Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stuck at new patcher

That fix does not help me. I still get stuck on the 'new' patcher, it says:
    0.00% Checking patcher
    0.00% Statelist.txt
    Squire backer - why not more? cuz I am broke! :P

That's worked for someone but it start with a clean install
    That worked!
    What i did was clean install of both gameforge and hex. Before i patch up i copied the text from Darkfall's link to my patch.ini file which is in hex folder(notice that .ini are hidden files so you need to make them visible)
    Then i launch the patcher and everything worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil578 View Post
    That fix does not help me. I still get stuck on the 'new' patcher, it says:
    0.00% Checking patcher
    0.00% Statelist.txt
    A solution that helped me is to just install the Setup in the same folder again and restart the patcher

I have reinstalled the setup 4 times, twice I uninstalled via the un-install, twice I went through the computer and eradicated everything I could find hex related. Nothing seems to work, I keep getting stuck on :
    0.00% Checking patcher
    0.00% Statelist.txt

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil578 View Post
    I have reinstalled the setup 4 times, twice I uninstalled via the un-install, twice I went through the computer and eradicated everything I could find hex related. Nothing seems to work, I keep getting stuck on :
    0.00% Checking patcher
    0.00% Statelist.txt
    Yeah, because you should patch till the "Checking patcher" happens again. Then you should close the patcher and run the Setup again and install Hex on the same folder (no uninstalling!). Now retry patching. It should now start downloading new files with the "old" patcher

Laiwen's fix is ''working'' for me. I can finally get back into the game, but its laggy... The AI is taking long to act, and even when hitting F10 it takes a while to process my turn. (and my wife is playing next to me with no lag/slowness at all)

I am wondering if its cuz this fix by-passed something important ? ... I mean I am thrilled to finally be back in after, what is it now.. 3 days of exile? but would prefer my game to run flawlessly.

Hah, helarious .. I just tried to repair my install after using your fix Laiwen (as I really disliked the lag) and now its back to being stuck again on the patcher ^_^

I am defineatly thinking its bypassed / skipped some important file or something somewhere - your fix - as even the launcher / patcher is showing the incorrect background.

Do we think that there is any chance that HEX is going to fix this patcher anytime soon ? or maybe even an official replying to the forum posts?

sticky on top of section

This sticky Gregangel?

*If you are on Windows 7 and experience any of the following issues:

1. You are stuck downloading the same files over and over
    2. You are stuck downloading a specific file, but it never downloads.
    3. You are stuck accepting ToS over and over.

You will need to set your User Account Control (UAC) settings to: Default - Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer. You will then need to restart your computer and run hexpatch.exe again.

We believe that the "Never Notify me" setting is causing Windows 7 to protect your files in some other way. As a result the patcher can't do its thing. We are just as baffled as you are why increasing security settings seems to fix permission issues, but that's what fixed it for us this morning (and it's was pretty rough to track down). We have an engineer researching this further, but for now this is the work around.*

My UAC has always and will always be to the Default, so this sticky is useless. But ty for trying to help.

No this one, the first one