    So when are we getting the Power of Ruby tree?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •