Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eternal Dream - PvE Campaign Elf Cleric Infinite turn deck (ずっと俺のターン!)

Eternal Dream - PvE Campaign Elf Cleric Infinite turn deck (ずっと俺のターン!)

Hi, as my first post I'd like to share a deck I have had moderate success with in PvE.

Eternal Dream

The basic concept of Eternal Dream is to create an unending dream from which your opponent cannot escape. Once you have done so, you have won because there is little that your opponent can do to fight back, simply because this deck generates infinite turns.

The cornerstone of this deck is the card Enter the Dream. This PvE Epic card lets you draw a card every time you play one, which turns your entire deck into an unholy lotus eater engine; but it comes at a hefty 8 resource cost. The deck therefore revolves around getting this card out as quickly as possible, which will shortly lead to victory on that turn or the next. Unfortunately, you are limited by resource costs, which is where being an Elf Cleric comes in. Your ability creates 0 cost blessing actions which create a 0 cost Genesis Leaf that can be sacrificed for 1/0. This will let you generate an unlimited amount of resources by drawing your entire deck until it consists of nothing but Genesis Leaves and 0 cost spells.

Secondly, you will be using Surge Mechanism with the Epic armor Body Tank. Surge Mechanism serves two very important functions - it lets us ramp to 8 resources faster and it creates a win condition by giving you an extra turn by sacrificing it with 10 resources. As it doesn't get Voided and merely goes into your crypt, Enter the Dream will promptly recycle it into your deck so that you can cast it again on your next turn.

Talents

Get Aura Aspect: Good Karma and Unlock: Divine Altar.

Getting blessings faster will lead you to creating more early Genesis leaves, which make getting off the Enter the Dreams easier. Divine Altar is quite good as it doubles your leaves and card advantage.

The remaining two points are up to you, but I would suggest The Righteous Path, Enhance Blessing: Life Essence or Fortitude.

Decklist Recipe: (DO NOT USE EVERY CARD!)

IMPORTANT:
    Like a certain popular video game franchise, this deck works in two flavours, which you should pick ONE of: Ruby and Sapphire. For the sake of consistency, it is inadvisable to use all 3 colours. Other than the core, pick additional cards below depending on the situation or your preference.
    Note that we are generally avoiding most cheap 1 toughness creatures as they will die very easily to all the removal in campaign, especially Power of Blood.

Core Engine - Must-have cards!
    Enter the Dreamx3 - Should be fairly cheap now that lesser Dream decks have been nerfed.
    Surge Mechanismx2 with Body Tank (Body)
    Teapot of Prosperity x2
    Spirit Dance x2 with Ghost Band (Trinket) for Cost -2
    Balthasar x2 - Be very careful with him.
    Ageless Troubadour x3
    Wild Root Dancer x3 with Feralroot Slippers (Feet)
    Lithe Lyricist x3
    Chlorophylla x2 with Gardener's Hat (Head)
    Sealed Tomb x1-2
    Wild Shard x10
    FeralRoot Acorn x3
    7-8x Ruby or Sapphire Shards, depending on colour choice.
    1-2 Shard of Savagery or Instinct, depending on colour choice.

Now choose the remaining 13-17 cards from below to fill to 60 cards, depending on situation. What you actually pick is not as important as the above engine because you will have infinite resources/turns to figure out how to win.

Ramp-
    2x Skydancer (This will save your life against fliers)
    Merry Minstrels Not actually ramp, but cheap and can help with consistency.
    Sylvan Duet Little synergy, not recommended.
    Resource Optimizing Infusion Device - Can be useful if you decide against my advice to go with all 3 colours.

Draw-
    2x Deployment Orders - These become 0 cost freebies for easy recursion once the Dream has been played.

SAPPHIRE
    1-2x Bird o' Plenty
    1-2x Cerulean Mirror Knight Expensive on the wallet and a bit unwieldy.
    2x Dream Eagle - Nerfed, but can still be usable.

RUBY
    1-3x Cerebral Fulmination - Risky, but you only need 1 turn to win.
    2x Fuel for the Fire - Same as above

Priming/Filtering-
    1x Nature Reigns Useful to destroy an extra if you are forced into playing multiple Enter the Dreams (2 dreams makes a finite loop before you deck yourself)

SAPPHIRE
    1x Dream Dance - Very useful, but not mandatory.
    1x Shrewd Manipulation - Win condition and anti-deck protection.

Defensive Options-
    2-3x Ankylosaurus with Dino Club (Weapon) - Removal + a brick wall. Can 2 for 1.
    2-3x Vine Trap with Trapper Grips (Gloves) - Standard for Killipedes/Other lethal creatures with nasty effects.
    1x Constantina - 3/3 Elf for 2 resources.

