Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nin's Marauders

Quote Originally Posted by nicosharp View Post
    This deck is pretty hilarious, and they thought Dream deck was non-interactive.. lol. Romor's after endlessly egging takes the cake for sure.
    Egging? Not familiar with the term...

In MTG there was a deck called breaking Eggs or something.. A poor reference..
    Just a sad FYI, still on my first play through and at about 2hours of game time.. not quite done.
    the deck is F'n slow, but fun as hell.

A single copy of Transcend is hilarious. Tentacled Fingers are VERY decent when you get a bunch of Reinforcements in your hand. Phenteo's Gift is ok when it comes to filling your graveyard, but feels a bit 'win more' unless you luck out early. Equipped Dingler is fine, but feels very slow. A couple of Schemes do wonders for Chronic Madnesses.

Edit: Chronic Madness has some weird interactions with this deck. Sometimes it goes into deck, sometimes it goes into void pile. Maybe it is Marauders, maybe Schemes...
    Last edited by Verdant; 04-08-2016 at 08:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Koz View Post
    As a clarification on how this deck works, if you play a Chronic Madness from a Marauder entering play, does it still get voided after you play it? Or not since it goes into the deck? I assume it still gets voided
    It's weirdly inconsistent. Sometimes it goes to the deck, sometimes the void. I think that maybe a Madness played by a Marauder from the Crypt ends up in the deck, but then if you redraw and play that Madness it ends in the void? Could be some bugs around somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Showsni View Post
    It's weirdly inconsistent. Sometimes it goes to the deck, sometimes the void. I think that maybe a Madness played by a Marauder from the Crypt ends up in the deck, but then if you redraw and play that Madness it ends in the void? Could be some bugs around somewhere.
    I think I counted about 6 priority triggers you need to activate to actually play a chronic madness in this way. Due to how this deck in 1 turn can easily cast your entire graveyard for the win, it is pretty comical, but requires you to maybe click 100 times or so before a single victory.

It's probably one of those rare 50% chance scenarios, like Verdant Wyldeboar and Soul of Battle, that Chronic Madness ends up in your deck, or your void.

Maybe its possible instead of 'Card gets "Void this' then play this card for free, it has been programmed in reverse? Perhaps it is played free, then being given "Void this'? Then next time it plays it would be voided. Just speculating Im not at the computer to check what is actually going on

Master Theorycrafter
    I think this deck may singlehandedly be responsible for the rise of slithering marauder's price from 700 plat or so to 1700. Wow. :O

(Admittedly this guy is gonna be great in action based pve decks, perhaps especially so with set 4 bringing us action-centered ruby-sapphire.)
    IGN: Legan

Chronic madness might be related to a few other oddities I've noted playing the ruby/sapphire version. If I play marauder and choose to play oracle song, sometimes it'll go to the void and resolve from the void. Other times it stays on the chain, resolves and then goes to the void. If chronic madness stays on the chain when it resolves it'll go to your deck instead of voiding. I still don't know how to recreate each have scenario.
    unnamed-council.com

Inner Council - The Enigma Engine
    Grand King Backer

Great deck, nice work.

Ill try this later. Conceptually with the helm eq and mastery of time in deck you can take infinite turns. I'm also going to try Optimatron over the Murmurs, somewhat the same effect with an added win Con.