Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nin's Marauders

Hero of Adamanth
    This is a fun deck for sure, thx!

A little bit slow but the slithering Marauder is far the best PVE card out right now... i didn't lose any PVE game with a similar deck yet...

Wasn't sure if I should make a different thread, but ever since I added Slithering Marauders they have become a pretty key player. So if someone is looking for an similar, but different deck that uses Marauders, here is:

Emperor Savvas

x4 The Crowd Roars (weapon) - guys, this will be sooo good with Primal Dawn empower cards
    x4 Arcane Focus

x4 Shoggoth (boots)
    x3 Slithering Marauders - Was only able to snag 3 before prices went bananacakes
    x2 Tectonic Megahulk (trinket)

x4 Morphology (gloves)
    x4 Burn
    x4 Crackling Bolt
    x4 Heat Wave (chest)
    x2 Fiery Indignation (helm)

x2 Replica Reinforcements

x12 Sapphire Shard
    x9 Ruby Shard
    x2 Starsphere

So instead of filling up your crypt to cast Marauders, your goal is to cast The Crowd Roars and put out a fat troop. The Marauders used to be Cyclone Shamans, but I gave the Marauders a shot because the Crowd Roars makes them free to cast either way. Once they enter play, you can target The Crowd Roars in the crypt and cast it again.

Originally, Replica Reinforcements were Schemes, but it looks like Scheme is bugged with the new cards and doesn't recognize The Crowd Roars as a target, so it doesn't makes copies of it. What the deck was supposed to do was chain Roars into roars and basically casting the whole deck for free and either having an insurmountable lead of huge creatures on board or straight burning the opponents. This is what it will do if/when scheme works with Roar.

Shoggoth is not only a great unblockable facebeater, he puts things back into the deck so that The Crowd Roar can hit them when cast. You won't be hard casting Tectonic Megahulk, so it doesn't have much use in hand. Basically the only things you want in hand are resources and The Crowd Roars.

You have plenty to time to find a Roar as the deck is stacked with burn so you can keep threats at bay easily. Morphology helps as removal and card draw.

While you won't be milling yourself to get Marauders out, this deck is action heavy and you should find them pretty cast-able relatively quickly. This is a Plan B of sorts as The Crowd Roars might not hit a big threat and be sitting there waiting in your crypt to be cast again.

Sensei of the Wounded Petal
    Quote Originally Posted by Quantius View Post
    Wasn't sure if I should make a different thread, but ever since I added Slithering Marauders they have become a pretty key player. So if someone is looking for an similar, but different deck that uses Marauders, here is:

Emperor Savvas

x4 The Crowd Roars (weapon) - guys, this will be sooo good with Primal Dawn empower cards
    x4 Arcane Focus

x4 Shoggoth (boots)
    x3 Slithering Marauders - Was only able to snag 3 before prices went bananacakes

x4 Morphology (gloves)
    x4 Burn
    x4 Crackling Bolt
    x4 Heat Wave (chest)

x12 Sapphire Shard
    x9 Ruby Shard
    x2 Starsphere
    Heh, this deck is hilarious. So slow though when you do 10+ actions per turn ;p

Devoted Emissary

a play for free empower card can be empowered? for example for a card that costs 5 and (10 if empowered) would we be able to play the empowered version for just 5 resources? play the empowered version for free? or not be able to play the empowered version?
    king tier backer, catalan and european

Quote Originally Posted by Catalonia View Post
    a play for free empower card can be empowered? for example for a card that costs 5 and (10 if empowered) would we be able to play the empowered version for just 5 resources? play the empowered version for free? or not be able to play the empowered version?
    According to HEX Employee 'Magician' in this thread: http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthr...t=empower+free

Quote Originally Posted by darkwonders View Post
    So if you get an empower card to cost free, will the empowered version also be free?

"It will be, Darkwonders! If you get the cost to 0 or less, doubling the cost will result in it remaining the same, as we don't add negative numbers to things when doing calculations involving multiple numbers.

Also, to this point, if the card had "You can play this for free." The empowered version will keep that power when transformed, so you would also be able to play the Empowered card for free despite it's cost being so much greater than the original card."

So Indigo Dreamwalker, The Crowd Roars, Syyn will have some nice synergy with Empower.

Devoted Emissary
    nice. thanks for the answer
    king tier backer, catalan and european

I took out the 4 Extinctions in favor for Phenteo's Gifts with Equipment and have been having fun with it. I just don't ever void the gifts as they just keep on giving.

I swapped Calls for Phenteo's gift and it worked great.

Emperor Savvas

x4 Arcane Focus

x4 Shoggoth (boots)

x4 Morphology (gloves)
    x4 Burn
    x4 Crackling Bolt
    x4 Heat Wave (chest)

x12 Sapphire Shard
    x9 Ruby Shard
    x2 Starsphere

So instead of filling up your crypt to cast Marauders, your goal is to cast The Crowd Roars and put out a fat troop. The Marauders used to be Cyclone Shamans, but I gave the Marauders a shot because the Crowd Roars makes them free to cast either way. Once they enter play, you can target The Crowd Roars in the crypt and cast it again.

Originally, Replica Reinforcements were Schemes, but it looks like Scheme is bugged with the new cards and doesn't recognize The Crowd Roars as a target, so it doesn't makes copies of it. What the deck was supposed to do was chain Roars into roars and basically casting the whole deck for free and either having an insurmountable lead of huge creatures on board or straight burning the opponents. This is what it will do if/when scheme works with Roar.

Shoggoth is not only a great unblockable facebeater, he puts things back into the deck so that The Crowd Roar can hit them when cast. You won't be hard casting Tectonic Megahulk, so it doesn't have much use in hand. Basically the only things you want in hand are resources and The Crowd Roars.

You have plenty to time to find a Roar as the deck is stacked with burn so you can keep threats at bay easily. Morphology helps as removal and card draw.

While you won't be milling yourself to get Marauders out, this deck is action heavy and you should find them pretty cast-able relatively quickly. This is a Plan B of sorts as The Crowd Roars might not hit a big threat and be sitting there waiting in your crypt to be cast again.
    This is great, nice use of Shoggoth. This gives me some ideas!