RUBY
    2x Ashwood Smiter - Clerics to keep you alive.
    1-2x Dream Skarn - This + Blessings will clear the opponent's board once you have entered the dream.
    2-3x Crackling Bolt - Kills all early threats and gives charges for Blessings.
    Burn - Crackling Bolt is generally superior as it can remove Spitfire Elementals without taking up the gloves slot. Note that both these spells can provide an alternate win condition after entering the dream if you just keep throwing them at your opponent's head.
    2x Ashwood Blademaster - Can be strong vs lethal.
    2-3x Fissuresmith - Good removal, if a little tricky to use.
    Purging Flames - Useful if going with mirrored Ruby card draw.

SAPPHIRE
    1-2x Yesterday - Can be useful as you will likely recover far faster and lets you replay Balthasars.
    2x Morphology with Mighty Morphing Gloves (Gloves) - Good card advantage when it works, but random.
    2x Time Ripple - For early-game breathing space.

Proof of Concept

Post-patch, using a Wild/Sapphire version of the deck with no Ruby cards. This is the board state vs Wiktor on the turn I get off Enter the Dream:

WiktorBefore.jpg

This is the board exactly 1 turn later:
    1turnlater.jpg

This is the board on my next turn, Wiktor did not get a turn in between.
    Recursion.jpg

General Gameplay Tips:
    - Only play two Enter the Dreams if you absolutely are going to die next turn and your hand is nearly empty. Be very careful not to deck yourself.
    - Once Enter the Dream has been cast, always sacrifice Genesis Leaves before you cast any other spells until you have established complete board domination.

Thank you for reading this far, and I wish you well in your endeavours.

Final footnote:
    Surge Engine infinite turns are not actually crucial to the deck! Once you have established board control with Enter the Dream and reduced the cost of nearly every spell in your deck to 0 or less, you can usually gain so much life and board presence that it is perfectly safe to give your opponents a turn. If you go with this route, I would suggest adding Bramble Creepers with Thistlecloak to ramp even faster.

Also, you will occasionally run over opponents who play more fair (i.e. no horde of 1-2 cost undercosted deadly creatures) with huge elves long before you get out Enter the Dream. This is fine too.
    Last edited by Vootie; 04-08-2016 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Changed Talent selection.

Updated, added another picture to prove that Wild/Ruby also works just fine.

Going for the stylish kill on Wiktor by poisoning him to death with his own Dreaming toxins. Note that the Dreaming Toxin shown will kill Wiktor because he has only 2 cards in his draw pile. My library consists of nothing but Genesis leaves and two Dreaming Toxins.

Additionally, I could have simply chosen to recur an infinite amount of Crackling Bolts until he was dead if I wasn't fighting Wiktor.

This version did not use infinite turns, however Wiktor's turn never came due to me drawing my entire library and spamming 0 cost cards. However, it requires a lot more care because playing Balthasar at this point would definitely kill me, as would playing any toxin without at least 3 cards in my library. To fill the library, simply sacrifice Genesis leaves (and gain 1/0 in the process).

WildRuby.jpg
    Last edited by Vootie; 04-07-2016 at 11:47 PM.

would be great if you could link two versions of the deck with hextcgbrowser
    so people who do not know all the cards mentioned and the respective equippment can grasp the concept.

loving this line^^
    3x Enter the Dream - Should be fairly cheap now that lesser Dream decks have been nerfed.
    Wishlist
    Timezone: GMT+1

AoM6 Cleared!

Update: AoM6 has been cleared (through a LOT of retries). I was actually colour-screwed and unable to cast blue spells, but recurring lullaby over and over again let me survive the 50 or so enemies on the other side of the field until I managed to wipe the entire board with Yesterday and go into infinite turns.

AoM6.jpg

Eierdotter:
    It's difficult to post a comprehensive deck list because understanding how the deck works is far more important so that you can swap in and out spells for specific dungeons. I'll go through four Decklists though:

Assume that no matter what, I will ALWAYS include the following:

Core - 37 cards: (all wild cards!)
    Enter the Dreamx3
    Surge Engine x2
    Teapot of Prosperity x2
    Spirit Dance x2
    Balthasar x2
    Ageless Troubadour x3
    Wild Root Dancer x3
    Lithe Lyricist x3
    Chlorophylla x2
    Sealed Tomb x2
    Wild Shard x10
    FeralRoot Acorn x3

For AoM6, use SAPPHIRE cards:
    Dream Eagle x2
    Dream Dance
    Yesterday x1
    Morphology x2 (with gloves)
    Verdict of the Ancient Kings x2
    Sapphire Shard x6
    Shard of Instinct x2
    Lullaby x2
    Arcane Focus x2
    Howling Brave x3

Take out the Sealed Tombs, you won't have the breathing room to use them.

For Wormoid Queen, use RUBY addon:
    Crackling Bolt x2
    Fissuresmith x2
    Purging Flames x1
    Cerebral Fulmination + Fuel for the Fire (As many as you can carry)
    7 Ruby Shards
    1 Shard of Savagery (adjust as you wish)
    Your objective is to ignore her burrowing and kill her by decking her with Cerebral Fulmination, otherwise the battle will take forever.

