Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rules Updates For Primal Dawn regarding Copies

The first bug fixed is that if your High Tomb Lord was in play as a 1ATK/1DEF (1 cards in your crypt), a copy would then be a 1ATK/1DEF (1 cards in your crypt and +1ATK/+1DEF from the old High Tomb Lord). This was confusing, no doubt about it.
    Looks like a bit of a typo here.

I feel like in terms of intuition about what a copy should be, the unique tag should be removed, because there's no obvious lore reason why an effect that can create a copy of a sentient being wouldn't work just because they were sufficiently famous.

However, I understand that game balance may not permit that. Instead, I propose a small graphical tweak to copies of unique cards, demonstrated here on Archmage Wrenlocke:

Now it's clear that the copy is actually an evil twin from a parallel dimension who murdered (edit: sorry, killed) the original upon arrival. No more confusion!
    Last edited by Thoom; 04-08-2016 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoom View Post
    I feel like in terms of intuition about what a copy should be, the unique tag should be removed, because there's no obvious lore reason why an effect that can create a copy of a sentient being wouldn't work just because they were sufficiently famous.

However, I understand that game balance may not permit that. Instead, I propose a small graphical tweak to copies of unique cards, demonstrated here on Archmage Wrenlocke:

Now it's clear that the copy is actually an evil twin from a parallel dimension who murdered (edit: sorry, killed) the original upon arrival. No more confusion!
    Saw the beard before the evil twin comment; got the gist even before reading the explanation.

*golf clap* well done sir!

As one of the lets be honest whiniest people about the old interaction i love you guys for making this change. It in my mind at least absolutely makes it all much more intuitive and is an all around better design form for it.

Stay awesome always!
    Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild
    Twice as nice as i seem and ten times as friendly.

Is it normal that when you copy (with Scheme) a Chronic Madness (with 'bury 12 cards') it creates copies that only buries 4 cards?

Quote Originally Posted by bootlace View Post
    Is it normal that when you copy (with Scheme) a Chronic Madness (with 'bury 12 cards') it creates copies that only buries 4 cards?
    Scheme (IIRC) doesn't create copies, it creates cards with that name.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

Quote Originally Posted by Xenavire View Post
    Scheme (IIRC) doesn't create copies, it creates cards with that name.
    Ah right, that explains it.

I love this rules update. Fixing the static modifiers is so much more intuitive. I was ok with how it treated temporary modifiers like Giant Growth, but I'm also ok with treating them in the more balanced method.
    In-game: Obsidian || Collector backer || Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulea Acadamy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aradon View Post
    Cory is a man of unrelenting promises and optimism!

Quote Originally Posted by Aradon View Post
    I love this rules update. Fixing the static modifiers is so much more intuitive. I was ok with how it treated temporary modifiers like Giant Growth, but I'm also ok with treating them in the more balanced method.
    Are you trying to get Cryptozoic sued again?

These are good updates, and will definitely be less confusing for people in general, and new players in particular. Well done guys!

To follow up on what a few others have said about copies of escalation cards, currently if something copies an escalation card on the chain (chimes, periwinkle if the cost has been increased, thunderfield elder's power, etc.), the copy will do the correctly escalated effect (damage, number of rhinos, etc.), but will then go to the crypt instead of being shuffled back into the deck. It happens the same with all sources of copy, so it's definitely a mechanics-based bug as opposed to a card-specific bug.

We reported this on Mantis months ago, but it may be one of those ones that slipped through the cracks or was too complicated and fringe to fix at the time. Now that you guys are specifically retooling copy mechanics, it seems like a good time to close the loop on that one, too.
    --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well