Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Spectral changes

Spectral changes

Please. Let's not have this get into 'the cards should/shouldn't have been nerfed' argument, that has been talked to death and HexEnt is supposed to officially comment on the changes at some point. There are plenty of threads to resurrect that debate. Let's talk about what we are seeing now with the new patch!

So Twitter says HexEnt is trying to flip on the switch to give us our oaks, meaning we can inspect them in client.

Did I miss where it went from Dream Squirrel to Mystic Squirrel? I preferred 'dream' but I think this is a wise choice as it would have invariably been confused with the dream deck and the AZ1 dungeon, making new players possibly think they could pick them up on the campaign map.

Big changes are equipment:

Acorn: Phantasmal Armor - Slot Chest
    Your Spectral Acorns instead have, [exhaust] Gain +3/3, gain three of the same threshold of your choice and return this to your hand. Then, this irreversibly transforms into a Dream Squirrel.

Acorn: Phantasmal Grips - Slot Gloves
    Your Spectral Acorns have, "When this exhausts, you may discard up to two cards. If you do, draw a card for each card discarded this way.

Squirrel: Insignia of the Marmot - Slot Trinket
    Your Dream Squirrels have, "Your Ardent troops in all zones have +1D. Your Underworld troops in all zones have +1A.

(No lifedrain equipment for this card)

So.... Phantasmal Armor... whoa. I mean right? Even though it's an equip, it definitely makes me want to pop that acorn a lot more. Still not excited about the squirrel.

What does this mean? For starters, it will make the Phantasmal Armor extra, extra, extra chase on the AH if the acorns have resell value as many of us hope.

EDIT: Acorn also has an 'untargatable' tag, which is defined as follows:

Untargetable - This can't be seen in your deck. This is unaffected by all cards, powers, and effects other than its own powers and effects.

EDIT EDIT: Gwear's comments in this thread are worth 20 comments of any other poster, including the OP.
    Last edited by fido_one; 04-07-2016 at 02:33 PM.

i cant remember, do we get the equip with the oak or nah?

Quote Originally Posted by frexerik View Post
    i cant remember, do we get the equip with the oak or nah?
    Oak generates acorns, which turn into Squirrells if used and oaks cannot be put into a deck, so no, can't equip the oak.

Okay so i meant do we get the equipment for the acorns, or do we have to find it somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by frexerik View Post
    Okay so i meant do we get the equipment for the acorns, or do we have to find it somewhere?
    Ah, sorry! Yes we'll get the equipment with the acorns.

If you got multiple oaks in the KS, you'll be able to sell an armor which could be worth a good deal, possibly almost as much as an oak itself.

Devoted Emissary
    If Gwear's comments are worth 20 comments of us, simple mortals of entrath, why have they been eliminated?
    king tier backer, catalan and european

LOL at the Gwaer edit... Isn't he okay with being the buffalord.. I don't think he needs to worry about his nuts anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Catalonia View Post
    If Gwear's comments are worth 20 comments of us, simple mortals of entrath, why have they been eliminated?
    They'll invariably come, like Winter in GoT, and probably overwhelm us as much as his oaken army.

Well, it's certainly a nerf compared to the original spoiled Phantasmal Grips, but I can see that that was way overpowered. New Phantasmal Armour is way better.