For Devonshire Keep
    Standard RUBY core:
    Skydancer x2 (Wild)
    Crackling Bolt x3 (for Wiktor)
    Fissuresmith x2
    Purging Flames OR Dream Skarn x2
    Deployment Orders x2
    Vine Trap (with Gloves) x3
    Ruby Shard x7
    Shard of Savagery x2

Standard SAPPHIRE core:
    Skydancer (Wild) x2
    Bird o' Plenty x2
    Yesterday x2
    Arcane Focus x2
    Cerulean Mirror Knight x2
    Dream Dance x1
    Vine Trap (with Gloves) x3
    Sapphire Shard x7
    Shard of Instinct x2
    Lullaby x1

I didn't even know that Body Tank equip existed. I have a Resource based deck that uses Enter the Dream that could benefit from it:

Highly Resourceful

Tetzot

x4 Cholorophylia
    x4 Pact of Life (head)
    x2 Enter the Dream
    x2 Bellow of Briggadon
    x1 Smash to the Ground

x4 Genesis Pool Naiad (trinket)
    x4 Merry Minstrels (gloves)
    x3 Lithe Lyricist (weapon)
    x2 Wild Root Dancer (boots)
    x2 Archon of Nulzann (one w/Spellshield & +1/+1 and the other with Only blockable by it's own type & create a rhino)
    x2 Eternal Sage

x16 Wild Shard
    x4 Crackling Vortex
    x4 Feral RootAcorn
    x4 Starsphere
    x2 Shard of Savagery

I have to put Surge Mechanisms with Body Tank now, it's probably what I needed to make this deck really great.

I think I'm missing something here. How are you getting your spells to cost 0? I like the look of this deck, but I think I think I'm a bit confused due to all of the different deck options you've got laid out.

Teapot of Prosperity I imagine

Quote Originally Posted by Koz View Post
    I think I'm missing something here. How are you getting your spells to cost 0? I like the look of this deck, but I think I think I'm a bit confused due to all of the different deck options you've got laid out.
    Quantius is partially right, it's a combination of teapot and Spirit Dance. Teapot only affects spells with costs of 1 and above, so after 1 or 2 spirit dances, the choices it can "randomly" target aren't very random at all.

Secondly, Enter the Dream recycles every spell you play into your crypt (shards are permanently voided), but spells you hold in your hand are kept out of that infinite loop. Suppose my Crypt consists of 3 spells: 2 genesis leaves and a burn (cost 1)

If I draw the burn, I burn something and draw a genesis leaf. My deck is now 1 burn and 1 genesis leaf.
    I play the genesis leaf - I draw either a genesis leaf or the burn.
    I sacrifice the genesis leaf for 1/0 (now I have enough to cast a burn). Now I draw either a genesis leaf or a burn.
    If I drew another genesis leaf, I'd get another 1/0 and now I'm up to 2 resources. If I drew a burn, I play it and start over.

Now say that I drew a "dead" card that I can't play (usually a resource when I'm at my limit) - this is why Wild Root Dancer is important, as well as Chlorophylla. I can simply "Store" it in my hand for that round, removing it from the recursion loop as long as I have another card to play - I get around this by storing Blessings or other cards that replace themselves when cast (Arcane Focus, Blessing), which still trigger Enter the Dream, effectively giving me 2 cards for 1.

This infinite loop engine is how the deck manages to get explosive wins. The only problem is that it is by no means fast and you need to play intelligently or risk decking yourself or running out of steam and giving your opponent a turn (the biggest problem being discarding down to 10 takes forever).

@Quantius: Thanks for the insight! I haven't quite started doing Frost Arena yet, so I wasn't sure how I could adapt it without my blessings and leaves. Frost Arena is pretty neat if playing 1/1s is viable so that I could use Genesis Naiads - I'd probably add a spirit dance or two though, simply because of how many spells it makes "Free draws".

P.S.: Without the leaves, if you're having trouble with decking yourself, try 1 copy of Shrewd Manipulation. This ensures that you can never deck yourself.
    Last edited by Vootie; 04-08-2016 at 10:32 AM.

Thanks for the more in-depth explanation. I think what was confusing for me is the layout of the OP. I think it might have been better to list each deck individually as opposed to a bunch of cards listed by shard with suggestions mixed in with the critical cards needed.

I also completely missed the Spirit Dances somehow (a card I love with the Trinket). Again, I think the layout is a bit chaotic which makes the decks hard to picture as a whole
    Last edited by Koz; 04-08-2016 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Koz View Post
    Thanks for the more in-depth explanation. I think what was confusing for me is the layout of the OP. I think it might have been better to list each deck individually as opposed to a bunch of cards listed by shard with suggestions mixed in with the critical cards needed.

I also completely missed the Spirit Dances somehow (a card I love with the Trinket). Again, I think the layout is a bit chaotic which makes the decks hard to picture as a whole
    yeah first post is confsing as fcuk