Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 182

Thread: Spectral changes

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Antfunk View Post
    I just woke up so maybe I missed this but I am surprised nobody mentioned that most high tiers apart from collectors get double Spectral Oak's now.
    Can you explain to me where you got this from? I still see only 2 Oaks max at the backer reward levels. Hasn't that always been the case? Where does it read that the Oaks are now doubled?

  2. #32
    It used to be one. GK was 2 I think.

  3. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Antfunk View Post
    It used to be one. GK was 2 I think.
    Oh, okay. I just remembered wrong then. Cheers.

  4. #34
    I am going to assume thats a typo, otherwise kings are getting shafted badly.

    On the offchance it isn't, the permanent bonuses from the higher tiers are worth a ridiculous amount already, so them getting additional Oaks increases their value even further, while significantly hurting the value king gets. Handing out several thousand extra oaks devalues the one significant perk King gets by a lot, so either it has to be equal across the tiers with the handouts, or it should stay the same as it was.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

  5. #35
    But wasn't the tiers above King more expensive so it can be justified that way? Personally I think it is a nice way to get more spectral Acorns out to the player base .

  6. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Antfunk View Post
    But wasn't the tiers above King more expensive so it can be justified that way? Personally I think it is a nice way to get more spectral Acorns out to the player base .
    The cost bump was largely for the lifetime perks, which are already worth many oaks (seriously, collector AA's alone probably cover several oaks already by now.) All this does is hurt king for the sake of giving the high tiers even more value, which they really don't need.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

  7. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenavire View Post
    All this does is hurt king for the sake of giving the high tiers even more value, which they really don't need.
    ok why not give who have none 1 give king 2 and give above 3.

    its not fair that king + have oaks why should lower tiers not get them all it dose is giving the high tiers even more value, which they really don't need

    your argument can be turned around against you to.

    you just sound greedy to me.

  8. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by bofedy View Post
    ok why not give who have none 1 give king 2 and give above 3.

    its not fair that king + have oaks why should lower tiers not get them all it dose is giving the high tiers even more value, which they really don't need

    your argument can be turned around against you to.

    you just sound greedy to me.
    I am usually the last person to make this kind of argument bofedy, but buying King was a significant cost to me and I bought it with the understanding that I would slowly pay off the cost by selling excess Lotuses. Now the Gardens etc have been changed, which potentially hurts the value, and you are telling me that the exclusive perk that made king worth the cost increase over other tiers is now potentially taking another hit to value?

    The lower tiers explicitly didn't get Gardens/Oaks, and their value was fine for the cost. King was a fairly hefty cost, and had one specific perk. Higher than King had much better perks. This isn't like when the drafts for a year got extended, because that only affected those tiers. This is something that very clearly would affect the value of a tier that has already been payed for, in a very negative way, in order to give other tiers (that were already amazing) a significant increase in value.

    Can you not see why that is very, very wrong? It's very similar to saying that Dungeon Crawler, Pro, Guild Leader and Raid Leader should all get 1x of every collector AA for life. And you better believe people would be upset about that.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

  9. #39
    The page where it lists 2 Oaks, the Collector tier is listed first.

    If I was updating that page, I'd start with collector and copy and paste my way down the list. All my money is on an editing error as a result of that process.

    The collector tier has a lot of value, but back in the KS only a few people saw that value, so the extra oak was a big incentive. They aren't going to spread that incentive to the other 250+, non-collector tiers. There would be a great deal of saltiness for no good reason.

    It's a typo.

  10. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by fido_one View Post
    The page where it lists 2 Oaks, the Collector tier is listed first.

    If I was updating that page, I'd start with collector and copy and paste my way down the list. All my money is on an editing error as a result of that process.

    The collector tier has a lot of value, but back in the KS only a few people saw that value, so the extra oak was a big incentive. They aren't going to spread that incentive to the other 250+, non-collector tiers. There would be a great deal of saltiness for no good reason.

    It's a typo.
    Yeah, typo has been my assumption, but I want to be crystal clear, just in case.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •